Chapter 51

What If
Chapter 51

At the airport...

Yoomin's POV

"You must be good okay?" my mother said, patting me gently on my back as she gave me a long hug. My father was nodding on my side, patting me on the back as well.

"Mom," I whined. I could feel people were staring at us. Eek! I don't like this.

"I'm not five years old anymore!"

"Why?! Can't I hug my daughter goodbye?" she asked, annoyed.

"I'm still coming back, you know," I retorted.

She pulled away from, frowning a little. This was better than hugging me and being all too emotional.

"So what time's your flight again?" my father asked, while looking at his watch.

I looked at my flight detail, skimming through the wordy explanations, in search of numbers that would tell me my flight timing.

"12.10 am."

My father grunted a response.

We were waiting at one of those seats at the side of the check-in counters. My mother was standing up, pacing back and forth, brows furrowed in concern. Her mind was probably working out some accidents that could happen, further worrying her. My father was seated beside me, arms crossed, staring into nothing. While my brother, YooGeun, was on his PSP, playing some battleship game.

Slowly, I spotted a few of my classmates in Japanese class who I never spoke to before, coming in and taking a seat behind us. Just as I was about to die of boredom (it was only 9.30pm!) , I spotted Jiyoo, in a long-sleeved shirt, faded denim shorts and high-cut converse shoes, running towards me, pulling at a red-faced Leeteuk. Behind them, Donghae was walking cooly. He was wearing a black shirt with a navy blue jacket on top of it. He looked...ehem...pretty good.

"Donghae hyung!"

YooGeun quickly ran up to Donghae with his PSP and started chatting with him.

"Jiyoo!" I squealed and hugged her. "You came!"

"Of course I came, you idiot," she laughed punching me on my arm.

"And you too!" I said, turning to Leeteuk. He just winked at me in response. Jiyoo can really make him blush. I still have to work on that Leeteuk and ask him about how he truly feels for Jiyoo, when that day comes, ooh what joy! Although I felt like someone was still missing...

"Hey," Donghae said just as he and YooGeun approached us.

I smiled at him, almost forgetting what was bugging me and he reached out to touch my hand, holding it with both his hands. Jiyoo and Leeteuk then awkwardly move off to chat with my parents. And so did YooGeun.

I tried to pull my hand away, afraid that my parents might see. I don't want them getting all the wrong ideas. And he kissed my hand.

"Donghae," I said under my breathe, gritting my teeth. "We're in public."

 

I felt my cheeks burn all the way to my neck.

He ignored what I said and smiled, "You wore it. Finally, you wore it."

I looked down at where his eyes were fixed on. He was looking at the bracelet I was wearing, the one he gave me for my birthday. I always wore it whenever I go out, it's just that I never wore it to school because I was afraid I would lose it. The diamonds in the five silver heart, shining against the light.

"Thank you," he said and reluctantly let go of my hand.

"Yoomin."

Just then, Siwon oppa came walking towards us. He was wearing his 'teenager' attire, perhaps to not make my parents worried. He looked really young again.

"Hey, you take care in Japan alright?"

Siwon oppa had dropped Jiyoo, Leeteuk and Donghae first before proceeding to find for an empty parking space.

I walked towards Jiyoo, Leeteuk and Siwon. So did Donghae.

Just then, Sungmin came walking towards me, carrying a plastic bag. He ignored Donghae who was frowning beside me just at the sight of him.

"Hey yoomin! Want a peppero?!"

He took one and puts it in his mouth like as if waiting for me to take the other side. He smiled at me with wide innocent-like eyes, unnerved by the growling and snapping Donghae on my other side who was being held back by Siwon oppa.

"No, I...I," I stammered, me face flushing red again, and I slightly turned away from my parents, afraid they would see how I looked. "I don't w-want,"

Sungmin smirked and said, "Ohh that's okay... I brought enough to last us the whole Japan trip, roomie."

He shoots a look at Dong Hae, winked at me before ruffling my hair, causing me to smile like an idiot like how I always did whenever he do such things. He then walked off to join Ryeowook along with his other friends.

When Siwon oppa finally let Donghae go, Donghae rubbed his shoulders where Siwon's tight grip cut.

