Chapter 46

What If
Chapter 46

Siwon's POV

Things are really taking a turn for the worse. Yoomin and Seonhee are no longer in speaking terms because of something that happened last two weeks when I was away studying for a test. Eunhyuk and Donghae didn't really explained much, not fully getting the real picture while Yoomin and Jiyoo refused to say more than that they just had a misunderstanding. But misunderstandings don't last for two long weeks. Something was definitely up and having become not just a teacher to them (although Seonhee was never in my class), but also a friend and an older brother, I feel a sense of responsibility to at least help the two talk their problems out and patch up.

I heard a lot about the two of them from Jiyoo. Seonhee and Yoomin were childhood friends. I can't bear to see their friendship falling apart just like that. Moreover, Jiyoo had also been badly affected about what was happening between them. True, she had been a close friend of Yoomin first before being introduced to Seonhee, but she had also grown close to the other, and finds it difficult as to who she would accompany and so forth. It hurts me to see her in class, at the corridor and sometimes at the cafeteria, trying to be the stronger one for Yoomin, then breaking down later when we were alone together. She thinks she was perhaps in some way, had contributed to the problem.

I rolled over onto my side as I lay on my bed, reading a book Jiyoo had left at my place yesterday. It was called "Amazing Grace" and the title immediately caught my attention, and I had been reading it the whole afternoon today, not having much activities in my schedule.

Just then my phone buzzed.

"I'm on the way already. Just left Haagen Dazs," Jiyoo texted. As tests were nearing, I needed to give her extra lessons on not just Legal Comms subject but as well as her other Law relate subjects like Torts and Criminal Law.

I placed the book on the bed facing down, marking the page I was reading. I immediately stood up from my bed and walked over to my bookshelves, pulling out my law books and stacking them at one corner of my study table which Jiyoo and I always used when I teach her. I then walked out of my room to the kitchen, going straight for the refrigerator in search of something decent I could give her later for dinner.

I began humming an unknown music as I sifted through the various items in the fridge. Nothing nutritional to give her, I thought to myself. Deciding on what simple dish I could cook in just less than 30minutes.

I pulled out the beef out of the freezer and warmed it up in the microwave oven for a good three minutes.

In less than 45 minutes, the doorbell rang just as I placed the already cooked Teriyaki beef on a coaster on the table. Quickly, I lit the two candles on the table and pulled the apron off me.

I rushed to the door and opened it. Jiyoo was wearing a blue t-shirt and shorts and had her hair pulled back by a purple headband. She was carrying a brown converse bag and a bulberry wallet on her hand. She quickly slipped off her slippers and stepped inside.

"Your house," she began, eyes looking around the room. "Why is it so dark?"

I chuckled softly.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, ignoring her question and pulling her towards the dimly-lit kitchen which only depended on two scent candles.

"Hmm," she replied, inhaling deeply.  "I wasn't, but after inhaling that, I am now."

I pulled her to sit down on the chair. She looked at the dish infront of her and smiled hugely. She then winked at me and her lips.

I quickly took out two plates and two sets of cutleries for both of us and then sat down beside her.

I poked the beef with a fork an placed in front of . "Try it," I said, nodding my head.

"Hmm," she hummed. "It's good."

She then scooped a heap onto her plate and began eating it quietly.

I watched as she munched quietly on her food, touching none of what was on my plate. I felt a tugging pain in my heart. I know inside her she was hurting so badly and it hurts me to  know I couldn't do anything to make it go away.

She then paused mid-chewing the food in , before she bit her lower lip, and a tear slowly slid out of her eyes, unable to hold it back any longer. I could only watch as her smiles awhile ago turned into tears and uncontrollable shaking and sobbing.

It hurts her so badly yet she tried to appear strong, and I could only watch in the sideline unable to do something. I cannot blame her for feeling the way she did. Her two closest friends were no longer speaking to each other, she was caught in between. Just as helpless as I watch her cry, she felt helpless with the situation of her two friends, as much as she wanted to do something, she couldn't.

She was no longer eating her food, still full from the food she placed in earlier. I could only pull her close to me, to lean on me.

"I'm here for you," I whispered, rubbing her back in a circular motion before planting a kiss on her forehead.