The other couple band

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

FLASHBACK

"What do you mean I can't?" Jaekyung raged. "I don't want to continue with this mission! I can't work for that Jihyun anymore!"

The secretary of Lady Jung, the king's wife, shook her head. "You can't quit from a mission halfway, Jaekyung." she told her. "You have to prove that L is a cheater, or not. You can't just base on his words only. You can't quit the mission unless Jihyun decides to drop you."

Jaekyung stomped her feet angrily. she just received a message from Jihyun, complaining to her that L didn't want to spend Christmas with her, wanting Jaekyung to find out the truth or she'll banish L.

Jaekyung rolled her eyes and shut her phone, ignoring the message. *She's really a big fat liar.*

END OF FLASHBACK

Jaekyung huffed as she went into the office. She can't tell L that she's actually spying on him on Jihyun's behalf. It's against the rules, and she still wants to be a C.U.B. agent, just not for Jihyun.

She decided that she was just going to lie low for now, and try to put a good word for L in front of Jihyun, until L finds the girl he loves and get rids of Jihyun once and for all.

She entered the office and was attacked to the ground at once. "MERRY CHRISTMAS JAEKYUNG AH~" Yoseob chirped. "Where were you all throughout the holidays! I missed chuuuuu~~"

Jaekyung laughed. How typical of Yoseob.

"Yah! Get off her, you're suffocating her." L appeared out of nowhere and plucked Yoseob off Jaekyung. "Go do your work." L commanded.

Yoseob stuck out his tongue. "I'm your hyung mind you!" he protested, but he went back to work immediately.

L smiled down at Jaekyung gently and helped her up. "You're here." he said softly. "We have a lot to do." he sighed a little, glancing over to the high pile of folders that needed to be gone through.

"Then let's get started!" Jaekyung beamed.

L bit back a smile as he followed behind her. His bad mood from seeing the amount of work that was piled up over the holidays had vanished instantly when he saw her.

He wasn't aware that his good mood from seeing her was just about to meet it's downturn.

They were discussing the next meeting's report seriously. L suggested some points while Jaekyung pointed out what were lacking in his ideas and how to improve on them. They were working as a team like they always did. L found that he never worked with anyone else that well as compared to Jaekyung.

He suggested that they take a coffee break and he got up to grab them some coffee. Jaekyung yawned a little as she stretched her back and arms. Her long jacket slipped down her hands and revealed her wrist.

L noticed the Tiffany's bracelet he bought for her on her right wrist and smiled. His eyes landed on her left wrist and the smile was immediately wiped off his face.

She was also wearing the couple band Woohyun had given her. And he was sure as hell Woohyun didn't get the other couple band since he had been complaining about it all last night, making all the Infinite members lose their sleep.

*If Woohyun didn't get it, and I didn't get it....* he frowned. *Was the other couple band with her Chunji Oppa?*

"Oh you wore the watch I gave you!" Jaekyung noted, smiling. L nodded, forcing a smile. "I'm glad!" she beamed. "I'm wearing the bracelet you gave me too, Myungsoo Oppa! See!"

L nodded. *Yeah. But you're also wearing a couple band together with some guy but I don't know who...Who the hell is that lucky bastard?!*




Jaekyung had gotten off work while L stayed a while, clearing the rest of the reports. The topic of the other couple band never left his mind. He was still wondering who was wearing it.

He was just about to go when he saw a familiar blue on Jaekyung's table.

*Her phone.* L realised. *With the Angry Birds cover I bought her.* he smiled a bit.

He took it and immediately drove to her house. This was another reason to see her, he could be late for his date today a bit, no biggie.




The door opened, revealing Jaekyung in a cute bunny apron. "Myungsoo Oppa!" she beamed, surprised.

L took in her sight. She was looking extremely cute with rosy cheeks a beads of perspiration that indicated that she had just emerged from the kitchen.

"Don't tell me you were cooking?" L raised his brows. "Were you trying to poison yourself?"

"Yah!" Jaekyung pouted. "I'm perfectly fine with cooking for myself thank you very much!"

L laughed as he fixed her bangs naturally. "Yeah yeah. Just need some medication ready at all times." he teased. His heart was beating fast, at an abnormally speed, but only normal around Jaekyung.

*What the hell is wrong with me?* L thought to himself.

"Who's there, Kyunggie?"

L narrowed his eyes at the other person in her house. It was that pretty boy again. Her Chunji Oppa. "Oh it's just Myungsoo Oppa!" Jaekyung beamed. She turned back to L. "Do you still remember Chunji Oppa, Myungsoo Oppa? He's my-"

"Yeah I do." L cut her off. He cleared his throat uncomfortably and handed her her phone. "You left your phone again."

Jaekyung gasped. "I'm sorry! I'm so careless." she frowned. "Thanks for making the trip here to return it, Myungsoo Oppa." she smiled. "Want to stay for dinner?"

L was about to accept when something else caught his eye. It was the other couple band. On Chunji's wrist.

L felt his heart sink, a deadly gnawing feeling at it's depths, ready to kill him with this uncomfortable feeling. He immediately shook his head. "No. I'm good." he replied coldly. "I'll get going now."

He turned without waiting for her goodbye, not wanting to see Chunji and her together. He took his phone out instantly.

"Hello? Is this Haneul? I'd like to call of tonight's date. I'm not feeling very well."