Chapter 35

What If

Chapter 35

Jiyoo's POV

Okay, the Ice Cream will arrive in 24 minutes. The fried chicken in 15 minutes. I quickly grabbed my handphone to message Leeteuk to remind him to fetch Yoomin as I was standing near the doorway of the kitchen.

As I hanged up on Leeteuk, I turned around to see Seonhee and Eunhyuk fooling around at the dining table. I tasked Seonhee to prepare the sausages and marshmallows on the stick. Eunhyuk was supposed to be preparing the barbecue fire. And he clearly haven't started. Eunhyuk's arms were wrapped around Seonhee's waist and they were cuddling each other as Seonhee fed Eunhyuk with marshmallow.

I was seriously considering whether it was worth my energy and money to throw my handphone at the two of them. Of course it did not.

"YAHHH! Seonhee! Eunhyuk! Can you two please leave that for later??"

Eunhyuk reluctantly pulled away from Seonhee after giving her a slight peck on the cheek.

I shook my head on the two. Seriously. The things my eyes have to see.

Eunhyuk slowly went out to the barbeque pit, stealing glances at Seonhee. He then took out the charcoals from the bags and started setting up and preparing the fire.

Okay, barbecue stuff settled, ice cream and cake settled, fire settled. I mentally ticked off the lists I had in mind.

"Is this okay?" Seonhee asked, showing me the marshmallow and sausage she arranged on the stick.

"It's fine Seonhee," I replied, exasperated. I had too many things to worry about other than how a marshmallow and sausage looked like on a stick. Seonhee then turned back to continue doing her work.

I felt my phone buzzed against my jean's front pocket. It was a message from Siwon.

"Anything I can do darling?"

I smiled to myself. Feeling all my stress slowly seeping out of me, my nerves relaxing a little as I typed my reply. I climbed up to one of the room's upstairs to retrieve my wallet, to buy some snack from 7-eleven. I haven't had anything since this morning.

"Everything's okay here. Perhaps drinks though and some ice? I totally forgot about them."

I quickly send the message and shove my handphone into my jean's pocket. Today was a very important day and I don't want anything to screw up. It's Yoomin's 18th birthday and I must honestly say I cannot believe that she herself cannot remember it. Either that, or she was pretending not to jve remembered. Usually, every year, she would text Seonhee and I that it was that time of the year again and would be demanding jokingly for her gifts. This year, nothing. No texts, no demands, nothing. I was pretty surprised myself.

Well, this time she didn't have to demand anything because we have already planned a surprise party for her about a month ago. We have booked a chalet, in which we rented a semi-apartment that comes with a personal barbecue pit and an access to a swimming pool. Not to mention a private jacuzzi at the third story of the apartment.

It did cost quite an amount but it was all going to be worth it.

As I was walking down the last steps of the flight of stairs, I noticed that Eunhyuk was missing. The fire hasn't been started yet. I turned around an no surprise there, he was hugging and giggling with Seonhee. Again.

"REALLY! FOR THE LAST TIME!!"

In Donghae's Room

Donghae's POV

Today is a very important day. For her.  And so it will be for me.

I looked at myself at the mirror holding a suit infront of me by it's hanger to see if it looked nice and appropriate for the event.

No not this one. A suit is obviously too formal for a birthday party.

I threw that one onto the pile that was already forming on my bed. It has been almost an hour since I started choosing clothes, I feel almost embarrassed to even think about it. I had been up real early today, 5am, the moment my alarm had rang to wake me up.

For the whole morning I had already practiced what I was going to say to her and what effective conversational starters I would use on her. And lastly personally wrap the birthday present I bought for her almost a month ago.

I had not texted her a birthday wish or anything as I wanted her to be surprised when she sees me there later.

 

I grabbed another shirt that was hanging in my cabinet and placed infront of me to test out whether it was to my liking.

Hmm, not to formal and yet not too casual. I like it.

I quickly put on the black polo, carefully buttoning up the front. I slabbed a bit of gel on my brown hair to style it up a little.

I took a one long glance on myself in the mirror.

You look good, Donghae. You look good.

"I do really hope so," I mumbled to myself.

With that, I grabbed the long thin box on my table and the rose beside it, along with the wallet that was on my bed. I grabbed the door handle, took one last long look on the room, making sure I had taken everything I needed before closing it behind me.

Yoomin, here I come.

***********************************************

HAHA YES MY DEAR READERS LEETEUK DOES HAVE FEELINGS FOR JIYOO~~ you are so smart!! Hahaha we shall develop that part a little later, as for now, wait for the intense chapter 36:)

this is solely dedicated to my two BFFs YOOMIN AND JIYOO!! ENJOY MY DEARS AND WELCOME BACK SUNGMIN ON TWITTER!! @imSMl hahaha:):)