Chapter 52

What If
Chapter 52

In the car

Siwon's POV

"So are you guys keen on going for dinner?"

I pulled out of the carpark space, and switched gear back to front, and made a turn for the exit. I slowed down at the approaching hump.

"I want to eat Pepper Crab!" Jiyoo piped beside me, clapping her hands like a little child. I briefly turned to look at her, smiling. I reached out to hold her hand, with my other on the steering wheel.

"Not today, I think," Donghae mumbled softly from behind me.

We had just sent off Yoomin for her Japan trip. Jiyoo was sitting beside me while Donghae sat directly behind me, followed by Eunhyuk, who was in the middle, then Leeteuk. Donghae wasn't so happy about Yoomin's trip being scheduled on a Valentine's day.

"I'm good with anything," Leeteuk shrugged. I smiled at him from the rearview mirror, but almost immediately he looked away.

"How about you Eunhyuk? Eh, why not ask Seonhee to come along?"

Eunhyuk bit his lips for awhile, silent.

 

"We just, em, quarreled. I think not this time..."

I nodded my head, understanding.

"So," I started, pausing a little, my eyes on the road, watching the cars pass and estimating when was the right time to enter with the rest as we leave the carpark.

"That makes Leeteuk, Jiyoo and I."

"I think I might give this a miss then," Leeteuk said.

"Nooo!" Jiyoo whined. "You're not backing out! You are coming along!"

I laughed. Trust Jiyoo to force her way.

Leeteuk and Jiyoo began arguing why he should go. It was a full debate until I  dropped Donghae and Eunhyuk at their own homes.

"Fine! Okay I'm going!" Leeteuk's annoyed voice rang in the car.

"Yes!" Jiyoo shouted with joy. "See, I won!"

Leeteuk then started mumbling about Jiyoo being childish, but unfortunately for him, Jiyoo heard it. Jiyoo then started a long tirade on why she wasn't.

I was kind of curious as to why Jiyoo was making Leeteuk come along if he didn't want to. I mean doesn't she want to be just with me?

She likes him. She'd rather be with him than yo-

No, she loves me and I'm not going to doubt it.

em>Think about it, he's younger. They can go official. As for with you, she has to be careful when you are out together. With him, there's no-

That can be worked out between us. And we have already discussed that. She was fine with it.

She was. Now could be different.

I don't think so.

Maybe. Just maybe.

No.

Then why is she so keen on being with him. Then why did she chose to go with Leeteuk to the airport instead of wait for you until you parked the car?

She was with Donghae too and maybe she just wanted to see Yoomin as quickly as possible.

Maybe?

I trust Jiyoo. I'm not going to doubt her. A relationship with doubts and lack of trust cannot last.

Then why are all these thoughts flying in your head?

Because-

"Ahhh!"

A piercing scream. A loud horn. Breathe hitched in my throat.

I quickly stepped on the brakes. My whole body jerked forward before being pulled back harshly against my seat. I had just almost collided on another car that was crossing infront of me. I had not seen the red light, too distracted.

Jiyoo, face white as sheet, turned to look at me, one hand clasping her chest.

 

"Are you alright? Or are you too tired?"

I shook my head, still in shock.

Leeteuk was silent behind.

"Are you alright?" Jiyoo asked him. From the rearview mirror, I saw Leeteuk nod slowly.

Jiyoo turned to me, reached out and held my hand, a look of concern written evidently on her face.

"I think," she said, slowly leaning back against her seat as I slowly started driving again when the traffic light turned green. "The pepper crab can wait."

.

.

At Seonhee's House

Seonhee's POV

I pulled my house key out of my purse and gently slotted it into the lock, making as little noise as possible. I don't want to wake my parents up.

Click!

I pushed the door open ever so slowly wincing as it creaked noisily against the awful silence of the dark house.

I pushed the door closed behind me. I pulled my shoes off, standing one legged, one hand on the wall to support myself.

Just as I was about to tip-toe up the stairs to my bedroom, the living room standing lamp flicked on.

"Out this late without permission?"

My father's voice was soft but the anger very much obvious in his tone. My mother sat beside him, her lips in a tight purse. My father was in his faded blue and white stripes pajamas, while my mother was in her usual beige nightgown.

"We are not happy, Seonhee," my mother spoke, her voice gentle yet disappointment was clear and resounding.

"Not happy," she repeated.

"We need to discuss about these mat my father said, standing up from his seat. "About your sudden drop of grades and why were you out late tonight."

"Haa-how did you know about my grades?" I croaked, fear engulfing me.

"Let's just say a very nice friend of yours had told us about it, she was very much concerned about you," mom said.

Lee Yoomin. Why do you have to do this?? Do you really have to make life miserable for me?! You know it darned well how hard my parents will be on me if they find my grades less than perfect from their own standpoint.

"From 3.8 to 3.1! That wasn't just a minor drop Seonhee," my father followed, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Can we do this tomorrow? I'm tired."

Tired of everything. I thought of making it up with you but you had to go and do this to me. Why Yoomin why? Why do this? Why resort to this? Do you hate me that much?

Without waiting for my parents answer, the third time I'm probably making them unhappy with me, I walked off without another word, up to my bedroom and slammed the door, not caring about making as little noise as possible.