Chapter 44

What If
Chapter 44

Seonhee's POV

How dare she? How dare she say it infront of all of them? How could you Yoomin? If you knew, you could have just kept it quiet for me. Was it that hard to do? Did you really have to make things hard for me?

Tears flowed out of my eyes, no longer able to hold it back. I brisked walk to...somewhere, keeping my head down, not wanting anyone to see me cry.

How could you be so unfeeling? Embarrassing me infront of everyone? How-how could you?? No one was supposed to know. No one was supposed to find out. What kind of friend are you?

So what if I had failed a test? Am I not entitled to fail at least once in my whole life? It's not like as if I had already failed all my subjects. It's just one test, and a stupid test at that.

She needs to clear her thoughts and make sense of where her boundary lies. She had better not mention it to my parents or else...

"Seonhee ah!"

I heard Eunhyuk calling my name from behind, running closely behind me. I ignored him and continued walking quickly away. As I rounded a corner, I struggled to push past the crowd that moved against me.

"Seonhee ah!"

He called again, but this time his voice was farther away. I don't turn back.

My fringe hang infront of my face, shielding me from the public's eye. My vision was swimming and I could hardly see where I was heading to.

As I rounded a corner, I banged onto someone. All my textbooks fell on a heap on the floor, some of the pages tore out and flew out even across the other side of the corridor.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized, very much flustered. Afraid that someone, ANYONE, would see me tearing.

"Seonhee," the voice spoke. "Are you okay?"

I looked up to see the person who had spoken.

"Sooyeon?"

.

.

Eunhyuk's POV

"Seonhee ah!" I called, trying to push past all the crowd that was moving against me. She was moving farther and farther away from me, and soon I lost sight of her as the whole crowd swallowed her.

"Excuse me," I apologized, trying to squeeze through the crowd to get to her. I slipped through a couple who was holding hands, causing them to break their hold on each other. But as the crowd parted, leaving me in the center, Seonhee, was no where to be found.

Seonhee, where are you?

I whipped out my handphone, and pressed the "1" button and called. It rang for eleven times.

"Seonhee is not available. Please leave a message after the-"

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and looked up, hoping that I could somehow spot brown curls amongst the bobbing head of other students in the corridor.

Maybe she needs more time, I assured myself. It's not that she doesn't want your company. I'm sure she'll tell me what happened later.

I sighed heavily and turned around, deciding on whether I should go back to the cafeteria, which was sure to be filled with awkwardness, with what had just happened. I decided against it and decided to join Donghae at iLaw, to have a quiet space to study before our Torts exam later.

But I can't help but wonder, why didn't Seonhee mention to me about that test paper? How come even Jiyoo and Yoomin didn't know about it? Seonhee, is...there anything happening that you're not telling me?

I walked up the flight of steps towards iLaw, to have some quiet time to study. I think I need to give her some space for a bit.