Best Friends

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

Sixteen Years Ago

The Queen smiled at her sister who had arrived. She didn't question why her sister came all of a sudden. Her older sister Ji Hae was known to get into trouble all the time, and being the younger sister, she didn't want to probe.

The Queen smiled at her young niece. "Hi Jihyun!" she waved. "You're much bigger than I last saw you!"

The three year old toddler looked at the Queen with greed, and attempted to grab at the Queen's ruby necklace. Lady Jung held her daughter back. "Aww Jihyun, don't take things that aren't yours yet."

A chill ran down the Queen's spine. *Yet?*

Lady Jung smiled at her younger sister. "You look fine Ji Min ah. Where's the King?"

The Queen gave a small wistful smile. "He's in a meeting with the advisors now. He'll come over for Jaekyung later. He's a good father in this aspect."

Lady Jung scoffed silently. *Good father? I'll make sure you lose everything, dear sister.* She looked around for the princess. "Speaking of Jaekyung, where is she? Has her powers shown yet?"

A secretive smile appeared on the Queen's face as she led Lady Jung and Jihyun into the nursery. Jaekyung was playing with a Teddy bear when guests appeared in the room. "Ummaaaa!!" Jaekyung beamed.

Jihyun took an instant disliking to that child. Why was it that Jaekyung could smile happily like that? Jihyun didn't smile much, her own mother didn't provide much reason for her to.

The Queen carried Jaekyung up. "Actually she does have powers. I just discovered it yesterday and I already told the King I would show it to him today." she smiled gently at her daughter. "Her power, is everything.

Lady Jung twitched. "What do you mean everything?"

The Queen smiled. "Everything. Every single power known, it is hers. Her power is so great, I have no idea what limits there are. I'm just as shocked, but this is great news. She'd make a great Queen after me."

"I don't think so."

The Queen stiffened. "What do you mean, Ji Hae?"

Lady Jung smirked as she held out a black gem ring and pointed it in the Queen's face. "Because I'm about to take it away." she announced.

The Queen gasped as Lady Jung began chanting a series of unknown mutterings under her breath. The former felt herself getting weaker and weaker, until she collapsed on the floor. Lady Jung cackled and took another ring out, directing it at the two year old Jaekyung.

"What are you doing!" The Queen shrieked and tried to use her fire power to blast Lady Jung away. But nothing came.

Lady Jung smirked smugly. "You were doing this?" she blasted a fireball towards the Queen, which the latter barely avoided. "How?" The Queen asked.

Lady Jung grinned as she extracted all the powers from Jaekyung. The second ring was passed on to Jihyun and the little girl had fun playing with her hair with electricity from her fingertips. "I took them." Lady Jung said simply. "And it isn't all. I'm taking your place as well. Run with your poor daughter while you can, my sister, before I report to the advisors and the king that their Queen and Princess fooled the nation, and are in fact powerless."

The Queen gasped and gathered Jaekyung in her arms. She ran as fast as she could, only to see assassins already catching up with them.

She shrieked and went into the servant's room. Mr and Mrs Lee, her trusted servants looked shocked to see her. "My Lady?" Mrs Lee gasped.

The Queen placed Jaekyung into Mrs Lee's hands. "Tale care of her for me, please. I can't explain. I need to run now." she caressed Jaekyung's cheek softly and pecked her forehead one last time before running off.

Loud explosions began ringing throughout the building. It was horrifying. Mr and Mrs Lee ran to the backyard where their son Chunji was bound to be playing. Five year old Chunji was cowering at the corner in fear when he saw his parents. "Umma Appa!! What happened!"

Mrs Lee placed Jaekyung into Chunji's arms. "Take care of her, Chunji, even if it's the last thing you do. She's the princess and her name is Lee Jaekyung. Protect her, remember that."

His parents ran back into the burning building. "Umma Appa! Where are you going!" Chunji screamed.

Mr Lee looked back at his son. "We'll come back soon, Chunji. Soon!"

Chunji watched as his parents went back into the dangerous explosive scene. He looked down at the girl in his arms. He himself was crying because of the explosions and chaos, but this girl looked up at him with large round, bright orbs, staring curiously.

Chunji softened and hugged her tight. "I'll protect you, Lee Jaekyung."

---

Jaekyung woke up to find herself in L's comforting arms. He was sleeping peacefully, his chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm. She smiled softly and pecked his cheek, getting up quietly.

She saw Chunji standing outside the hut, looking up at the trees. "Chunji Oppa." she called softly.

Chunji looked surprised to see her. "You're awake already, Kyunggie? Thats surprising." he chuckled.

Jaekyung rolled her eyes and went to stand by him. She watched the plants and animals. "If I had all my powers, I'll be able to make these plants grow faster, I'll be able to talk to the animals." she whispered.

Chunji looked down at her. "Not only L."

Jaekyung raised a brow. "Eh?"

Chunji smiled and squeezed her hands softly. "We'll all help you get that ring back." he assured. "Both Jihyun's ring and Lady Jung's. All of us will. Not only L."

Jaekyung softened. "Thank you Chunji Oppa." she said softly. "Not only for this, but for everything. For not abandoning me even though you were only five at that time. For standing by my side all this time. For being Chunji Oppa."

Chunji chuckled and ruffled her hair. "And you'll forever be my Kyunggie. Best friends?" he held out his pinky.

Jaekyung laughed and hooked her pinky with his. "Best friends." she affirmed.

Chunji sighed in content as he watched the sun rise. *Best friends. That's all we'll ever be.*