Chapter 32

What If

In Japanese Class

Yoomin's POV

"Hey," Sungmin said as he slid on his seat next to mine. He was wearing a sleeveless top today, which showed off his biceps. He had just dyed his brown hair to a jet black which he had gelled-up nicely today. It looked very...emm...nice. He pulled out his Japanese dictionary out and started doing the work Ms Ukiro had asked us to complete by today. As the class has yet to start in about an hour, the classroom was empty except for him and I.

I couldn't help my eyes to be pulled by him today and I could feel my pulse quicken as my grip on my pen started to slip due to the perspiration that started pool on my hand. I looked away to concentrate on my own work. It took only a minute for my gaze to be pulled back to look at him.

Yah! Yoomin stop staring at him!

Having noticed my incessant staring, he looked up from his work. Flustered, I averted my gaze away from him to look at the window behind him. I could feel the uncontrollable colouring on my face getting brighter and brighter. He chuckled softly beside me, continuing his work.

"I caught you already," he mused, shaking his head, amused.

I squeezed my eyes tight. Turning my reddening face away from him.

, he did not just see me gawking at his biceps. He poked my side with his pen, causing me to yelp aloud. I immediately wrapped my arms sound myself, to shield against his formidable pen.

He laughed at the ridiculous expression on my face, shaking his head a little in disbelief at me. He smiled and placed his left elbow on the table, causing his biceps to flex again.

It certainly looks nice and hard, I wonder how it would feel to have it arou-

"Hmm?" he turned to me. "What is nice and hard?"

He had a smirk on his face, and he was moving closer and closer to me. His face was just inches away from mine, and I remained frozen at my place. I could feel his breath blowing on my face. He closed the distance between us until our nose was almost touching.

Is he about to kiss me?

I couldn't stand staring at him anymore  so I did the only thing sensible at a situation like this.

I closed my eyes, and pursed my lips. My heart hammered dangerously against my ribs and I felt the temperature of the room hitched higher. A million thoughts flashed in my head, but none of it stayed long enough for me to register.

I felt his nose bumped against my nose softly. I fisted the hem of my skirt in my hands, resisting the urge to just kiss him already.

"Ehh," a voice came from the door. "Sorry, go on ahead."

Ryeowook, turned around to close the door behind himself and ran off to who-knows-where. Sungmin backed away, and had his right elbow on the table, shaking his head and laughing his head at the same time.

I chuckled softly and nervously beside him.

Yoomin!! What did you just do!! Or thinking to do!!

I turned my head back to my book, feeling the awkwardness in the atmosphere. We sat quietly beside each other, finishing up our work until the classroom slowly filled with students.

When Ryeowook entered, I smiled at him but he avoided my gaze and shuffled towards his table, earning a laugh from Sungmin.

"Trust him to enter at the wrong time," Sungmin muttered to me while I just nodded at him.

What did that mean? Ryeowook entered at the wrong time? Does it mean he did ...want to kiss me?

Almost automatically, my fingers reached out to touch my lips, recalling how his breath felt against my face and his nose softly bumping against mine...