Chapter 55

What If
Chapter 55

Yoomin's POV

When we have finally landed in japan, we were fetched by a coach bus from the airport to our hotel.

Once at the hotel lobby, Ms Ukiro spoke for a few minutes to the receptionist to check us in and collect the room keys.

Turning around, hands full of tiny rectangular cards (perhaps containing the room keys), she spoke in her fluent Japanese.

"I shall hand you your room keys now," she began, her voice loud but a little strained. "Kim Ryeowook. Choi Soonyang."

And this went for a few minutes, announcing pairs after pairs.

Then finally, "Lee Sungmin. Lee Yoomin."

Sungmin, who was squatting on the floor, looking absolutely bored to death, stood up and took the keys from Ms Ukiro.

"Okay, so now that rooms have been settled, you guys can retire to your rooms first and then in 2 hours time we meet up again at this same lobby alright? My room is at 1213, so if there's anything..."

The rest of the students started to move off even before she finished her sentence, lugging their baggages behind them, face wearing a tired look.

I tried to pull my luggage as well and proceeded to follow behind Sungmin and the rest towards the elevators. When the elevator had arrived, a third of my class (about 8 along with luggages) had managed to squeeze in that tiny elevator.

When it reached the thirteenth floor, Sungmin tugged at my arm.

"We're here," he said, squeezing himself through the rest of our classmate to go out of the elevator.

After turning to his left, he stopped infront of a door.

1315.

He held the key in his hand, about to insert it into the automatic lock, but stopped midway and turned to look at me, a playful smirk on his face.

"I had a sudden idea," he said.

He inserted the key and opened the door. I was about to go into the room with my luggage but he held an arm at the door, blocking the way. He then began advancing towards me.

"Wha-What?" I asked, a little alarmed. I held my arms infront of me, ready in combat if he attacks me. But he continued to slowly, step by step, close the distance between us.

"Doesn't this feel like those newly married couples going for a honeymoon?" he said, playfully, taking a handful of my black straight hair and smelling it.

I stepped back.

"What are you doing?" I spoke, my voice wavering.

A couple, caucasians, passed us by and looked on in curiosity at what was happening between us.

"We have to do it the traditional way, babe," he said in loud English, clearly wanting the foreigners to hear.

Then in one swift moment, he carried me into his arm bridal style, causing me to yelp loud and whack him on his arm to put me down. But he simply laughed and then quickly threw me onto the bed.

He was about to wrestle me and tickle me when he suddenly stopped.

I sat up straight and looked at him.

"What?" I asked.

He stared at me, head shaking.

"Don't you think something is wrong with this room?"

"Yah! Don't scare me ah," I replied, quickly standing up from the bed and gripping his arms tightly as I move close to him.

"There's only one bed."

We stared at each other then at the huge queen size bed that was in the middle of the room. It was huge and spacious and was covered by a faded golden quilt.

Quickly, I dove to the bed at the left side to grab the phone on the bedside table and dialed the receptionist's number.

"Hello? Yes? How may I help you?"

"Sorry, this is room 1315. We're supposed to have 2 single beds here but we only have one queen size. "

"Oh about that," the lady said, uneasily. "We don't have enough single beds to accommodate the demand. We're very sorry."

Slowly, I put down the receiver.

Sungmin who had sat down beside me on the bed, looked at me.

"What did they say?"

I shook my head. Of all people to get this room, it had to be us!! Why!! Trust the school to get a cheap hotel.

I slumped myself on the bed stretching my arms.

"We have to make do with what we have."

.

At Siwon's house

Jiyoo's POV

"ARGH!" I shouted in frustration, crumpling the piece of paper in front of me.

I have been on this essay question for hours after hours, tearing sheets after sheets of paper, never satisfied with the work I have done.

I am studying at Siwon's house today. Both of my parents have left for Taiwan for some business meeting and I'm very certain that the either the bed or the computer will be calling me. I won't be able to study on my own.

"What is it again?" Siwon asked patiently, standing up from his bed and walking over to stand by me infront of his study table.

"I just can't do this, it's totally pissing me off already," I said, pulling at my already super messy hair.

"Hey hey hey," he said, holding my arms, stopping me from pulling out my hair. Then he squat down on the floor and looked up at me, his grip still on my arm.

"How about you go and bathe, while I go cook us some dinner?"

I looked up and bit my lips, pretending to think it through first.

 

"Hmm," I began, looking down at him. "Sounds like an idea."

"But I haven't got clothes," I remembered as I stood up to tidy the study table I have messed.

"Well you can always borrow some of my own clothes whichever you prefer," he said as he threw his book down on the bed and proceeded to the kitchen to begin cooking.

"Alright then," I said, opening up the  huge wardrobe in his room. It was lined with his long-sleeved polos, ironed straight and crisp. On the other door of the cabinet were his shirts, shorts, pants and jeans.

I searched through his whole cabinet, practically overturning his drawers in search of a shorts that I could fit in. But I found none.

Maybe, I could wear his shirt as a dress, I thought, and searched for a shirt long enough. But I found only shirts big enough but none long enough that barely cover half my thighs.

"I might have to make do with this one," I told myself, pulling out a pale pink long-sleeved polo.

Hmm, that should do, I thought to myself as I proceeded to the bathroom toilet to wash myself up.

When I was done, I put on the pink long sleeved that hang down like a dress, I then folded the sleeves up just below my elbow to make it look less huge on me. I looked at myself in the mirror, a girl in a long pink polo shirt.

I then towel-dried my wet hair and walked out of the bathroom to the living room. I could vividly catch the smell of fried eggs and I felt my stomach grumbled with hunger.

I walked out of the room and half-skipped towards the kitchen. I stood at the door of the kitchen, watching him in his green apron. Watching him, a man well-toned and so handsome, cook, is enough to make me laugh. It was quite a sight really, especially when accompanied by his green apron.

He jumped a little when he heard me laugh.

"You scared me," he said, smiling as he continued to cook. He then noticed the clothes I was wearing and was eyeing me up and down.

"My polo shirt?" he asked, smirking in amusement.

I walked towards him to wrap my arms around his waist when the door bell suddenly rang.

"Get the door for me babe?" he asked, turning his head to the right to look at me. He kissed me on my forehead before I ran off to open the door.

"That must be the grocery delivery," he shouted from the kitchen.

"Coming," I shouted.

Grabbing the knob of the door, I pulled it open to reveal a middle-aged woman, with hair in a tight neat bun with long sleek strands down at the side. Not a strand out of place. She was wearing a white business suit with a white pencil cut skirt and power heels. She carries a beige Burberry purse in her hand while another lady, her assistant perhaps, was carrying a huge brown Louis Vuitton bag and stacks of paper on top of that. The assistant's hair was in a mess and her spectacles were lopsided. She was the total contrast of her boss.

The woman was the epitome of discipline.

The moment I opened the door, before I could even take in all of her, her words shocked me like I could never imagine.

"Who are you?"

*****************************

Deeply apologise... My two new chapters were deleted during that website breakdown last Monday

Good thing I've back up! So here's the missing chapters!