Chapter 22

What If

Yoomin's POV

He shoved him away from him, and placed himself infront of him, his right hand extended infront of me to block any advances from Donghae.

I could only gape at the back of the man who was standing infront of me. Lee Sungmin. This has got to be one of those dreams right?

"You study Law and yet you do not know that she can sue you for ual harrassment?" he said, his voice cold.

Donghae could only look at him, his mouth opening and closing, eyes darting from me to Sungmin then back.

Sungmin then gripped my left wrist and he turned around to pull me along with him. I felt my pulse quicken just at the touch of his skin against mine. As I felt him tugging me behind him to follow, I swear I could have swooned right there.

Then I felt another grip tightened on my right wrist, preventing me from going.

I turned behind. Donghae had his eyes fixed on mine, his hand on my wrist in a tight grip, not letting go. My heart skipped a beat and I almost forgot to breathe. The heat from his hands emanated to my skin, increasing the already heated temperature.

When, Sungmin realized I was not moving, he turned back. He eyed the Donghae's hands and looked at him straight in the eyes before he, ever so quietly growled, "Let. Her. Go."

We stood there for almost a good minute, atmosphere all too tensed you could almost feel an invisible rubber snapping. My eyes darted from Sungmin to Donghae and then back, wondering who would let go first.

I myself don't know who I really want to go with. Donghae? Sungmin? It's so confusing. I squeezed my eyes and looked down on the floor.

"Donghae?"

I looked up to see Yoona, approaching us. Her eyes was squinting and she had a very annoyed look pasted on her immaculate face. She stopped in front of us, bony hands on her jutting-out hips.

I could almost feel Donghae's resolve dissolving, his grip on my wrist loosening. Donghae?

I looked at him, hurt pulsing in my veins. My eyes soon welled up with tears and before Donghae could let go of my hand, Sungmin spoke.

"That's right Donghae, go to your girlfriend over there," he nodded at Yoona, gesturing her. With that, he pulled me from Donghae, just as a tear slipped down my cheeks. I didn't need to look behind to know that as soon as I turned around, Yoona had her skeletal arms wrapped around his waist.

My vision was blurred by the tears that had, out of control, started outing down my face. I just let Sungmin pulled me to wherever it was we were going.

Then he stopped walking and held both my shoulders and pushed me down to sit on a bench, before taking a seat beside me as well.

He gazed at me as I cried and sobbed my heart out. I blurted out everything that had happened. Even from that time at the cinema when I first met Donghae.

He listened quietly, nodding, absorbing everything I said.

When I could no longer cry, tears running out, he held my shoulders one more time. Unexpectedly pulling me close to him, and wrapped his arms around me in a tight embrace. I felt myself tensed up at this all-too-close contact.

"I..."he started. "I can't take away your pain, I can't stop things from happening..."

My heart, for the umpteenth time in just a few hours in the morning, skipped again.

"But I can only give you comfort whenever you're with me. Anything to take the hurt away even for a moment."

***********************************************************

YAY!! UPDATED!! I know I left u a cliffhanger just now...but I myself couldn't stand the tension within ME^^ and I just had to break free!!! so updated I did!!!! ENJOY THE UPDATES:):)