Chapter 37

What If

Chapter 37

Yoomin's POV

Wow, this party is for me?

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, threatening waterworks.

Seonhee nodded and hugged me tightly. They have been planning this for almost a month or so they've told me, and during those time I was wallowing myself in self-pity thinking that they no longer wanted my company because they had their boyfriends. So they had actually been planning this behind my back!!

"Where's Jiyoo?" I asked, after pulling away from her and wiping the tear that slid down my cheek.

Seonhee smiled, tears also streaming down her cheeks. She shrugged and both of us laughed.

 

"Why are you crying?" I asked half-sobbing half-laughing. A few people were watching our exchange and it was quite awkward but we didnt care. I really thought my friends have forgotten. Always wondering whether they would remember today if I don't remind them, like I usually did every year. Seonhee laughed, using the back of her hand to wipe he tears away. In spite of that, tears continued to stream down her face, further adding to my already growing waterworks. I used the long sleeve of my blouse and wiped her tears.

"Thanks so much," I said, in between sobs and tears. "I really wasn't expecting anything this year. And this is what I receive. Thanks so much!"

We laughed at our drama and hugged again. Soon, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Leeteuk joined us, pretending to cry and laugh, mimicking our actions. Seonhee smacked Eunhyuk on his arm, who yelped, causing a few people nearby to watch the now increasing company of waterworks and laughter.

Jiyoo then skipped in, pulling behind her somebody I wasn't very much familiar with. Her friend? He was wearing a casual pants and an elbow-length sleeved shirt. On his head a grey beanie.  When they finally reached us, after having to push against the large crowd of people, the boy looked at me in the eyes, nodded and smiled.

Why does he look like Mr Siwon? Oh my gawd...MR SIWON?

"Mr Si-" I began but was cut off by one of my other Legal Comm classmate.

"What the heck Mr Siwon?! What are you doing here?" Varsha said. Her hands were on her hips and she was holding onto a glass of drinks.

Jiyoo leaped up and quickly covered Varsha's mouth. Varsha was still speaking and was struggling to remove the strongly clasped hand of Jiyoo off her face.

I quickly closed my mouth when I noticed that I had left it wide open and bowed politely at Mr Siwon. I turned to look at Donghae, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk who's mouths were also wide open.

"Here you go Yoomin. It's not much but I hope you like it," he said, handing me a squarish box with his two hands. I reached out for it with my two hands and bowed politely. Wow, a teacher giving me a present.

Jiyoo slowly removed her hand off Varsha's mouth when she stopped struggling and shouting.

Mr Siwon smiled at Varsha and raised an index finger to his mouth in a 'hush' sign.

"So do I pass off as one of you guys?" Mr Siwon asked, wriggling an eyebrow at us. Donghae and Eunhyuk suddenly jerked back from their shock, clapped Mr Siwon on the back and started cheering.

"Wow wow! Siwon hyung!"

"Glad to see you here!"

"Yo man wassup! How's it going on?"

Their rambles caused Mr Siwon, Jiyoo, Seonhee and I to burst into fits of laughter. With his outfit, Mr Siwon surely passed off as a teenager, well, one thing, he wasn't really that far off from that age.

"I'm glad to have officially introduced myself, I'm Seonhee,"Seonhee said, reaching out to shake his hands.

"At Kona Beans," Siwon replied, shaking her hands, a tad too long. Eunhyuk then went to her side, 'gently' pulling her hand away from Mr Siwon's.

"And hyung, she's my girlfriend."

Everyone burst out laughing. I was wiping some tears of joy, when I heard someone called my name.

"Min ah."

I turned around to the sound of my name. And the sound of the voice. I felt my cheeks reddening even before I turned around to look at the person.

Sungmin. Omg he is here.  HE IS HERE!

As he slowly approached me, he bit his bottom lip, looking at me through his fringe that covered his eyes. And much to my surprise (and everyone else's) he gripped my right arm and pulled me into a tight embrace, rocking us both back and forth. I heard Seonhee squealed but was hushed by Eunhyuk and Jiyoo. Donghae looked angry.

When he finally released me, he handed me a wrapped gift, soft and plushy. He nodded at me to urge me to open it. I smiled and slowly tore open the wrapper, totally wrapped in my own world.

It was a brown Teddy bear with a very furry body, it was soft and cuddly and it had a name written on it's front chest.

"MinMin"

I heard Seonhee and Varsha squealing like high school kids, totally giggling together uncontrollably. They started laughing together, talking like as if they knew each other. Honestly, they have never met before.

"OMG Sungmin-ah that is so sweet!"

"SEONHEE!" Eunhyuk and Jiyoo chorused, eyeing Donghae.

I noticed all this exchange with much annoyance. They're acting like as if I can't hear and I can't see.

"Thanks," I mumbled, giving the bear a hug.

I don't know if the bear was named after me. Or was it name after me and him.

Soon, Sungmin was also introduced to Siwon, who did not fail to notice his resemblance with a particular Legal Comm teacher. As the party, eating, laughing and dancing continued until 12 midnight, when all the food soon finished, everyone gathered for a picture taking. Except for someone.

I wonder where Leeteuk went to.