Chapter 11

What If

Seonhee's POV

It was only the first day back in school  but the amount of workload dumped on us by our lecturer was already a killer. I don't think I can bear to imagine how it would be like by the end of the week.

Yoomin, Jiyoo and I had agreed to meet at the nearby cafe, Handel and Gretel, just for a short chat. I was dismissed the latest, at around 7.30pm as I was helping out my teacher to dissect the frogs as samples for first years for the next day.

Yoomin was dismissed at 6pm after her Japanese with Ms Ukiro while Jiyoo, well her class ended at 3.30pm. I wasn't actually expecting to see her.

Using my back, I pushed open the door to Handel and Gretel. The air-conditioning by the door blew coldly at my hair, causing me to shiver a little. The cafe was very popular among the teenagers and the old alike. It has a very relaxing and comforting feel due to it's cosy and sleek interior. It's dim lighting also sets a very homey feel around the whole cafe. Moreover, the cappuccino here is quite affordable. Today, it was less crowded.

At a quiet nook, I spotted Jiyoo and Yoomin, exhaustion evident from their slump and dull faces.

I plopped myself down beside Jiyoo, throwing my bag and books on the floor beside me and rested my head on the table.

"Hey," Yoomin said, using her pen to poke me lightly on my arm. "How was your day?"

I grunted. I was so tired I could not even bear to stand up to order my favorite cappuccino at the counter. I then grabbed Yoomin's cafe mocha and took a sip. She snatched it back almost immediately before I could even properly taste the drink.

"Get your own," she snapped, swatting my hand away when I tried to make a grab for it again.

After walking to the counter and finally getting my own cappuccino, I turned to Jiyoo.

"I wasn't expecting you to come. I mean your class ended at 3.30pm, what did you do for the past 4 hours?"

Almost immediately, her face turned red and she started blabbering unrecognisable words.

Yoomin and I simply raised an eyebrow.

"Fine, I spent 3 hours with Siwon. He helped me with the pairwork I was supposed to be doing with Eunhyuk, who apparenty disappeared after lunch," she snapped at me before continuing. "And then he explained to me the stuff I didn't understand in Legal Comm."

When she finished, Yoomin could only look at her, hanging wide open.

"What?" she asked, coolly, grabbing my  still full cappuccino.

Who the heck is Siwon?

"Speaking of which, where did YOU and Eunhyuk go after lunch?" Jiyoo asked, a smirk very evident in her face.

"Who is Siwon?"

"Don't change the topic. Where?"

"Ju-just..."

"Yes?" Jiyoo and Yoomin chorused, leaning in closer to me, ears pricked with interest. I covered my face with my hands to prevent them from seeing my crimson cheeks and idiotic grin.

"SEONHEE!!" they chorused.

"Okay okay..." I said, hands up in surrender. "We were just chatting..."

Jiyoo and Yoomin raised their eyebrows questioningly at me.

"About...Us."

"OMG!! Are you freaking serious?? Are you two officially going out now?" Jiyoo bursted, causing other customers to turn their head at us. I jumped off my seat and covered to prevent her from further spreading our personal affairs to the whole wide world.

 

"Yes, Jiyoo we are going out together," I said rolling my eyes at the ecstatic girl beside me. Yoomin jumped up as well and was biting her lips to control her giggles. "We spent the whole afternoon until my lessons. SO NOW WHO'S SIWON??"

It was Jiyoo's turn to blush crimson. Her exuberant self suddenly hushed and I was getting pretty suspicious.

"He's our new Legal Comm teacher, replacement for Preggy Umbridge. And they have the hots for each other," Yoomin laughed and smirked at Jiyoo who was now pretending to search for something in her bag.

I simply gaped at Jiyoo. Now that explains why she wanted to quickly go for Legal Comm class after lunch and why she bothered spending her afternoon hours to study Legal Comm. I guffawed and wagged my index finger at her.

"You! You! You!"I teased. "You naughty naughty~~"

She flipped her hair, biting her lips to control the smile that was threatening to escape from , face flushed like as if she ran a mile around the estate.

"He's 21!" she countered.

Yoomin and I burst out laughing.