Explain

What If
Part 4

Leaning over the toilet sink, I washed my tear-stained face, trying to rub out the redness in my eyes, but it only served to make it worse. I closed my eyes tightly, trying to erase the event that took place in the theatre just now. I gazed at myself in the mirror. Look at you, Yoomin, you're a mess, I told myself, droplets of water dripping from my face, makings it's way down to my white tank top. Get a grip! I shook my head.

I pulled the tissue from the dispenser, rolled it in my hand and dried my face with it. As I was drying my hands, my phone started ringing.

Disposing of the tissue in one swift shoot in the dustbin, I whipped out my handphone. The caller ID said that it was "Seonhee".

. I totally forgot about her. I quickly exit the toilet.

I punched the green answer button, and slowly lifted the phone to my ear with a timid, "hello".

"Yoomin-a!" she half-screamed into the phone. "Why did you go off just like that?"

"미안해 선희 (sorry Seonhee)," I started. But she cut me off and hurriedly said, "알았어, 넌 어디야? (it's okay, where are you?) "

I told her that I was at the third floor, outside the toilet, while leaning back on the wall.

"I'll be there."

Then the line was cut.

In less than five minutes, I could see her coming down the escalator. She had a very stern look in her face and she was not smiling.

Oh dear, I thought.

When she walked up to me, I quickly apologized for leaving her behind. She tried to open to tell me to shut up and stop fussing, but I just continued apologizing.

"OKAY! 씩코러! Stop apologizing already," she shouted at me, giving me a vigorous shake on my shoulder. Smiling, she said, "I forgive you already."

When I heard what she said, I quietened and smiled back. At least she forgave me. I then pulled her behind me, so that we could go off to that clothes shop we had been wanting to go to.

"You still have to tell me about Donghae," she said, giving me that sly look. Donghae? Donghae? Who is that? I don't ever remember knowing a Donghae or a Dong or a Ha-- Hae? So his name is Donghae. "The guy in the cinema?" I asked, nonchalantly, trying to hide the mixed feelings I have about him.

 "And you've got explaining to do as to why you left in such a hurry."

"알았어, 알았어," I said, my words lined with an obvious amount of annoyance. This girl really just don't know how to let go, I thought to myself, shaking my head.I continued pulling her towards the new clothes shop "H&M".

I wonder who that girl was. Was she his girlfriend? But if she was why would he do that to me? Unless he is a player of course... Aish.

I started sifting through the line of racks of clothes in an attempt to divert my attention away from that guy. But no matter how many times I tell myself to focus on the clothes, my thoughts constantly flutter to him.

"조금 더 가까이 사랑 너와 내가.. 지금 이대로 항상 너를 지켜줄게...." Seonhee's phone rings the lovely melody. She placed back the dress she was holding on top of the rack.

"여보세요? (hello?)"

I continued looking through the line of clothings, trying my uttermost to get my mind off him.

"은혁? (Eunhyuk?) Oh," she said into the phone, before she turned red in the face.

What's up with her? I thought to myself. She never blushes. Like never ever. I raised one eyebrow at her. She merely raised a hand to tell me she's busy before turning her back on me and walking further away to stay out of my hearing perimeter.

I watched her zigzag through the many racks and shelves of clothes, her shoulder shaking with controlled giggles.

I shook my head, smiling inside. Now, she has explaining to do. I walked on, admiring the black dresses at a certain rack, when I heard a loud cough behind me.

It was the girl at the movies. Hands on her hips, pelvis jutting out at me. She had a very irked look on her face, staring down at me like as if I was a stain. A stubborn stain that could not be removed from countless of scrubbing.

I looked in her eyes, trying to decipher the thoughts she conveys in her eyes. Her piercing stare burnt holes on my face and I then tried to avert my gaze back onto the black number I was holding.

Her eyes followed my gaze and upon seeing the black dress on my hand, she snatched it so quickly, I could not fully believe that she had taken it, not until a few seconds later when it finally registered in my head.

Towering over me, she said, disgust written all over her face, "What I want, I get. So stay out of my way and I'll stay out of yours. And if it did not yet register in your hollow of a brain, DONGHAE IS WHAT I WANT, AND HE WOULD BE WHO I GET!"

She strutted off to the cashier to pay for the dress. I closed my eyes, trying to calm my pounding heart. I swear I could have punched her if I had not been thinking rationally about my actions. Punching her in the gut at H&M is not going to do anyone any good. Especially me.

"Who was that?"

I turned around to face a tomato Seonhee, who had just obviously put down the phone and was putting it in the pocket inside her bag.

When she finally looked up, I crossed my arms and said, "The Seonhee I know never blushes. Who are you? You have more explaining to do and you're in no position just yet to question me about who that was."

I smirked at her when her face turned even more crimson if it was still possible at her already red face.

"I'll tell you."

________________________________________________________

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!! subscribe and comment please! You're my only source of motivation!! Oh and comment to request if you want me to develop certain aspect of the story!! Thanks again to all my subscribers!! ~~ 사랑해~~