The Movie

What If

I cannot believe my luck. Wait, my luck? Yoomin-a, what are you thinking about?

Of all the hundred or so seats in this movie, I happen to take the one ticket beside him. Breathe in, breathe out. Should I say hi? Or should I pretend that I didn't know him? Okay, drama, I thought to myself confidently.

"Sorry," I murmured, trying to avoid glancing at him. "I happen to be --"

"Hey Min!" he exclaimed. Even in the dark, I could see his face lit up. He stood up to let me take the seat inside. I thanked him but as I sat down, I tried to avoid his eyes. I cannot trust myself to look at him because I don't think I can ever look away. However, his voice lead me away from my resolve.

"Hey Min, how's the nachos?" he asked, giving me a toothed-grin. His hair once again fell to conceal the twinkle in his eyes.

He gave me a nickname. He gave me a nickname. I mean its not exactly a nickname... But it doesnt matter. I could not believe what I heard. I stared at him. He had a crooked smile on his face. It took me such great pains to hold myself back from pushing the hair away from his face. As I was about to raise my arm to touch his face, someone spoke.

"Hae?"

A girl from the front spoke.

He turned away from me to look at her to give her a reassuring smile. He then placed his hand on the head rest of her seat. The girl then turned to me, giving me a quizzical look.

He shook his head, signaling her to turn her attention back to the screen.

"Are you sure?" she asked, looking back from him to me.

"If there's anything," she paused before reaching out to touch his hands.

After giving me a long stare again, her eyes void of any friendliness, she turned back to the movie as the song of "My Heart Will Go On" hummed in the background.

He turned to look at me with the same toothed grin, his eyes full of excitement. His hair fell once again to cover his eyes. But this time I wasn't confident to reach out to push that hair away.

Slowly and painfully, I turned away from him and directed my attention to the screen as the character, Rose, appeared, admiring the majestic ship. He, however, continued staring at me.

"Errr..." I started. "Wouldn't you want to watch the movie?"

I pointed to the screen. He smiled, this time very shyly. He looked down on his lap smiling and then started laughing quietly.

"What?" I asked quietly. He then looked at me through his lashes with his hair partially shielding him from view. He smiled.

My heart began pounding within me, screaming to get out of me. I swallowed several times, my eyes not leaving his. I could feel my hand sweating, and the temperature have seemed to have shot up a notch.

His stare became more intense. As much as I would like to look away from those brown eyes, I couldn't break away from this connection between us.

He moved slowly on his seat, moving slowly closer to me. I swallowed, feeling my mouth running dry. As he moved closer, his face just inches away from me, I blinked. His gaze never left my eyes.

Slowly, he whispered in my ears. "I was watching the movie all along."

His breathe tickled my ears.

"I--I..." I stuttered. I tried racking my brain for something to say but it was completely empty. I bit my lip in silent frustration.

"Shhh.." he said and placed a finger on my delicate lips. I heard myself gasp. The same finger made it's way to my left cheek, caressing my face. I felt my face tingle with electricity wherever his fingers touched. He took a lock of my hair and twirled it around his finger and smiled ruefully. Once again, I swallowed. "Yoomin!" silently scolding myself, I closed my eyes tight, willing myself to get out of the difficult position I was in.

"I..." I began.

"Hmm..." he replied, breathing into my face gently. I could smell the sweet scent of chocolate from his breathe.

"The...m-mm-movie?" I stuttered, blinking furiously. He smiled once again, softer this time. His finger unrolled my twirled hair and he retreated from me.

I was still frozen on my seat, my body facing him. He sat back in his seat, glancing at me every second. I composed myself and decided to turn to look at the screen. Yes Yoomin, I thought. Focus on the movie.

However, no matter how hard I focused on the movie, I could not stop myself from stealing glances at him. He was watching the movie with great intent, his hands occasionally moving to cover his mouth. When he saw me looking at him, his hands dropped and he gave me a sweet soft smile. Flustered, I, of course, forcefully turned my head away from him and tried to watch the movie. I paid 35 dollars for this after all.

For the rest of the movie, I could not concentrate on anything. All I could remember was his chocolate brown eyes on me, his sweet breathe lingering on my face and his electrifying touch on my cheeks. The nachos left untouched.

As the last parts of the movie showed and as the scene closed while the credits rolled up, the cinema lights . I had to shield my eyes from the sudden brightness. I squinted at him as he tried taking of his jacket.

"Hae..."

That voice again.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT PART 2? HAHA ^^ I AM REALLY HOPING THAT YOU GUYS WOULD COMMENT^^ I'LL TRY TO UPDATE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... CHAPTER 3 IS ACTUALLY ON THE WAY. I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY!!

 

I'D REALLY LOVE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENTS AND PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!! YOU'RE THE ONLY MOTIVATION I HAVE^^

 

unbearablecuteness-sungmin.gif