Christmas Eve

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

Jaekyung knew that she was dreaming. Everything was in a dream like state, but she just couldn't get herself to wake up.

She was standing outside a church, waiting for the doors to be opened. There was a handsome man standing beside her, and with a closer look, Jaekyung found that it was Chunji.

"Why are you wearing a tuxedo, Chunji Oppa?" Jaekyung asked.

Chunji in her dream just smiled and held out his hand. Jaekyung shrugged and put her hand in his, just before the doors to the church opened. Jaekyung gasped.

The whole church was filled to the brim with people she knew. The f(x) girls, the Infinite boys, the children at the orphanage and the Eatery's Ahjusshi. They were looking at her with happiness shining in their eyes, shouting congratulations to her.

It took Jaekyung a few seconds to realise that it was a Wedding. It was her Wedding.

She looked down at herself and saw that she was already dressed in a stunning wedding dress. *I'm getting married!* she gasped in her mind. Even though she was that stubborn men-hating Jaekyung, she was still a girl and she had her fantasies about her wedding. She was elated to see her dream wedding, even if it was just in her dreams.

She looked ahead and noticed a man waiting for her at the end of the aisle by the altar. She couldn't see his face, but his sihlouette already told her that he was one gorgeous man. She inched nearer to him, wanting to make out his face, wanting to guess his identity, when...

"Jaekyung ah, are you up yet?"

Jaekyung opened her eyes slowly and found herself starring into the face of L. He was strikingly similar to that man in her dreams, she realised. She shook her head, finding the thought amusing and struggling to sit.

"Myungsoo Oppa?" she croaked.

L helped her sit up and she realised that a jacket fell off from her. She picked it up and looked at him. "Is this yours, Oppa?" L nodded and put it on her shoulders again. "Wear it, it's cold here. I'm trying to get a fire started."

Jaekyung saw a pile of wood in front of them, and how L was trying to start a fire using friction. She looked around the storehouse and saw skiing equipment around with some unwanted hay. Her eyes widened when she saw a body laying on the floor. "Kim Yongchul?" she gasped at that knocked out man.

"So that's the bastard's name?" L growled. "He's lucky I decided not to kill him."

Jaekyung turned her head back to L. "So it wasn't a dream?" she muttered. "I thought I was dreaming when I saw you come just before i passed out. I thought I was really going to fall into Yongchul's hands tonight." she shuddered at that thought.

L softened, noting her fear. He pulled her by her shoulder towards him and nestled her head against the crook of his neck. "You're safe now, that's all that matters." he whispered softly. "I'm sorry I took so long. I was just stoning around at the top of the hill, and I was almost going to ski down that slope when I heard you screaming my name. I'm glad I came in time." he sighed in relief as he rested his chin against the top of her head.

Jaekyung felt her eyes water at the concern in his voice. He was still so worried about her even after she accused him of everything, what did she do to deserve such a great friend?

"I'm sorry Myungsoo Oppa.." she whimpered softly. "I know everything now. I wronged you."

L stiffened. "What are you talking about?"

Jaekyung lifted her head to look at him in the eye. "Jung Jihyun tricked you into this marriage. You didn't love her, that's why you have to go on these dates and everything to find a triple powered girl you love instead of that ." she searched his eyes. "Why didn't you tell me, Myungsoo Oppa?" she croaked. "Don't you trust me?"

L wiped her tears away tenderly. "I trust you Jaekyung." he whispered. "I trust you too much. That's why I know being the strong-headed girl you are, you will do everything you can to get back at Jihyun. But that's too risky, I can't have you go against one of the most powerful woman on this land."

"Myungsoo Oppa-" Jaekyung opened to protest.

"Shh." L put a finger to her lips. "Since you know the whole truth now, I want you to promise me that you will NOT to anything about it. Just treat it like a story and forget about it."

"But if we can just get hold of that whole video tape of Jihyun pretending-" Jaekyung started.

L shot her a look. "How are you going to do that?" he questioned. "Sneak into her house? That's too dangerous, Jaekyung. She can burn you into ashes in an instant. Just let me use the mellow method of finding another girl alright? I'm sure I can find one within this month."

Jaekyung sighed as she lowered her gaze. She felt so useless, but she knew it was what L wanted and she couldn't really defy his wishes since he asked. "Fine." she agreed grudgingly.

L found her pouting face rather amusing and bit back a chuckle. How often had he been smiling and laughing because of her since she came into his life? More often than what the emotionless L in the past would have, obviously.

L felt her shiver against his chest again and he frowned. "Are you still cold?" he asked worriedly. "I should get the fire started soon." his arms left her waist and Jaekyung almost whined at their loss.

He tried rubbing the pieces of wood together to get a spark but none came. Jaekyung laughed and took it from him. "Let me do it Oppa." She took the wood and soon, a blazing fire was warming the small storehouse.

"You're amazing." L raised his brows.

"Thank you." Jaekyung beamed, warming her hands by the fire. She looked over at Yongchul who was still unconscious. "When do you think he'll wake up and we can get out of here?"

L frowned. "Even if he wakes up, we can't get down since the gondolas are already closed. We have to stay here the whole night." he told her. He pinched the top of her nose affectionately. "Looks like you have to spend your Christmas Eve with me!"

Jaekyung blinked. "Christmas Eve?"

L gave her a look. "Don't tell me you forgot!" he exclaimed. He looked at his watch. "In two minutes, it'll be Christmas already." he looked at her utterly surprised face and laughed. "You really forgot, didn't you!" he poked her forehead.

"Not my fault!" Jaekyung pouted. "I was too upset over the fight to notice anything else."

L saw her guilty expression appearing and was determined to keep it away. "Let's make a wish." he said suddenly.

"Huh?" Jaekyung blinked at him.

L smiled charmingly. "When it strikes 12, let's make a Christmas wish towards the stars." he opened the window, letting a chill in. "How about it?"

Jaekyung nodded excitedly and put her hands together.

They looked at L's watch intently, counting down the seconds.

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one!" Jaekyung squealed and immediately shut her eyes, concentrating on her wish.

*My wish this year,* Jaekyung thought, furrowing her brows. *Is that Myungsoo Oppa will be able to get out of that Jihyun 's clutches once and for all, and that he'll be happy and safe forever.*

*My wish* L thought. *Is that something like tonight will never happen to Jaekyung again. I can't be there every time and I hope she stays safe. And always keep that smile on her face. Always.*

Both of them spent a good minute speaking their wishes in their minds before opening their eyes and smiling at each other. "Merry Christmas Myungsoo Oppa." Jaekyung beamed.

L smiled. "Merry Christmas."