Chapter 24

What If

Siwon's POV

Okay we're in the car, alone. Just calm down for a second okay? No need to be so nervous.

You're going to jump her that's why you're nervous.

No I am not. Why are you even saying that?

Because I am your inner self. I say what you're thinking.

Rubbish. Stop whispering non-sensical stuff into my head.

That doesn't even make sense. Why would I even need to whisper? I am in you.

No, you're not. You're some evil. God's enemy, whispering things into my head so that I will sin.

Hah! I don't really give a damn to what you think. Because eventually you will act what you think. Actually I'm giving you warning. Tsk, unappreciative.

What warning? All your giving me-

"Emm, Mr Siwon,"Jiyoo said, her fingers reaching out to touch my knuckles that had it's grip tight on the steering wheel.

Oh Gawwd, why does your touch make me feel-

Good? Hmm, I told you.

Shut up, and let me enjoy.

"Enjoy what? Mr Siwon, are you alright?"

Dang it. She was looking at me, concern deep within her eyes. I could almost feel my stomach flipping in-

Excitement? Tsk tsk tsk...

I nodded at her, smiling ruefully for having all these thoughts running around my head. I turned my head back to the road and told myself to concentrate on that before I land us in a hospital.

"Are you sure? You look awfully pale..."

Her hands reached out to touch my forehead this time, causing me to let out a silent gasp. She didn't seem to have noticed it and simply frowned t herself, muttering about not looking so good.

I then cleared my throat and asked her if she fancied Japanese cuisine. It was good thinking on my part as it at least distracted myself from the not-so-appropriate thoughts in my head. Moreover, I don't trust my radio player whenever she's around. The first time she was in my car, it started playing some suggestive songs. Then just last week, it played Touch My Body by Mariah Carey. It quickly turned the atmosphere around. She started fiddling with the button on her shirt while my grip on the steering wheel tightened, in an attempt to prevent myself from jumping at her right-

So you finally admit you want to jump her?

It was just a slip of my words-

From the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, Proverbs -

Shut up.

Then we pulled up at the restaurant. I was glad that we are finally in public again, the chances of me doing something...inappropriate is lessened.

I pulled the door of the car opened for her and lead her inside the restaurant.

In the Japanese restaurant:

Jiyoo's POV

How glad I am that we are now in public...at least the chances of me doing something rash is lessened.

I must focus on my food. That's right, that's what I should do.

He guided me into the restaurant. I noticed one of the waitresses eyeing Siwon, a blush slowly creeping up her face as Siwon approached her to ask for an available table.

"Oh table for two, sir?" she chirped.

Siwon nodded and soon the waitress was leading us into the restaurant and got us a private parlour which had a view of the lake outside. It was beautiful.

"Is there ANYTHING I can get you?"

Her question was very much directed to Siwon and the way she was looking at him really irked the hell out of me.

I touched Siwon's arm and turned to the woman saying, "Nothing at the moment so you can leave us alone for now."

The woman looked at me, narrowed her eyes, before she curtsied to Siwon and left the room. The moment the door closed behind her, I heaved a sigh of relief. What a man-eater. She was probably like seven years older than him.

I heard Siwon chuckled opposite me. He was covering his mouth, trying to control his laughter.

"What?" I snapped.

He shook his head and tried to straighten his face and stop himself from laughing.

"I've never seen you get mad at anyone before."

I nodded. I don't make it a habit to get angry with people.

"Hmm," I said, having no answer for his statement. I mean, what should I say? That I don't like her undressing you with her eyes?

He grabbed the menu on the table and flipped through the pages. Soon, he was ordering sushi, tempura, cold noodles and some teriyaki chicken. He also ordered a Chawanmushi when I gushed out upon seeing it on a menu.

"Thanks for," Siwon started.

"Accompanying me and having dinner with me."

"I'm glad to be here," I replied almost silently. I turned to my right and looked at the garden and lake outside. You could see the reflection of the moon on the water, as it ripples along. The moonlight lit the garden softly, making the very atmosphere outside relaxing and almost romantic.

I stood up from my seat and walked towards the balcony window. I opened the window that extended from the ceiling to the floor. Siwon followed close behind me. I stepped out of the balcony into the garden. A cool breeze blew past me, blowing my hair loose a little. I tried to wrap my arms around myself to warm myself up.

Suddenly, two strong and firm arms wrapped around me in a tight hug, the warmth immediately spreading throughout my body.

"I don't want you to catch a cold,"he whispered into my ears, making my eyes flutter with the feeling of his warm breath ghosting on my skin. I felt my knees buckle under me.

"I don't think I can deny it anymore,"he started, slowly burying his face into the crook of my neck among my hair.

"I denied it too many times to myself, thinking it would die down. But it didn't."

I am speechless. For the first time of my life, nothing is coming to my head.

"I..." he started, his voice wavering a little. "I love you."

I turned around to face him, his arms never leaving me. He looked at me, crestfallen, afraid of rejection. I smiled gently at him then he cupped my face with his hands and I lost myself within.