Chapter 23

What If

In Kona Beans:

Jiyoo's POV

The week has been so full of drama what with the issues on going between Yoomin and Donghae, with Yoona-the- and Sungmin-the-popular-dude. Like as if the problem was not complicated enough with Donghae and Yoomin not talking for almost a month now. Yoomin was in a daze most of the time and hardly spent lunch period with us. I even honestly miss her snarkiness and sarcasm. 

I sipped my Cafe Latte absent-mindedly. I'm with Eunhyuk at Kona Beans. He finally decided to help me with some of the pairwork for Legal Comm class. At the same time, he was waiting for Seonhee to knock off work. I have a strong feeling he wasn't here at Kona Beans mainly to do the project but to be with Seonhee. 

Well, for one thing, everytime she passed by our table, he will look up from our work and both of them with smile at each other. Seonhee even almost spilled the cappucino on one customer because Eunhyuk winked at her. 

I shook my head at the love birds. Seonhee walked to our table and smacked Eunhyuk with her tray, while Eunhyuk grabbed her waist to make her sit beside him. I face-palmed myself at having to see this exchange of affection. 

 

"Seriously, you two," I said, shaking my head, while trying to finish up the sentence of the paragraph on our pairwork essay.

"Get a room already."

As expected, I was ignored by the two. I don't know how Seonhee never got scolded for coming over our table more than brewing coffee and serving customers. I'm seriously amazed. 

Just then, my handphone vibrated on the table. I looked at the screen for the caller ID, it was Siwon.

Seonhee, who peeped over my shoulder (I don't even know how she got off Eunhyuk's place so fast) and poked me on the shoulder, before walking back to Eunhyuk's side.

I rolled my eyes at her and picked up the call. I don't want him to think that I was ignoring his calls...

"Hi Mr Siwon?"

I noticed Eunhyuk's eyes open wide.

"Hey," his voice, ever so manly, spoke out. I felt the hair on my skin stand up, just his voice makes me go all so weak..

"You..."he paused. "Wanna go have dinner with me? I'll send you home."

"Yeah, su-su-sure," I stammered. I could feel Seonhee and Eunhyuk watching me. Like I'm not nervous enough. And excited...

Seonhee grabbed my phone and squealed saying, "Fetch her here at Kona Beans. She will see you in 10minutes sir."

And then she hanged up. I swear I could have murdered her right there. If not for Eunhyuk being there, Seonhee would have lost all her hair from me already. When I have finally calmed down, i started panicking over how I look. I mean, come on, I've spent the whole day in school and I bet I smell worse than a pig pen. The least I could do was go back home and at least get a bath before meeting him. And because of Seonhee, I don't even have time to freshen up. YAHHHHHH!!

 

Eunhyuk raised his brows at me and said non-chalantly, "Didn't know there was something going on between you and Mr Siwon. Isn't he too old or something?"

I started packing my stuff, shoving pens, paper and what-not into my bag.

"One thing, eunhyuk, you're hardly in class. Second, Siwon is only 21! He is not old!"

Eunhyuk and Seonhee looked at each other, eyebrows raised and smiled teasingly at me.

 

"Hey," Siwon arrived and Eunhyuk and Seonhee just burst into quiet fits of laughter.