Chapter 62

What If
Chapter 62

Donghae's POV

Valentines day is a waste when there's no one to spent it with. No wait, scratch that. It's a waste when the person you want to spend it with is not there.

I threw myself onto the bed, the days event taking a toll on me. Yoomin not around, spending so much time with that Sungmin. That jerk of a Sungmin. Can't stand all of this really.

And despite all of this frustration I have with my own situation, I honestly think that I'm not at the deepest end yet. At least Yoomin's parents are not telling me to stay away from her.

I grabbed my pillow and folded it into half and positioned it under my head to make myself comfortable.

I recalled the conversation Eunhyuk and I had at Starbucks and cracked my head for ways to help him.

"He told me to stay away from her," Eunhyuk spoke his mouth quavering and his eyes bright red in an attempt not to cry.

As far as I could remember, and I've known Eunhyuk for 11 years of my life, I have never seen him so dead in love with a girl, the way he is with Seonhee. And I can never see them now without each other, that would just be strange. Seonhee had very much become part of Eunhyuk's life. True, they weren't being their usual love birds recently but it is so obvious that they love each other very much. They have that kind of love envied by others.

I wonder what should be done to help these two.

With that, I closed my eyes and retired for the night.

Seonhee's POV

"Why are you not picking up the phone,  Eunhyuk?"

I glared at my phone, frustration punctuating every number as I dialed his number again.

"...the number you dialed is not available. Please try - "

I threw the phone hard on my bed causing it to bounce, and I slumped myself down onto my carpeted floor. I let my head fall onto the bed, my eyes teary.

Why is he not picking up?? Was he mad at me? What did he and my dad talked about? Or perhaps what happened to him?

My head shot up.

He could have been in an accident. A lot of accidents happen at night, just like that incident with the Ferrari recently.

I clambered up the bed and grabbed my phone. Black screen greeted me. I really shouldn't have thrown the phone. I switched the phone on and waited for it to lit up. Then a picture of Eunhyuk and I flashed on the screen. In the picture, I was wearing a black tank top and I have my hair down in front of me while he was resting his head on my shoulders, eyes closed. I could still remember that when we took that picture, I had just gotten out of the toilet from my bath and he said he liked the smell of my hair and my skin.

Tears began to well up in my eyes, as I stared at the picture. I realized how long we had not been cuddling just like that. I missed those times when it was just me and him and no one else. It's been too long.

When my phone went back to it's normal setting, I quickly typed out a message and sent it immediately.

"I miss you so much. Please call me back? I love u.."

Just then my door burst open, and my father walked in and snatched my phone.

I was shocked by what he did and was unable to react immediately. What the heck is going on now?

"You are not to contact that boy anymore," he said, his face rid of emotions.

"Wha-? Why?!"

With that he slammed the door behind him.

I bit my lip, trying to stop it from quivering as tears flowed uncontrollably down my face. I pulled my legs close to myself and rocked myself back and forth, my nails clawing deep into my leg. When I finally did let go, it left red crescent marks on my skin, and slowly a blood oozed out of the marks. I tried to wipe the blood with my own hands. But all I wanted was to make it bleed more. I didn't want it to stop.

Why?? So is that what he told Eunhyuk? To break up with me?

I burst into tears and bury my head into my pillow to drown out the sound.

Yeah, try breaking us up. Like you can.