Patching up

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

L fidgeted on his seat after Jaekyung had gone to the delivery centre to collect that parcel. He had been waiting for her to return so that he could apologize for his rude acts.

He hated the tension between her and him, he really detested it. He never thought he would feel that uneasy just because a girl wouldn't talk to him. But with Lee Jaekyung ignoring him, he really felt like a part of him was missing.

After planning the whole speech of what he wanted to say in his mind, he glanced at the clock and was surprised to find that it was already time to get off work. His eyes widened as he glanced at her empty seat. *Did something happen to her? Why didn't she come back?*

With a panick-strickened expression, he rushed out of his office right into Manager Kim's. "Manager Kim! Something is wrong!" he shrieked in an exceptionally high voice. "Jaekyung is missing! She went out in the afternoon to collect the package but she hasn't returned! Something must have happened!!"

"Calm down L-"

"What if she got kidnapped on the way back?" L continued freaking out, his face turning paler and paler by the second. "What if she met some bad guys that tried to take advantage of her because she's pretty and all?" he gasped. "WHAT IF SHE'S BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGED OF RIGHT NOW!!!!"

"KIM MYUNGSOO!" Manager Kim hollered, effectively getting L's attention at last. She rolled her eyes at him. "She's alright. She came back two hours ago with the package."

L blinked. "She did?"

Manager Kim nodded. "Yeah." she eyed him. "Are you two fighting or something? She told me that she wanted to get off work early so I let her off for today. I thought she would inform you since you two are partners."

L lowered his gaze. *She left and she didn't tell me?*

Manager Kim chuckled at his fallen expression. "Go apologize or something. I'm sure Jaekyung isn't someone that bears grudges."

L bowed and went back to his office to get his stuff, getting ready to get off work. *It's not that I don't want to apologize.* L grumbled in his mind. *But I don't know how to. I can't just appear all of a sudden in front of her house! What excuse do I have?*

His gaze fell on her familar while iPhone that was left on her table a smile lit his face. "Bingo."




"Myungsoo Oppa?" Jaekyung let out a small gasp.

L smiled at her sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Hi Jaekyung ah." he murmured embarrassed. *Kim Myungsoo! What happened to that speech you planned before hand?*

Jaekyung was so surprised to see him, that her heart was racing at an abnormal speed. Surprise was what she assumed it was, and she took a step back. Her bare feet stumbled on her floormat and she fell abruptly, grazing her right knee against her metal shoe rack.

"Owwie!" Jaekyung whined.

L's eyes widened and rushed to her side, helping her up. "Pabo!" he chided softly as he helped her to her couch. "Can't you be more careful? Were you that surprised to see me?"

Jaekyung puffed her cheeks. *Yes.*

L frowned at her deep cut and got up immediately. "Where's your first aid kit?" he asked. Jaekyung pointed it out to him, and stared at him with a bewildered expression as he got out a piece of cotton to dab at her wound.

She winced slightly when the medicine came in contact with her wound and L frowned. "Sorry, I'll be gentler." he told her softly.

Jaekyung gulped as she watched how he carefully cleansed her wound and plastered a cute tweety bird band aid on her knee. He blew on it and smiled at it. "There, done." he beamed.

Jaekyung blinked. L chuckled at her confused expression and rearranged her bangs. "You're such a puzzle Lee Jaekyung." he mused. "Which healer can't heal herself?"

Jaekyung blinked again. L cocked his head to the side. "Did you turn deaf because of the fall?"

Jaekyung opened to speak but nothing came out. L frowned. "Did you lose your voice as well?" he panicked. "Oh . We have to get you to the hospital now!" He grabbed her wrist and was prepared to yank her out of the door when Jaekyung finally spoke.

"WAIT!" she shrieked. She eyed him confusedly. "What are you doing here, Myungsoo Oppa?" she glanced at the clock. "It's just after work now. Should you be on a date?"

L lowered his gaze. "I came to return you your phone. You left it at the office." he passed it to her. Jaekyung took it, her face falling. *That's it?* "Oh." she nodded.

"Then thanks." she muttered. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow at work then."

She turned to go back into her house when L grabbed on her wrist again. "I...I have something to say." L stuttered.

Jaekyung turned around curiously, seeing the almighty L stutter for the first time. He gulped and cleared his throat awkwardly. "I'm sorry." he mumbled.

Jaekyung took a sharp intake of breath. "What?" she gasped.

"I'm sorry." L repeated. "For calling you a . Because I know you're not. For not believing in you instead of what I saw. For assuming. For everything." He held her gaze sincerely. "I'm sorry Jaekyung."

Jaekyung softened and a small smile appeared on her lips. "Then I'm sorry too. You told me to believe that you weren't a conman, but when I saw you and that Suhee girl cuddling together in the middle of the street, I just...I just..." she bit her lips. "I just lost it." the last part came out in a whisper.

L chuckled and took her in his arms. Jaekyung stiffened in surprise. "Just believe me, Jaekyung ah." he told her pleadingly. "I don't contact those women once those dates ended. Suhee was a coincidence. I don't intend to contact them for their bodies or money or whatsoever. Believe me, Jaekyung."

Jaekyung softened and hugged him back timidly. "I believe you, Myungsoo Oppa."

 

---

Hi my lovely readers :DD

I'm here with a new fic! (again) Oh wells...

Dear Diary, Woohyun's a Jerk [CLICK]

It's a SHIN-finite fic (hehe sounds funny). So see you there!!