"What the hell!' he shouted, causing my mother to give him a brief disapproving look, having heard the word.

"And what did he mean roomie?" he asked, straightening his shirt out.

"Emmm,"

"You didn't know?!?!" Jiyoo blurted.

I ran up to her and quickly smacked her on in an attempt to make her shut up. I don't want my parents making a big fuss over this especially after hearing it.

"What?"

Siwon then bent down to whisper something into Donghae's ear. I could clearly make out him saying "They are roommates,".

Slowly I removed my hands off Jiyoo's mouth. Annoyed, she wiped with the back of her hand, frowning heatedly at me.

He frowned and cracked his knuckles, threatening to punch the daylights out of Sungmin.

"That jerk better not..." Donghae hissed while I could just stand there and blush furiously, unable to imagine all the "horror" of the trip.

"Min ah," Sungmin said teasingly as he tugged at my arm, much to the annoyance of Lee Donghae.

Really glad Siwon oppa and Leeteuk is here. Jiyoo then gave me a short hug. And so did Leeteuk, just as he whispered, "Donghae is not too fond of Sungmin occupying you on a Valentine's day eh?"

Is he teasing me?!

"How about Jiyoo eh?" I retorted. I saw his face change colour, his face and neck turning bright red.

"Ah, eh, emm," he stammered, unable to string his words together.

I raise my eyebrows at him triumphantly.

Two can play this game.

Donghae then pulled me close to him, giving me into a tight hug. I could feel my parents staring right at me quizzically.

"Take care please," he whispered into my ear, just as he rested his face into the nook of my neck. I could feel his warm breathe on my neck, tickling me.

"Ehem," I heard my father coughed.

Almost immediately, Donghae jumped off me and bowed politely to my parents. I could feel myself feeling almost faint-ish.

"Come back safely alright?" Siwon oppa said, giving me a brief hug with one arm, just as he was holding Jiyoo's hands with the other.

"Is everyone here already?" Ms Ukiro's squeaky voice called out and upon noticing me, walked up to our little group.

She smiled at me, reaching out for my hand when she suddenly said, "Oh! Mr Choi!"

Quick as lightning, Siwon oppa let go of Jiyoo's hands, and straightened his front.

"What are you doing here?"

"Emm, nothing just happened to pass by," Siwon said.

Ms Ukiro raised her eyebrows at him, smiling a little.

"Hmm," she responded. "Anyway, Yoomin please come join us already."

I said goodbye to all my friends and family, and walked alongside Ms Ukiro.

"Hmm, that man, if he was here for me, he could have just said so," she mumbled, but loud enough that I could hear.

I chuckled softly to myself. Oh no Jiyoo looks like you have competition.

I slipped into the crowd that was my classmates and stood next to Sungmin and Ryeowook.

"Yoomin!!"

Someone called. I turned around, surprised.

It was Eunhyuk. My eyes rove around in search of a familiar brown curls.

Eunhyuk ran up to me past my parents, Donghae, Leeteuk, Jiyoo and Siwon.

"I thought I couldn't see you off. Glad I came in time," he said, panting. He squat down for awhile, to catch his breathe and then stood up straight.

"I'm sorry, I...I couldn't make her come. I'm sorry," he said.

"It's alright," I said, my voice breaking a little.

"it's okay."

Ms Ukiro then quickly ushered us in, pushing us into the departure area. I patted Eunhyuk on the back and gave him a smile before turning around to enter the departure area.

As we queued inside to get our passes checked, I turned around for a moment to see my friends and family but they were nowhere in sight. Sighing, I quickly turned back.

And just for a moment. Just that one second. I think I saw a very distinct brown curls.

*****************************

I'm so sorry for not updating in awhile...was pretty worked up and busy what with SJ being in my country right now for SS4SG!! Haha jiyoo and Yoomin went to watch but I did not get to go:( boohoohoo:(

They saw Mr Siwon and they, of course, screamed their heads off ahahhaha:):)

And just for credit as well, I saw Donghae and Siwon at a Skip Beat fanmeeting so I'm happy enough!! #justsaying

I'll promise to update more often kk?!?!:)