Chapter 21

What If

Yoomin's POV

Two weeks. It has been two weeks since that Monday. I thought everything was fine between us. Then why did you go...go and...

I shook my head. Get a grip, I scolded myself. It has been two weeks. Stop...mo-mourning already!

Wait I'm not mourning! I'm just-just...

Mourning? Yes, then why lock yourself up in your room, spend your time in the carpark's garden instead of at lunch with your friends? Why do all those?

I don't know okay! I thought to myself.

Then I realized some people in the bus were giving me strange looks. I did not happen to be saying things aloud, didn't I?

Donghae's POV

"Hey meet you at the gate later k? -Yoona <3"

It has been two weeks. Two weeks since that Monday.

I looked at my handphone. Without replying, I threw my phone back into my bag and got ready to drop leave for school.

I locked the door behind me and walked towards the nearest bus stop to wait for bus 13.

I don't know what I was thinking when I made that decision. It was such a rash decision and I really don't like the way things are turning out now. Sure I wanted to try and forget Min by trying to make myself fall in love with Yoona. But it only made it worse. I felt even more disgusted with myself and horrible for using my friend, Yoona, that way. And for hurting Yoomin.

Bus 13 then pulls up infront of the bus stop. I boarded it.

"I don't know okay!"

I can recognize that voice anywhere. I looked to my left and I spotted Min sitting at one of the seats. She was looking down on her lap, probably blushing furiously at her sudden outburst.

I don't know okay? What does that supposed to mean?

As the bus soon pulled up at our school, she quickly alighted while I quickly followed behind her. Pushing through the other standing passengers to get myself through the door before the bus drives off.

I don't know why but I just have to talk to her.

She was walking a little ahead of me so I ran up to her to close the distance between us two.

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards me. I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug, missing everything about her. The way her skin tenses up at my touch, the way her black hair smelled of fruits, the way her voice sounds. The way her heartbeats against me when I hug her tight like this.

She didn't hug me back. She didn't fight back either. That's good enough for me. I didn't know how much I had until I went ahead and lose them. Now that I've experienced this, it hurts more to let go.

"I can't live without you..." I whispered into her ear, burying my face in the nook of her neck. I just can't.

She then started struggling, pulling herself away from me. I refused to let her go, causing her to squirm and pushed me away.

Min please just a moment, I thought.

Then someone, definitely not Min, shoved me, pulling Min away from me.

"You study Law and yet you do not know that she can sue you for ual harassment?"