Chapter 56

What If
Chapter 56

Jiyoo's POV

"Who are you?" she asked as she stood by the door, her hand on her hip.

"Who are YOU?" I asked back, annoyed that she dare question who I am. Who is she anyway?

She looked like she was choking in utter shock before she gave me a piercing stare. I had not moved from my position by the door, guarding with my hand leaning by the doorway. Just then, Siwon entered the living room and apparently saw the lady.

"Mom!" he spoke, his voice surprised.

 

My arm dropped to my side. My head turned to look at him. My eyes wide in shock. And fear.

"Mom?" I said, voice wavering at the sight of the iron lady who stood by the door.

"Does that answer your question?" she said more of a statement than a question. Very much rhetorical.

She pushed past me and closed the door and mentally face-palmed myself before turning back to face the epitome of a dragon in the living room.

What kind of have I gotten myself into?

And today is supposed to be Valentine's day. Ruined, ruined, ruined.

.

Yoomin's POV

I woke up, twisting my neck from left to right, attempting to ease the knots that had formed on my shoulders and neck from sleeping on the sofa.

I sat up on the sofa, the blanket that had covered me slipping down from my chest down to my lap. I didn't remember having a blanket last night.

I looked across the room onto the lump that was on the queen-size bed. He was still asleep. I'm fortunate enough that he wasn't some hormone-raging guy, or else, I wouldn't survive this Japan trip here.

I got up, standing in my toes, my night dress falling to my knees. I stretched a little before I tiptoed towards my opened luggage and pulled out a grey long-sleeve, jeans, a set of clean undergarments and my toiletries and proceeded towards the toilet before Sungmin gets up.

As I slipped off my clothings, I felt the chill creep up my spine causing me to shiver a little. I took off the fluffy hotel slippers and stepped on the cold floor of the shower (there wasn't a bathtub). After pulling the shower curtain closed, I turned the tap on to hot and felt the hot water pelting my skin before slipping down onto the white tiles of the floor.

I scrubbed my skin until it was pink and washed my hair until I was convinced it smelled good enough.

Just then, I heard the door of the toilet opened.

I screamed almost immediately, piercing through the mirrors in the toilet.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," he said, stepping out of the toilet. "I forgot."

"Out please," I said, hand hovering on my towel. Just in case...

When he was gone, I quickly finished my ministrations and dried myself with the towel and changed into my clothes.

When I stepped out, Sungmin was already seated on the edge of the bed, that was still in a mess. When he saw me, he quickly averted his gaze back onto the television that was switched on at a football channel.

"You're done?" he asked, not quite meeting my eyes.

I nodded and tiptoed across the room, past infront of the television to my opened luggage.

"I'll use the toilet," he said then entered the toilet with just a towel.

Use the toilet for? Well it wasn't my problem.

As I packed up my belongings to prepare for our agenda today, the bathroom door opened.

And Sungmin walked out, cludded in nothing but just a towel around his waist. 

And that was not the only bad thing, no, that wasn't bad at all. It wouldn't have been bad at all, If I could only make myself look away, because my eyes were no longer on the opened luggage in front of me, but on the curve of his hard chest and his well-defined abs, watching as droplets of water from his hair then slid from his shoulder down to his front.

I swallowed and gulped, mouth dry.

YAHHH! Yoomin look away!

"Hey," he said as he walked towards me to his own luggage. Quickly, I turned my attention to my bag and started rummaging through my things for...for, emm, something...

"Were you staring at me?" he asked, closing the distance between us, one step at a time.

"Ah, no...I-I wasn't," I stammered, shaking my head profusely, unable to look at him.

"Really?" he challenged. One step.

"Wah-why would I?" I asked, turning away from me.

"Hmm, because of this?" he said, pointing at his upper torso. One more step. He was now standing in front of me.

With one lift of my chin, I dashed off my seat and jumped onto the messy bed.

"Oh so that's where you want to play?" he teased, hand hovering on the opening of the towel wrapped around his waist. "My valentines?"

"YAHHH!" I shouted and threw a pillow at him.

Pretty much a bad idea though, because it hit his arm causing his hand to pull at the towel.

Before my eyes could see anything I dove deep into the bed and hide.

Thank goodness for my agility.

.

Seonhee's POV

"So you're banned from going out now?" Sooyeon asked, continuing the long essay she was doing.

We were lounging at my living room's white sofa, finishing up our projects while munching on potato chips, and other junks I managed to sneak into the house. 'Non-food', as my mother would call it, were not allowed to be consumed and were not allowed to enter the house, in any form.

I was breaking rules after rules today. And one incredible thing was, I no longer care. You could say I was getting a kick out of disobeying my parents, because honestly, I was. Ever since I was young, I had spent my time pleasing my parents in every way I could, just doing whatever it was they wanted me to do. I joined the Science club brainiacs, studying how a simple cell starts to differentiate into respective functions to support survival of the living thing it makes up instead of that modern dance club I had been dying to be part of.

"What good will that teach you?" my mother snapped as she stared at me, her brown eyes watched me coldly. "Nothing Seonhee. Nothing."

After grounding me from going out, meeting up with friends (like as if I still had lots of friends left) until I can pull my grades up to their satisfaction, my inner rebel has taken over.

They left house at 8am in the morning to go for their work (Dad is a professor at the Law Faculty in one of the prestigious universities in town while Mom is a professor at the Medicine Faculty in that same University). My sister, Seonmi, left at about 7am to go to school so I was left at home alone to manage my own time. At 10am when I woke up, there was already 10 voice mails on my handphone from my mother demanding where I had gone to because I wasn't picking up the house phone either (mind you, I'm usually up and about by 8.30am). I immediately switched off my phone and blasted my favorite song by this Korean boy group, Super Junior (well for one thing, their lead dancer looks a lot like Eunhyuk), and started dancing around in my own living room. Then I called Sooyeon over.

Yes, I wasn't allowed out to meet my friends but they never said I couldn't invite my friends for them to meet me, right? And well I haven't gone out, so I was definitely breaking no rules if I play by technicalities. Then I asked her to buy lots of "non-food" and made her bring it over.

I was contemplating whether I should call Eunhyuk over too, but decided against it. After what I did to him just a few days ago, I don't think I was that ready to face him just yet.

"Yeah, pretty much," I said, flipping through pages of Advance Biology non-chalantly. "But when they're hardly at home, who is to know I'm not either?"

 

"Em," she started. "They can call the telephone?"

"I can divert the calls to my handphone," I answered, plans already settling in my head.

"Cool?" she said, nodding and raising an eyebrow before turning back to her essay.

"Very," I said, flipping through page of my book again.

It's Valentines and what am I doing here at home? Oh wells.

 

********************************************

I deeply apologize for updating so late guys...>.< I'm pretty tired and worked up over my job right now and I haven't had much rest for the past few days... I hope this chapter was better...^^ enjoy guys and loveeeeeeeee you all!!