Chapter 20

What If

Outside Criminal Law Classroom

Eunhyuk's POV

"Damn it. Donghae, what the heck are you doing?"

Donghae's face fell and he started fiddling with the key in his hands and stared at the floor. After Yoona left for her Fashion Design Class, I finally managed to corner Donghae, alone, after trying so hard to for the last three days since Monday. In fact, I hadn't been able to talk to him ever since the school started and we have seriously been missing a lot on each other.

 

Donghae remained silent. In my frustration, I cupped my face in my hands, trying to think of another way to approach him. He was clearly already badly affected with the way things are turning out for him, Yoomin and Yoona. I knew my bestfriend well enough to know that he was not in favour of what he was doing and simply did not know how to get out of the sticky mess he had inadvertently created. We hadn't been bestfriends for a good ten years for nothing.

 

I held his shoulders with my two hands and gave him a good shake. He looked up at me with that helpless ness evident in his face. I sighed and said, "Donghae, honestly. It's not my place to tell you who to date and who not to. You are my bestfriend but you are hurtting the bestfriend of the girl I love."

 

With that, I walked away, leaving him to think through about what I said. I knew from the start that the girl he really liked was Yoomin and I have the feeling that Yoomin does too. If not, why would she have cried that day?

 

I am pretty sure she has feelings for Donghae too, she's just afraid to show it. I walked back to class and sat next to Jiyoo. On the other table, Yoomin stared at the whiteboard, eyes watery, staring at nothing lifelessly. She had been silent the whole week, rarely talking. I dont know her well, but even I know that she was pretty much not herself lately.

 

Donghae finally came in and sat next to her. He looked at her for awhile, opening his mouth as if he was about to say something. But seeing that she never even spared him a glance, he turned his eyes to his book on Criminal Law.

I shook my head, and turned my attention to my own business. I whipped my phone out and began typing out a message.

 

In Fundamentals Of Pathology Class:

Seonhee's POV

I was flipping through my textbook, in search for that virus that had contaminated the food in Ethiopia in 1965, causing a severe shortage of food and a further increased the death rate of the country during that painful two years. I pushed my spectacles up the bridge of my nose as it slowly slid down.

I was seated on a laboratory stool at the Clinical Lab in the third level. The lab had a handful of students only, who were waiting for the teacher to appear and start lessons. I flipped my book to the nest page. Just then, my phone vibrated softly against my right leg in my pocket. I whipped out my phone and read the message.

"How are you babe? I spoke to Donghae earlier."

Just as I was about to type out my reply, a shadow loomed over me, blocking the light. I looked up to see Lee Sungmin standing infront of me. He sat down on the stool next to mine and turned to look at me. I found these actions rather strange coming from Mr Popular-dude as I don't ever remembered ever being close to him despite being in the same class for last year. 

"The last time I checked, Ryeowook occupied that seat."

I pointed at the seat where his resided. Ryeowook, Lee Sungmin's bestfriend, was my lab partner and I don't recall ever making a swap with anyone. Lee Sungmin simply stared at me, before he spoke.

"You're Yoomin's bestfriend right? What happened to her?" he asked, coughing to clear his throat. I turned my attention back to the book, this time flipping through the glossary in search of the virus. He, though, never budged and remained seated beside him.

"Why don't you," I pointed at him, frustration getting the better of myself. "Ask her yourself..."

I then turned my attention to my books. His mouth opened and closed, like a fish out of water, before remaining silent. He then moved to his own partner.. 

I kept my phone back into my pocket and decided to reply him later, as the lecturer, walked in and started  teaching us....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's another update from me!! I would like to thank my BFFs Jiyoo and Yoomin from constantly giving me ideas on my fanfic!! I love you guys~~

Thanks to all comments and subscribers!! YAY!!