Chapter 40

What If
Chapter 40

Donghae's POV

HE FREAKING KISSED HER!

I was about to stand up already to shove SungMin's face back up his , when Siwon hyung held my arm tightly, preventing me from standing up. I tried to pry away his tight grip but I couldn't. He eyed me telling me not to make a rash move that I would regret.

Darn it! Lee Sungmin you freaking kissed my girl!

I felt my blood boiling, face red with restrained anger.

"Calm down," Siwon spoke, patting my back gently. "It won't do you any good."

"You told me to make a move," I replied pointedly, feeling annoyed and not the least bit relaxed.

"Make a move, yes. On her. Not on him!"

I pursed my lips, trying to control the urge to scream and wipe that smile off Jerk-Sungmin's face.

I watched Yoomin's reaction to what happened. Not everyone noticed that fraction of a second that their lips had touched, except for me and of course them. Her face was red, and she was constantly looking down on her lap, not daring to look up. Gingerly, she tucked a lose strand of hair behind her ear, just as she looked up directly infront of her. Our eyes met for a second before she blinked and turned away. I too, averted my gaze. Looking at her like that, I felt a tugging feeling in my chest, and no matter how much I tried to breathe in and out, the uneasy feeling doesn't go away.

Donghae, keep calm, I told myself.

"My turn to spin!" jerk-Sungmin said, lurching forward to grab the bottle. The bottle which happened to be very near to me. As he bent down to take it, he stared intently at me. I stared back.

You think I'm deterred by you?

We'll see.

Jerk-Sungmin spun the bottle, and slowly, just slowly, it stopped at Leeteuk.

"Truth or Dare!" everyone chorused, even including me. I'm not going to let that one thing affect me, I'm going to enjoy now and appear non-chalant. I can be pissed and annoyed later. It's Yoomin's day today, I can't bear to put her through such a thing. So Donghae, man up!

"Truth," Leeteuk replied, smiling a little, reaching out to grab the bottle off the floor and spinning it around his fingers.

Jerk-Sungmin then scratched his head, not knowing what question to ask. Jiyoo then piped up and squealed, "Do you have a girl in mind now?"

"YAHHH! Leeteuk answer that!"

"OMG yeah, do you?"

"Leeteuk-ah!"

Leeteuk did not reply, controlling a grin forming on his face, merely looking down on his lap, as we watched his face turn from pink to bright red. Even his ears were a bright red. The whole room erupted in fits of laughter, cheers and catcalls.

"His red ears spoke! It's a yes!"

"Leeteuk why you never tell us!"

"Answer it verbally!"

"YAHHH!"

"You never asked in the first place," Leeteuk pointed out, finally looking up from his lap to glare at Eunhyuk.

"I swear, that tongue of yours can get you everywhere in Law," Siwon hyung told Leeteuk, smilingly, then joined the rest, laughing aloud.

Leeteuk continued to stare at Siwon hyung, almost like a glare, then averted his gaze when he noticed me looking at him curiously.

Is it me or do I feel animosity there?

Yoomin's POV

I watched as Leeteuk's face turn from pink to bright red. Even his ears were a bright red. The whole room erupted in fits of laughter, cheers and catcalls.

"His red ears spoke! It's a yes!" Seonhee squealed, clapping her hands like an idiotic seal. Seriously.

"Leeteuk why you never tell us!" Eunhyuk smiled broadly, clapping him on the back.

"Answer it verbally!" Varsha said, wanting to hear it confirmed with his own mouth.

"YAHHH!" Jiyoo gushed, smiling from ear to ear, clearly enjoying teasing him.

 

Hmm, so that means Leeteuk had a girl in mind?

As everyone else started joining in some joke Eunhyuk cracked, saying, "I have a pick-up line!! Can you be my algebra? Seonhee say why!"

"Why?" Seonhee laughed, eyes glistening.

"Can you replace my X without asking Y?"

Everyone burst out laughing, with Sungmin rubbing his arm, feeling goosebumps on his arms. Cheesy much really Eunhyuk.

Seonhee then smacked Eunhyuk on the arm harmlessly, and was about to hit again, when Eunhyuk held her hand preventing her from hitting him. Instead he pulled her close to him in an embrace.

"Get a room, you two," Jiyoo shouted laughing at the same time.

While Leeteuk on the other hand merely smiled. I saw his eyes fleet a second to Jiyoo before he pursed his lips to control a grin that threatened to escape his mouth. He did that a couple of times, then quickly averting his gaze to his lap, just as I heard Seonhee's "smart" reply, "O I Z..."

Could it be?

Omg... Leeteuk? The girl you like is... Jiyoo?

Gosh, this just gets interesting.