Chapter 41

What If

Chapter 41

Eunhyuk's POV

Even before the bottle stopped on me, I already knew what I wanted to do. I was definitely going to do the dare, because "truth" is no fun, because I mean, I can always lie right? No one would know. I could even predict what they would ask me to do. So when, the bottle stopped on me, after Leeteuk spun the bottle, I immediately shouted, "Dare!"

"Kiss Seonhee!"

"With tongues!"

"Kiss Leeteuk!"

"What?" I turned to Jiyoo who just shouted those last words. She smiled and mouthed, "Kidding!"

I was about to pull a very red Seonhee to face me, ready to hand in my dare. Like as if I needed a dare to do this. Like as if this was so hard for me to dare. It was hardly a dare at all.

I held Seonhee by her waist and I was -

"It won't be fun if you were going to dare you to do something you will be enjoying," Leeteuk began, an evil glint shone from his eyes.

"In three months time, there will be some sort of sing or dance competition in our school. Either a pair or individual can participate, for the finals only one pair or individual can represent their school."

Everyone was listening intently now. I wonder what kind of dare he is trying to give me.

"I dare you and Donghae to go for the competition, sing and dance, using a song of my choice," he spoke, a huge triumphant smile on his face.

"What?" Donghae and I chorused.

"Yes," Leeteuk said, nodding, an evil glint very clear and apparent on his expressions.

"Why am I involved?" Donghae asked, complaining. Everyone laughed and agreed that Donghae should go for the competition as well.

"You're all not helping me!"

"So what song?" I asked, not too eagerly, although I won't be backing out of this challenge anytime soon. I'm not that type.

"That's my job to find out," Leeteuk replied flatly.

Seonhee, gripped my hand tightly.

"Eunhyuk ah," she mumbled. "Can you even sing and dance?"

I smiled at her.

Just wait and see. I'll show you.

.

.

Yoomin's POV

I'm seriously dead tired today. But it was fun and really have to thank my friends for planning this for me. I almost thought they forgot about me. I mean last time, they weren't busy with boyfriends and all. It was only the three of us for each other. But ever since they got into a relationship, we spent less and less time together, just us three. It was understandable as they have someone else who needs their time. And as a bestfriend I should be understandable. That's why, this year, I didn't want to make a fuss over my birthday. But who would have thought they would do this for me. I mean renting a chalet, with swimming pool, private jacuzzi, a barbecue pit is pretty costly. Plus the food and drinks and inviting my friends, some of who they weren't acquainted with.

There's no greater friend than this two.

I took off my slippers and placed my leg  up on the sun-bathing seat, watching as the dim-light of the pool illuminate it, the moonlight gently glistening over it just as the water rippled gently. I wrapped my arms around myself, as the a cool breeze blew past me, my hair flying along it.

Today, I did not just celebrate this important day with my two bestfriends but also with my other classmates and friends. Especially my tablemates, or should I say, my group of friends?

Eunhyuk, as much as I'm not surprise by his appearance because wherever Seonhee is, he would be there, I really loved how he made everything funny and made the whole party lively, although his jokes are rather lame.

Leeteuk, I was really puzzled by his persistency in sending me home from my aunt's house. At first I panicked because the route was very unfamiliar and I didn't know if it was the driver who was trying to kidnap us or something. I'm really grateful he took this time to come for this party. One day, I'm going to make him tell me how he really feels about Jiyoo. Come to think of it, he was rather awkward when Jiyoo was around recently, unlike last time, when they would bite off each others' head, arguing over something really unimportant.

Mr Si- I mean, Siwon oppa, really was a big surprise. I didn't expect to see him at the party at all. And dressed the way he was, no, it was the most epic thing of today's event. He looked almost a teenager. I guess, he wasn't that afraid of making it known to at least us, Jiyoo's closest friends, about their relationship. His gift was also on of the most funniest and epic gift I've ever received in my whole life. It was a bible, accompanied by a note saying, "Let the word of God fill your heart mind and soul." Seriously.

Sungmin's appearance surprised me too.  Surprised me a lot. Ad he wasn't exactly close to my friends, I wasn't expecting him to have even been invited. Or known of the party. Apparently, Seonhee thought of inviting him. And his gift Teddy bear, the brown fluffball, was a real sweet thing to give. On it's chest was "MinMin". I really don't know what he meant by it. Was it our name together? Or was it just my name repeated twice? And that kiss...did it even happen or was it just a figment of my imagination/hallucination/fantasy/whatever?  And that warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach whenever he talks to me...

And Donghae... It was so good to see him today, at least not attempting to bite SungMin's limbs off. He was a real party animal and really knows how to liven up a party. I felt almost comfortable again by his presence all things that happened in the past almost forgotten. He was-

"Hey"

I could recognize that voice anywhere.  As I was about to turn around, I felt him drape a coat around me, before he sank down beside me.

"Hey back," I replied, smiling at him. It was really good to finally be able to look at him without feeling so much hurt and pain.

"Emm, Siwon hyung-"

"Siwon hyung huh?" I asked, nodding my head.

"Well, after today, I don't think I can call him mr again."

"Yeah what about him?"

"He drove home already and also sent Jer- Sungmin home as well."

I nodded in acknowledgement, just as another cool breeze blew past me, causing me to shiver.

"I ..." he began. I looked up at him just as he pulled out a long thin box from his pocket.

"I have something for you."

He reached out, to place it on my lap.

"Wow," I said, almost speechless. He then nodded at me to open it. I then pried open the box and out came a simple bracelet. It was a silver bracelet, elegant-looking, pretty and delicate. It had five pendants around it,  a tiny silver heart with a diamond inside. This is unbelievable.

I took out the bracelet from it's container to admire it in the moonlight. The diamond sparkled against the moonlight, light bouncing of it's smooth surface.

"Thanks," I started. Then I turned to look at him, tears glistening in my eyes for reason I too cannot fathom. "Thanks Donghae, you don't know how much this means to me."

Then with that he pulled me into a tight embrace, his warmth slowly spreading to my body.

"I've given you five hearts," he said as he hugged me. "It's not too much to ask for one from you, right?"