Chapter 57

What If
Chapter 57

Jiyoo's POV

The evil witch, I mean, Siwon's Mother, sat across me on the sofa, watching my every move with her x-ray like eyes. She scrutinized me, practically dissecting my whole being right in front of me. I felt like a cat being kicked to a corner, unable to hide.  I fidgeted a little as I sat beside Siwon, who was bending down, hands clamped together like as if in prayer, elbows leaning on his knees. He watched the silent exchange between his mother and I, but more from his mother. I fisted the edge of Siwon's long-sleeved polo and somehow I had wished I hadn't worn this and made do with the  shirts and huge shorts he had. I looked down on my lap, unable to take the look his mother was giving me.

Was it of disgust? Hatred? Disappointment? I have no idea. All I know is that all those looks could be right, but one thing is for sure, it wasn't of approval.

I let my semi-wet hair fall like a curtain to hide my face. I don't want her to see me.

Siwon cleared his throat, before reaching out to hold my hand. Just as his mother spoke.

"Who is she?" she asked, her voice like cold ice, like knives that stabbed my whole being through and through.

Instead of answering his mother, Siwon turned to me and said, "Didn't you say you need to go meet your parents out for dinner?"

I looked up at him in confusion. Since when did I say I was going out with my parents for dinner? My parents are not even in the country?!?!

He gave me a very knowing look and squinted, like as if trying to tell me something.

"Go and change. You'll be late."

His mother kept quiet and merely raised her eyebrow questioningly at me, as I stood up slowly holding onto Siwon's hand.

"Go on," he urged me, pulling his hand back and giving me a small push.

I bowed at his mother before shuffling towards his room to change.

When I was done, I opened the door slowly, making as little noise as possible and went into the living room, carrying my handbag.

I murmured a silent goodbye and bowed as I walked towards the door. His mother continued staring sternly at him, ignoring me. Siwon merely nodded at me as I opened the door and walked out of Siwon's apartment.

.

Seonhee's POV

SooYeon just left my house. It was only 3pm.

Seonmi will be arriving from school anytime soon and as much as I'm rebelling, I'm not going to risk get caught by any of my family members bringing a friend over when I was so clearly forbidden to.

I walked towards the kitchen and opened the refrigerator in search of something I could eat for lunch. There weren't any "food", except for apples, papayas, cauliflowers and some green vegetables. Those weren't food either, they ought to be called "rabbit food".

Just as I was pulling out a red apple to munch on, the doorbell rang.

"Seonmi aish!"

That girl must have forgotten to bring her keys again.

"Coming!" I shouted as I kicked the fridge door close, holding a bitten apple on my right hand and wiping my mouth with my left.

I ran to the living room and then up to the door and pulled it open.

I almost choked on the apple I was chewing.

He's here.

Blonde hair, white skin, grey jacket in black jeans. And a smile. A very sheepish smile.

"Hey," he said.

An apple dropped on the living room floor.

I coughed and coughed my lungs out, apple unable to go up or to go down, stubbornly remaining stuck in my throat.

Worried face and a frown, he approached me, holding me up by my arm, patting my back to help the apple out.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

Cough. Cough.

"Take a seat first," he said.

Cough. Cough.

"I'll get you some water," he said, walking over to the kitchen.

The apple went down. Finally.

I'm still in my night dress. I ran up to my room and pulled open my wardrobe.

"I have no clothes!"

And my wardrobe was full.

"Seonhee?"

He stepped in, his eyes on me in wonder, curious as to what I was doing.

I flopped down onto the edge of my bed.

How could he come over to my house like as if we didn't just had another almost argument last night? How could he still be so nice to me when I had been very mean to him all this while?

"What's wrong babe?"

I felt the space beside me sink as he took a seat on the edge of my bed as well.

Everything is wrong, Eunhyuk. Everything.

"You're not supposed to be nice to me," I mumbled, as he pulled me into his chest, his chin leaning on top of my head. I wrapped my arm around his waist tight, missing the feel of his warm body against mine.

"And why is that?" he asked, tilting my head to look at him. He smiled as he gazed into my eyes.

"I was bad. I didn't listen to you," I pouted, and looked away from him to his lap.

He chuckled softly, hugging me even more tightly.

"It doesn't change anything," he said. "I will still love you."

We stayed like that, hugging and laughing, for awhile. I missed moments of us like this, just cuddling, just together, just us.

"Happy Valentine's," he murmured, pulling something out of his pocket.

But before he could even say another word, I heard the crunching of the gravel at the driveway as a car entered.

My dad!!

"Wow he's early today," Eunhyuk said, standing up as he pushed the object he was about to take out, back into his pocket.

Why is he home today? He wasn't supposed to be home, not until 7pm. It's  barely even 4pm!

<"Hide," I said, brain whirring. My eyes darted around my room, for a place for Eunhyuk to hide.

"Why?"

"I said hide! You're not supposed to be here!"

"Why is that so?"

Heavy footsteps up the staircase. Then it hit me, he could fit into the wardrobe nicely.

"Just hide!" I hissed as I pushed him into my wardrobe. He sat on the top shelf of my wardrobe. His head hitting all the hangers and clothes inside.

"What's going on?"

Heavy footsteps outside my room.

"I'll tell you later!" I whispered.

Loud rapping on the door.

"Seonhee?" came my father's voice.

I pushed Eunhyuk's head inside the wardrobe and closed the door and quickly dove into my bed.

The door opened with a creak.

Should I pretend to be asleep or should I just be "resting"?

Before I could even think, my eyes already shut themselves closed.

I tried not to let my eyelashes move, as I sense someone blocking the light above.

"You're asleep?" he asked.

I pinched the end of my night dress behind me.

Just go away please.

"Alright, asleep then," he said. He walked towards the door.

But just as he was about to step out of my room, a loud creak came from my wardrobe.

Oh no...not my ward-

With a creak, and snap, Eunhyuk came tumbling out of my wardrobe.

My eyes flew open and I immediately sat up in my bed. There he was, on the floor. There my father was, at the door, hands gripping the door knob, knuckles white.

My father looked at me, to Eunhyuk and then back to me.

Eunhyuk smiled sheepishly at my father, as he stood up to dust away the broken wooden dust on his front.

"Good afternoon, sir," he said, extending a hand at my very horrified father.

My father stared at the hand extended towards him, and then back to me.

This is so not happening.

I broke the rules.

Eunhyuk broke my wardrobe.

If it was English-y possible to say, my parents are going to 'break' my life into saw dust just like those that were stuck on Eunhyuk's pants.