Chapter 50

What If
Chapter 50

At Seonhee's house

Eunhyuk's POV

"Come on, Seonhee," I said, tugging at her arm. "Just go already."

"No I will not," she said, folding her arms in front of her.

I was trying to persuade her to at least send Yoomin to the airport, one good step that could make them get back to the old them. I don't want her to do or not do something that will make her regret later on.

We were at Seonhee's room, doing our own individual homework when I received a message from Donghae telling me to bring Seonhee along to send Yoomin off. True, Yoomin wasn't going to be gone forever, and was going to come back in a week's time. But if something unexpected happened, and...and she might just not come back, I don't want Seonhee to feel guilty all her life. It would be for her own good as well to get back with Yoomin and Jiyoo.

"Seonhee," I repeated, drawing patterns on her hands then her arms. "Please? For me?"

She shook her head violently, and turned her attention to her textbook in an attempt to ignore me.

"If she doesn't want to go, don't force her to," Sooyeon spoke, her eyes fixed on her textbook.

Have I mentioned that Sooyeon was here as well??

"Perhaps its not the right time and she's not ready yet," she continued.

Seonhee nodded in response, agreeing with Sooyeon.

I heaved a heavy sigh, and began packing up my belongings, shoving them into my bag one by one.

After zipping up my bag, I stood up.

"If you're not going, I am," I began, looking at Seonhee. She wasn't paying any attention and was deliberately ignoring me.

"Yoomin is my friend as well," I continued.

Then with that, I slinged my bag over my shoulder, and walked out of her room without turning back.

I slowly walked to the bus stop to wait for bus 36 to the airport. I felt annoyed and disappointed both with Seonhee and myself. In a way, I shouldn't have forced her and not considered her feelings. True, she might not be ready yet and I should have be the one to understand that. But on the other hand, I was also looking out for her interest, I didn't want her to regret later on if something happened to Yoomin and they have not fixed the problem they were having. That happened to countless of people and those people had to carry the burden of guilt for the rest of their lives. I don't want that to happen to her. Because I love her too much.

Recently, the time we spent with each other when Sooyeon is not around mainly involved arguments, shoutings and crying. Not a single time we spent nowadays ends in a good tone without us feeling hurt that sometimes I have thought of not seeing her for a week so that we could cool down. But of course I couldn't. Not seeing or hearing from her for a day already got me pacing up and down, worried. If I don't see her for a week, I might be the one to die. I miss the good times we used to have that now hardly comes. Almost like as if those were just mere part of some dream or imagination and never really happened. I miss what we were then. I miss her a lot.

I took out my phone to text her, to say the things I wanted to say but couldn't because Sooyeon was there.

"Babe, I love you a lot and I don't want you to regret later on if you don't come  with me to the airport. I'm sorry for sort of forcing you, but just know that I always love you."

Just then, the bus stopped in front of me, and I stood up and boarded the bus. I walked in towards the rear of the bus and plopped myself down on one of the empty seats. As soon as I was seated, my phone vibrated against my hand.

It was Seonhee.

"If you do love me, you wouldn't have forced me. If you think you love me by doing that, you are wrong."

I bit my lips as I felt hot tears welling up in my eyes. I felt an overwhelming urge to type a good get-back. But I couldn't. I felt like as if someone was digging holes through my heart.

Seonhee? You...doubt my love for you?

All I could do was press that switch button.

The screen on my phone went black.

.

.

At Seonhee's house

Seonhee's POV

I started washing my face on the sink in my toilet. I almost got into an argument with Eunhyuk.

Seonhee! Why couldn't you just go? You didn't have to do it for Yoomin but you could have at least been there for Eunhyuk...

Eunhyuk and I, weren't doing so well recently. It was almost like as if every moment we spent with each other was just used on quarreling, screaming, shouting and hurting each other. We haven't spent time with each other just us being happy and all. And tomorrow is Valentines.

I heaved a heavy sigh, feeling guilty for not just going along with him. That was the least I could do for him for being such a thorn on his side the past few weeks.

I do love Eunhyuk, you just don't know how much. But just these few days, we've had more arguments than in the last 9 months put together.

Sometimes I thought of not seeing him for a week so that we could cool down and get clear-headed. But of course I couldn't. Not seeing or hearing from him for a day already got me pacing up and down, worried that something happened. If I don't see him for a week, I might just die from worry.

I stared at myself in the mirror, beads of water, dripping from my face.

Seonhee, fix these. Fix it already.

I grabbed the towel that was hanging on the rack and wiped my face until it hurts and my face was scrubbed clean and pink.

I opened the door to enter my room. Sooyeon was holding onto my phone and as soon as I entered, she quickly dropped it back onto the bed.

"Seonhee!" she said, startled. "You scared the heck out of me!"

She clasped at her chest and started laughing quite uneasily.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," I spoke walking towards my bed to check my phone.

"I'm sorry, I was just looking through your pictures."

I turned to her. Her head was bowed, and she was frowning a little.

"You still think of Yoomin do you?"

I nodded, not knowing how to explain it. I didn't want to think of Yoomin, but I nevertheless did.

"Did I have any messages or calls?" I asked, quickly changing the topic.

"Oh none."