The Kitten Chronicle

The Randoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-

 

A feathery friction and a slight of warm that's getting warmer and warmer on his left foot has made him stir from his previous sleeping position. It is indeed still too early to wake up, but guess it's time for a change. Something has changed his cycle the last few days. Actually he has been really hesitated at the beginning. He is the type of a man with a specific time for each thing he does, like waking up around early at five a.m. Yes, he does that every single day. A glass of water follows and then having a run for like 30 minutes. Heading back to take a shower, getting dressed, going out to work after a regular visit to a fancy restaurant for his breakfast. Well, it is not like that anymore.. 

 

~

 

What that has started this happened early in one of his day. It's when he did his regular morning run. A small bundle of fur was there on his view at a side of his running track around the bush. It was about to cross the path right at the time he passed. This small thing seemed not to take a notice of left or right and there came the runner who had to stopped so sudden he almost toppled off hitting his face to the ground. The loud roar  of swearing and cursing from the shock had made the small being so frightened hissing and fluffing all its fur then jumping back to the bush taking a cover. That's their first meeting.

The second one was when he met the same bundle on a different day sitting and staring at nowhere.. he passed it like it's nothing, glad that there's nothing bad happened.

The third day he found it meowing non stop, as if calling its mother in oh so desperate trials, the voice could slice everyone's heart but he toughened his heart and run passed it like he didn't see it or hear anything at all.

The fourth one, the meowing was still on, but it was not as loud as before. He could even hear it from like 5 meters away before, but then it's like whisper. He still tried to act cool and ignored the poor being. Hey, someone who could manage this stuff could come up anytime and take good care of it, right? There're numerous of animal lovers here in this town, or so he thought.

Well, the fifth one of their meeting had surely made him stop. The tiny being was laying helplessly at the side under a bush, looking really weak. It's a chilly morning and it looked like sick. He stopped, thinking really, really hard. It'd been almost a week, how come no one took it already? He's not the only one passing this path! He was not a capable man for a pet, heck he didn't even have any plants inside his place. He tried, but never lasted for more than a week or two. He's too busy with his job to take good care of anything else aside of himself. More importantly, he hates this fluffy stuff more over if it's alive..

He was gonna ignore it once again, but he could hear a faint cry, so weak and broken. Hey, where's its mom?! He stopped again to then turn his head a bit. It looked like it's sleeping but maybe not. It curled even more smaller and the faint meow had down to nothing, just some light movement from it's mouth. Okay, maybe he'd just take a look. Walking doubly closer, he bent a little to have a closer look. It's still breathing.. he reached out one of his finger and nudged its small tummy a little but he could directly detect the heat. He then used his hand to touch it and it's true. It had a fever! So he took it right away, the tiny animal could even fit in his palm, so small. The wind blew hard so he decided to put it inside one of the pocket in his jacket and ran. ! He's not gonna deny the fact that he might be a cruel or cold person but this thing needed a help. Maybe he could even left it to the vet to be adopted by anyone else, someone more suitable than him.

He's really familiar with the neighborhood and the track he always takes for his morning jog, so he knows a pet shop around. It's a place he has no desire to visit honestly, but there he was that day. It's still too early for the place to open but he had to at least try and knock. Miraculously, there's someone inside and he waved fast giving a sign by lifting the poor thing up and showed it. Of course the door was immediately opened and he's led inside. The boy, or so he thought took the poor thing fast and put it in a basket with a small blanket, wrapping it like a cocoon.

"Poor thing. What happened?" The boy asked.

"I found it on the way of my morning run. Looks like it's sick." He answered.

"Oh.. you must be missing your mommy? Are you hungry? Omo.. let's get you something.."

And he's left there, awkward, didn't know what to do. He could be leaving but maybe he should be there just in case he needed to answer some questions? But he's getting late and he had work to do.

"I'm sorry to leave you earlier, but I have given some warm milk and it is sleeping now. Maybe you can leave it here first until it's more stabile and you can take it home.."

"I.."

"It's so rare to find someone caring like you, most of the people will just coldly ignore it. Poor kitten.."

"Actually, I-"

"Come on.. What you've done is not something small. Some even take it and just leave it in some shelter and actually do not care. Look over there.." the boy continued and there were cats in cages he didn't realize were there before..

"What you did is amazing. You can take it home this afternoon if it's not serious. Just leave it here and trust me. We will make it better in a flash." The boy explained, fast and unstoppable like an express train, so bright like sun shine, guessed he liked to talk so much.

 Well, scratched the idea to leave it there for some adoption. Maybe he could ask some of his co-worker who might be interested in having a pet. Yeah, he could do just that. Or so he thought..

 

-

 

As a practical man he is, the first think he did that day when he arrived at work was looking for a person who was potentionaly a keeper or knew someone who could be one. So he went to Yoochun but he had himself being stared up and down like he's having a pair of horns on top of his head and a long tail fallin to the floor.

"What happened to you?" He asked first.

"Do you wanna have a cat? Or Junsu?" He ignored his friend's question and asked what he intended to do.

Yoochun even stared at him more. "A cat? No.. and Junsu has two dogs already, I don't know if he wants to add the list with a cat. Are you sure you're alright, Yunho? Did you even take a shower?"

Well, that's really offensive. Yunho glared at him hard, but when he saw his own reflection on the glass wall he cursed. Okay, he did skip the shower but he was sure he had styled his hair, no.. cause that freakin little bundle had kept him almost an hour late and the traffic jam that day was the worst! He didn't even get his breakfast. Now maybe he's thinking to have it sent to his office instead. 

"What's wrong with this cat? Are you dating someone who owns one?"

"Wh-No, Yoochun! You know exactly I don't have time for that."

"Yeah right.. You know what, I think it's better for you to keep it. I love it cause you seem to be human now.." he chuckled.

"Just say you can't, no need insult me, Yoochun." He said and left.

Once he sat on his chair in his office though, all he could think is only his work. It had consumed his time entirely and once he decided he's done, the sun was nowhere to be seen. He almost forgot that he had to take the kitten from the vet. So he drove there hesitantly but entered the place nevertheless. He's welcomed by the boy once again with his signature smile.

"Oh, hi! Are you coming to take your kitten? Wait a minute.." he ran fast like a flash and gave him a bag.

Yunho rose his eyebrows.

"She's inside." The boy said.

O-oh.. He took a peek and he could see a bundle inside.

"I can tell that you have no experience in having one so here.." the boy gave him a bag full of stuff.

"And this.." he gave him a box.

Yunho again rose his eyebrows. He read the writing on the box and saw the picture. God, it's the sand.. the litter box! He's getting goosebumps imagining what might come from that thing.

"Don't worry.. Cats are not that bad you just need to train her."

"Her?"

"Yes, it's a female. Our vet has made sure of it. If you have anything to ask, just come here and I'll help you. Do you want to pay it with your card?"

"Oh.. yeah, I'll use my card. Thanks."

"Taemin, call me Taemin. I'm happy that I can help you."

"Okay, Taemin. Thanks again."

"Good night!"

That night he got back home, greeted and talked the man at the front for the first time since the day he move there. He heeded help and both of his hands couldn't handle all the stuff he bought. And starting that night, his life changed..

 

~

 

Meow.. meow.. meow..

He at first

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter