Chapter 42

What If
Chapter 42

Donghae's POV

Finally mustered the courage to give her my birthday gift. I was initially so hesitant to give it to her, afraid that she wouldn't like it. I didn't want to give it to her infront of everyone because I wanted it to be just me who will watch her open the long thin box. I wanted it to be just me who will see her expression the moment she laid her eyes on my gift. I wanted that moment to be for just us two. I wanted it to be magical, a secret moment that only we share.

So now, I'm walking side by side with her along the huge elliptical swimming pool, hands dug deep into my jeans' front pocket. I watch as her hands sway as she walk beside me, the bracelet clasped around her right wrist. It looked beautiful when I saw it at the shop. But it looked even more amazing when she wears it.

She chuckled softly and looked sideways at me before turning away when I caught her gaze. She pursed her lips as if to stop herself from smiling too much. Absent-mindedly, I reached out to pinch her cheeks causing her to smack my hands painfully before she pouted at me.

"Don't do that," I laughed. "If not I would have to pinch you again."

In fact, I would probably do more than just pinch your cheeks. I might absent-mindedly even pull you close to me and kiss your lips. Please help me out here and don't make me. I might just lose all sense and control, especially watching you admiring the bracelet on your hand. The bracelet that marks you mine.

I bit my lips to suppress a laugh with all this things going inside my head, causing her to look at me, eyebrows raised.

I tried to straighten my face and stop laughing and decided it's best I don't look at her just yet.

We continued walking along the sides of the swimming pool, dangerously close to the water as a cool breeze blew.

"So how's Yoona?"

I whipped my head to look at her, searching her eyes for the reason behind that sudden question.

"Why bring her up?" I asked, my voice strained. Please babe, let's not spoil this moment for us.

"I don't know. Just curious."

I looked away from her. Yoona is past. I won't let her come back to the present or the future. I don't have space for her.

"She's past. I don't even know why I was stupid to do what I did. I don't know why I was so stupid to let her be part of my history when all I very clearly need is a future with y-"

Suddenly I was being pulled down and the next thing I know, I was plunged into an ice cold water. Apparently, as I was speaking, Yoomin slipped and fell straight into the pool. And in her attempt to prevent herself from falling, she grabbed my arm. But instead of preventing her fall, it just caused us both to fall in.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry," she apologized, while trying to wipe away water that splashed onto her face when I fell after her.

The water reached around my chest level, soon making it easier for me to regain my balance. But the water was threateningly cold and I could feel my cheeks freezing up as the wind blew. It felt like as if my whole bodies were being peppered with small bites. It was painful, causing me to shiver against the cool breeze.

The water however, could reach Yoomin's nose, turning her head up so that the water would only reach her chin. She held onto my tightly like as if she was afraid to drown. She held onto my shoulders with vice-like grip, never letting go.

I started to laugh at the situation we were in. Here we were, talking about something serious and then suddenly we were freezing, soaking and drowning in a pool. I slid my arm behind her, pulling her close to me.

I will be here for you. I won't let go.

I wish it was so easy to say it out. How hard can it be to just say those words?

She then started to laugh as well, but her grip never weaken.

"I can't believe what had just happened," she spoke, shaking her head, incredulous.

"Yeah, we were talking so seriously and then you had to fall into the pool and drag me along," I said, poking her cheeks with my free hand.

"YAHHH!" Jiyoo came stomping in, frowning at us in the pool.

"What are you two doing in the pool?" Jiyoo asked, shouting.

Then Seonhee and Eunhyuk, came as well, pausing for awhile to analyze what's happening. Perhaps the reason behind why we were in the pool.

"If you guys want to ehem," Eunhyuk said, clearing his throat. "Not at the public pool, please. There are children watching," he continued, pointing at the two girls from the children's pool, who were also watching the scene.

"LEE EUNHYUK!"

Thank you very much Jiyoo for smacking the very much erted and idiotic monkey back into the house.

I felt Yoomin's grip on me loosen as Seonhee came forward, offering her hand to support her. Reaching out, Yoomin gripped Seonhee's hand and got up the pool, with me gently holding onto her hips to help her up. After managing to get up, she turned around and offered me her hand to help me up.

"No thanks," I said. "I might just pull you back in."

"Whatever suits you," she replied, chuckling. She walked off to catch up with Seonhee who had already started walking back into the house.

.

.

Jiyoo's POV

"Okay," I began, clapping my hands to get everyone's attention. Everyone turned their heads around to face me.

"There are only two bedrooms in this house. And since we have only two gender, we are going to group according to that. Unless you are gay of course."

Eunhyuk was about to raise his hands and I immediately cut him off.

"No, Eunhyuk. You and Seonhee are not going to sleep in the living room."

"Lee Jiyoo! YAHHH!" Seonhee shouted, throwing a pillow at me, which I expertly guarded with my arm.

"That's not even what I was going to ask!"

"Knowing you, that was one question hovering on your head right?"

"I-I...no, that's not true!"

"Tell me how you made it in Law and Management," I replied.

"Because I was made for it," he snapped back, sticking his tongue out at me.

Seriously, he can't think of any better comeback, can he?

"So, Yoomin, Seonhee, Varsha and I will be sharing a room. And Leeteuk, Donghae and Eunhyuk in another room."

"Everyone okay with that?"

They muttered a very tired 'yes' and nodded. Satisfied, I proceeded to walk up the stairs, carrying my backpack.

"Don't worry, we can sneak out once the dragon falls asleep," I heard Eunhyuk whispered at Seonhee, who giggled and laughed.

I smacked Eunhyuk on the head real hard.

 

"Don't even think about it."

******************************************************************

THANKS SO MUCH TO ALL READERS!!:):) I'm sorry I had not posted yesterday...I was so tired from work the previous day that I couldn't get myself to write a chap. but here is one for you my dearests!!

THE FANBASE I CREATED @SJStans finally reached 1000+ followers!! Baksu!!:):) ^0^ And I have taken over my prev fanbase username~~^^ @shfly3428 !!:):) I give updates and I announce my fics there:)~~^^