Chapter 60

What If
Chapter 60

Seonhee's POV

Eunhyuk had been inside my father's study room for awhile now. I pray my father wasn't giving him a full dressing down.

I sat down on the sofa in our living room, turning every once in awhile to look at the staircase to see if they would be coming down. But I see no blonde hair. Nor do I see shiny semi-bald head.

This is getting a little frustrating. I was afraid for Eunhyuk and I was afraid for me. I was afraid for us.

Even I, if I put myself in my parents shoes, if I see my daughter's boyfriend fall out of her wardrobe, I wouldn't be too lenient either.

I fidgeted in my seat and my fingers drummed against my shaking knees.

Then I heard footsteps coming down the staircase. Then I heard their voices. I stood up immediately and half-run towards them.

Eunhyuk was looking down on the floor, a very bothered look on his face.

"Think about it, Mr Lee."

"What was it about?" I whispered to him, as I tried to hold onto his arm. He only shook his head.

"Tell me," I hissed just as I felt a soft tapping on my shoulder. I turned around to look at my father. He gave me a very cold stern stare and I had no choice but to let go. I can always ask Eunhyuk later.

"We'll talk later," I whispered to him as I watched him exit our house without a second glance.

.

Donghae's POV

"So are we still meeting?"

It was already 6pm and I had been waiting for Eunhyuk for almost half an hour, outside Starbucks.

"Yeah I'm on my way," he muttered softly and then the line went dead.

What's up with this dude? Why is he being such an emo freak? I should be the one doing that because the girl I love is spending Valentines with some stupid jerk.

This is probably the second Valentine I'm spending with my own bestfriend instead of a proper girl. If this happens again next year, people are going to start talking about us being gays. Seriously. Even Leeteuk has a date today. Or so he says. He probably didn't want to be a part of the complicated "love" triangle of Eunhyuk and I.

Then I saw Eunhyuk entering the shopping centre as the glass doors slid open. He was wearing a grey jacket and a black jeans. And a very bothered look. As he passed the glass door, the air-condition above blew at his hair. He started walking towards me.

"You made me wait, you pay for my drinks," I said as I turned around to enter Starbucks and he followed me quietly. As we settled at a round table near a quiet cosy corner of the area, I quickly opened my mouth.

"Spill it bro," I started. "What happened?"

Eunhyuk looked down onto his lap, his hands clasped together, fingers twiddling around each other. His blonde hair slowly fell to conceal his face. I begin to grow concerned.

What is up really? Did Seonhee turn lesbian or something and cheated him with Sooyeon? What? What???

"Hey, hey," I said slowly, tapping his shoulder. "Tell me about it, I'm listening."

He looked up at me, his eyes red and wide.

"Seonhee and I," he blubbered, unable to get his tongue straight. "We're having lots of issues."

I nodded. This I know. Well, practically everyone. Seonhee and Eunhyuk were supposed to be the sweetest and most loving couple, up until recently. And everyone sure noticed the changes.

"I'm finding it hard to spend time with her just us alone because Sooyeon is always hanging around her. And were no longer understanding each other... No more give and take. And, and..."

I nodded. This guy, although he was always the tearful one among us (Leeteuk, him and I), I still can't get used to seeing him like this.

"I wanted to talk to her about our issues...seeing as her parents are out at work. But apparently her father had come home early and she was banned from inviting people over and, and," he sniffed. I took out a packet of tissue out of my bag and handed it to him. He took it, muttering a silent 'thanks' and blew his nose.

"She shoved me into her wardrobe and her father came into the room and the wardrobe shelf broke out and her father saw me...Donghae," he said, finally staring at me in the eye.

"He told me to stay away from her."

"He said it in a nice way, but, he said it anyway."

"What should I do now?"

"Donghae! Say something!"

I shook my head. Why would Seonhee's father make them break up? Did he not like Eunhyuk? What was wrong?

"Why did he say that?" I asked, tilting my head a little in curiousity.

"Her grades."

That. That was expected.

"Buy me my Cranberry Frappucino. We have a long night ahead of us."