Chapter 31

What If

Chapter 31

Siwon's POV

"Do you," I asked, twirling Jiyoo's hair around his fingers. Jiyoo was leaning against my chest as we sat on the picnic mat at a park. It was 6.30pm already and we were waiting for the sun to set.

It has almost been two months since that very night at the Japanese restaurant. Since then, we have been very careful about our interactions in school, keeping our relationship under wrap.

"Yeah?"she asked, turning her head to the side to look at me. I felt the temperature of my surrounding rising despite the cool wind that just blew. Her face inches from me, her lips parted ever so slightly. I felt her heartbeat fast against my own, her breathing inconsistent. I closed the distance between us, leaning further down to reach her.

When our lips touched, it was almost like as if sparks flew everywhere. All thoughts I have of anything became incoherent, coming out in spurts just like our breathing, raspy and needy. Her lips tasted of caramel sauce, sweet and wonderful, everything good that I cannot name. Our lips move against each other in synchronized movement, no smashing of teeth or nose bumping. Like as if we have been doing this forever.

You have been. In your thousand and one dreams.

Shut it.

As we pulled away, we stared into each other's eyes, breathless. We smiled at each other and I returned to twirling her hair as she looked at the scenic view in front of us.

"What were you saying?" she asked, taking my hand in hers and drawing patterns on it with her fingernails.

"Hmm?"

"You were saying?" she asked again. U tried to recall what it was that bothered me in the first place but I could not remember at all. I thought hard but nothing came to me.

If I can't remember it, it shouldn't be that important, I thought.

"Nothing," I replied her and kissing her cheeks swiftly and chuckled. She swatted at my arm harmlessly while I continued to twirl her hair around my fingers.

Soon, the sky became a shade of orange as the sky began to move slowly down across the sky. Leaving the sky behind us a dark violet.

Seonhee's bedroom

Seonhee's POV

My phone buzzed beside me, making me yelp in surprise.

"I'm at your door."

I leaped up and ran to open the door. The moment I saw him I jumped into his open arms and hugged him tight. He was newly bathe and he smelled fresh and clean, especially of his shaving cream scent. He had his black tank top inside with a simple brown polo jacket on it. He was wearing a simple black jeans and his hair was gelled up in a simple fashion. Simple but hot enough for me. He nuzzled into my neck. I was glad I had bathe before he came. I giggled at the thought as he wrapped his arms around me even tighter.

Someone behind cleared their throat. Reluctantly I moved my face away from his chest to look at the intruder. It was my younger sister. She stood by the living room wall, her left arm on her waist.

I ignored her and pulled Eunhyuk up to my room, pushing past her. When we got into the room I slammed the door real loud and locked it. I turned around to look at Eunhyuk. He was curled up on my bed.

"You can study and I will study you."

I looked at him. He smiled and winked at me. I sighed. The books can always wait.

I leapt up on the bed and smacked him hard on the arm and lay next to him.

"Hey," he said poking me on the arm. "You need to study."

I shook my head violently and poured at him. He smiled and hugged me. He started twirling my hair around his fingers.

"You know," he said, pulling me closer to him. "The moment I saw you, my heart was... Stopped beating for a minute or something."

I laughed at him.

"That's not even scientifically possible."

"It did okay?!"

"Whatever."

"I love you," he whispered into my ears, tickling my ears and I laughed.

"Sorry I didn't hear that," I mused. Pretending to punch him on the chest.

"I said," he began. "I love you."

That's good enough for me. I closed my eyes and took a nap beside this man, safe and sound.