Chapter 36

What If

Chapter 36

Seonhee's POV

"So can you or can you not make it?" I asked, holding the phone close to my ear and cupping the phone with my other hand. As Yoomin had just arrived with Leeteuk who went to fetch her, the party had began. The whole chalet was a mess and a real noise pollution. I squeezed myself through the familiar people from the living room to the backyard nearest to the pool.

"Yes, yes, I can. I called to tell you. I will be there in ten," the other line replied, the voice still a tad too soft for me to hear but hear-able anyway.

"Okay, okay, I will see you," I replied, half-shouting into the receiver and then hanged up.

"Hey babe," An arm slid to wrap around me, he rested his chin on my left shoulder and started to sway us both to an unheard music. "Who was that on the phone?"

I let him swayed me along as he began to hum a soft tune. I closed my eyes, letting myself sink into our song, leaning backwards on his shoulder.

"Who was it hmm?"

I ignored him for awhile, humming slowly along with him. We haven't had a single moment today, without being interrupted by Jiyoo. She was always on us. Which I find really funny.

"You ignored me again," he said, turning me around in his arms to face him.

"Sungmin. It's Sungmin," I replied laughing at his persistency. Slowly he pulled me closer to him again, swaying us both one more time as we watched the ripples form on the swimming pool that glittered against the dim lights underwater and the moonlight.

I felt comfortable, safe and contented within his arms, in his tight embrace.

"So is he coming?"

I nodded, just as a cool breeze blew past us. I moved closer to him.

"So you prefer Sungmin then."

He said it with much obvious annoyance, stating it more than asking.

"I don't have preference. I just feel it only fair for him to know about the party. He's her friend after all."

This time he nodded and humming slowly. He then gripped my hand and whispered to me, "Let's go?"

I nodded and soon we were squeezing past people in the hallway, just as we met Donghae and Sungmin, having a stare-down near the barbecue pit.

"Sungmin!" I called, before this spark turn into a full-blown fire. I detached myself from Eunhyuk and pulled Sungmin far away from Donghae, who was staring at him like as if he wanted to break his jaw apart. Sungmin who's face was cool, showing no anger but yet so obviously in the mood to beat someone up senseless.

Eunhyuk immediately went to Donghae's side, tugging at his arm, to prevent him from making a move or even to think of moving.

"Stop it you two!" I said, my voice loud enough for just the four of us to hear. "You came here for Yoomin, not to fight each other. If you want to fight, do it some other time."

Donghae tugged his arm away from Eunhyuk and turned away, walking into the hallway, without a second glance.

.                                                  

Jiyoo's POV

"Siwon ah? Oh you're here? Okay sure I'll go out and meet you near the carpark."

I hanged up and soon I was slipping past through the crowd, bumping against some faceless people we have invited for Yoomin's party. Once I managed to get past through that obstacle, I ran to the carpark. I didn't want to keep him waiting for too long.

 

As soon as I reached the carpark, I spotted him immediately. He was leaning against his black car. He was wearing a casual pants with a simple t-shirt and had a grey beanie on his head. A style of his that I have not seen before. This was new. He looked almost...eighteen.

I walked towards him, the only sound coming from the gravel I stepped on. When he heard me coming, he turned, catching my eyes he smiled at me. He walked towards me, closing in the seemingly milestone distance between us.

"Hey,"he said, his warm breath on my face, as he pulled me slowly into an embrace. He hugged me tightly, giving my forehead a slight peck. When he pulled away, he smiled and said, "Do I pass off as a teenager?"

I nodded and smacked him on the shoulder harmlessly, complaining why he had not let me see him in this outfit before. He gripped my hand with such strength to stop me from hitting him and replied, "Because with you I want to be a man."