Chapter 26

What If

Jiyoo's POV

". Seonhee duck!"

I pushed her head down, whilst I hid behind my large cup of coke light. It didn't hide me too well of course, so I took the advertising pamphlet from the table and covered both Seonhee and I.

"What?" Seonhee hissed, clearly annoyed with me for nearly shoving her face down on her fish burger which happened to be open with all the tar-tar sauce exposed. Nobody wants tar-tar sauce on their face of course.

"Yoonhae," I whispered to her, then peering over the pamphlet to watch the adulterers take a seat four tables away from ours. I could hear Yoonitch's cooing as Donghae pulled the chair for her. Yuck, I said scrunching up my face in disgust.

Seonhee then joined me at peering at the two, before grabbing the pamphlet from me and hissing, "Why do we need to hide from them??"

I grabbed the pamphlet back from her and placed it back in front of us to keep us undercover. She tried to pull it from me again saying, "They should be the one hiding! Not us!"

"Don't you want to know what they're talking about?"

That quietened her down and she stopped pulling off the pamphlet and strained her ears to hear their conversation.

Donghae was hard to hear as his back was facing us and his voice was pretty soft. Yoonitch on the other hand, always make it a point to be in the limelight and always having attention. She was pretty loud with her ahhs and ohhs, letting people hear her.

Our food left forgotten on the table, fish burger opened wide, chicken half-murdered. We paid close attention to their conversation. Yoonitch, no surprise there, dominated the conversation, telling Donghae about her shopping escapades with her "girlfriends" Seohyun and Jessica. Honestly, I've never seen Donghae that bored in a conversation before, he was usually the talkative type, hardly the listener. Okay fine, I can't see his face but I can tell from his lack of response.

Donghae mumbled something (that was how it seemed to us from where we were) which we couldn't hear. A waiter then passed by our table, blocking Yoonitch and Donghae momentarily, Seonhee and I then shoved the innocent waiter away real hard. Just as the waiter was pushed away, we caught the 360 degrees change on Yoonitch's face.

Her face was scrunched up in utter fury. She was no longer talking in aloud voice and was instead hissing at him.

"You can't do this to me Donghae,"she hissed, lowering her head a little then looking from side to side to check if anyone was listening. She failed of course because she didn't spot us.

"Yoona," Donghae said, his volume slowly rising, annoyance evident in his tone. "I tried okay? It didn't work. We didn't work."

Wow. Seonhee and I turned to each other, surprised by what we heard. Donghae is breaking up with Yoona!

"You can't b-b-break up with me," Yoona replied, her voice wavering. "No one breaks up with me."

"I'm sorry Yoona, let me be the first one."

With that he stood up, to leave the Evil Queen Yoona, who looked near to tears.

Just at that moment, (Oh heart stay put!) Sungmin and Yoomin walked in. Donghae and Yoomin stared at each other, then Donghae's gaze moved to Sungmin while Yoomin's gaze moved to Yoona, who was still clueless to their arrival.

Seonhee and I quickly grabbed the other pamphlet from the next table and further covered ourselves, before peering over the pamphlets letting only our eyes to hover above it.

Donghae remained at his position. Sungmin then grabbed Yoomin's hand, intertwining his fingers with her (to which Seonhee and I squealed) with his eyes fixed on Donghae like as if he was daring him to take her from him.

He pulled Yoomin away but Donghae grabbed Yoomin's other arm, not allowing her to go. Yoona looked up surprised at Yoomin's and Sungmin's arrival.

Really, can the world get any smaller?