Her weakness

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

"Come on kids!" Head Mistress Im called. "Time for lunch!"

The children filled into the dining area in a flash, filled with squeals and excited screams when they saw L. "L oppa! L hyung!" they called. "You're back!"

L chuckled as he picked up one of the boys. "Yeah Donggie." he grinned at the little boy. "Did you miss L hyung?"

"YESSS!" The boy squealed. The other children cheered too, seemingly enthusiastic about their great L's arrival. Jaekyung watched in interest, not expecting L to be so well associated with children.

"Today L Hyung is here with a friend." L told them. "Say hi to Jaekyung Noona!"

Jaekyung waved cutely, ending with a little curtsy making L chuckle in response. "Waah noona you're so pretty!" Donggie blurted, making L poke the former's forehead.

Jaekyung grinned at them. "It's time for lunch kids! Want to try your great L hyung's cooking?" she asked. "YEAAHHHH!!!" the kids cheered.

Jaekyung laughed as she picked up the kids and helped them up the stools. She fed them one by one, ruffling their hair affectionately and occassionally complying to the kids' requests and kissing them on the cheek. She looked to be in complete ease at interacting with kids, and her eyes were twinkling with happiness watching the kids eat.

After lunch, Jaekyung handed out the books to the kids, relishing their happy and excited faces as they eagerly flipped through the pages. She let out a contented sigh, her smile never leaving her face.

L watched her from the sidelines, his eyes softening. *She must have been the reincarnation of Mother Theresa or something. She's so kind and pretty it's out of this world.* his own lips unconsciously curled into a sweet smile.

Head Mistress Im watched the both of them with a motherly smile of her own. *Myungsoo ah, I don't know why you engaged with that Jihyun girl when Jaekyung seems to fit you so much more. All I can say is to hope for things to turn out well.*

Soon, the day came to a close and it was time for L and Jaekyung to leave. Jaekyung couldn't help herself and let a tear roll down her cheek. She had enjoyed spending the day with these wonderful innocent children. "Can we come back sometime?" she whispered to L.

L smiled softly down at her. "I'll come anytime you want me to." he assured.

The Head Mistress Im walked towards them with a warm smile, embracing both of them. "Thanks for coming today." she breathed. "The books are going to entertain the children for a long time. And it's been so long since we had visitors, they were delighted."

"We'll come back soon." Jaekyung promised tearfully.

"BYE JAEKYUNG UNNIE/NOONA AND L OPPA/HYUNG!" the kids waved. "Come back soon!" some of the kids were waving with watery eyes, revealing reluctance. L and Jaekyung stepped out of the orphanage sadly, waving.

Donggie burst out of the doors, all of a sudden. "Bye L Hyung!" he cried. "Bye Jaekyung Noo-" he didn't get to finish when he tripped and fell on the rough rocky ground. Both L and Jaekyung immediately rushed to his side.

"WAAAAHH!! It hurts!" Donggie wailed. His knee was bleeding rather badly, and L was trying to block Donggie's view from seeing his own woung. He would just cry even more.

L turned to Jaekyung urgently. "You're a healer aren't you, Jaekyung?" he asked with hope in his eyes. "Help Donggie!"

Jaekyung stiffened. *.* was all she could think of. She didn't think she would encounter any injured people around L for her to have to use her fake powers. And she had already lied about healers not being able to heal themselves. What else is she able to say when a healer can't heal others as well?

"I-I can't." she whispered brokenly.

L frowned. "What do you mean you can't?" he asked puzzled. He tried pacifying the crying boy while looking at her. "Do it quick, Jaekyung! He's crying even harder now!"

Jaekyung's bottom lip trembled. *I can't! I have no powers! I'm just odd!* she couldn't take the stress and the sense of self-pity that suddenly rushed through her veins at that moment. She got up instantly and ran out of the premises of the orphanage.

L's eyes widened. *What?* He turned and saw Head Mistress Im coming to pacify Donggie instead. "I'll handle Donggie." she told him. "Find Jaekyung. Something's wrong."

He didn't need her to tell him a second time. He was out of the gates in less than half a second, running after the tiny silhouette of Jaekyung that had already gone quite a distance. "Jaekyung ah!" he called out urgently. "What's wrong!"

Jaekyung didn't respond and continued running. He could see her wiping away her tears as she ran, her brown locks slapping against her face. *. What the hell is wrong?* he cursed as he ran.

He caught up with her with more effort than he had expected he needed. He grabbed her elbow and yanked her to him. He was surprised to see the desperation and overwhelming sorrow in her tear-filled eyes as he turned her to face him. "What's wrong?" he whispered gently.

Jaekyung's body trembled as she continued sobbing. "I can't heal Donggie." she hiccuped between sobs. "I can't. I lied, Myungsoo Oppa. I can't do any of those."

L frowned. "What did you lie about, Jaekyung?"

"My powers." Jaekyung whispered brokenly. "I lied. I said my power was healing. But it isn't. I can't heal others, I can't heal myself. It was all a lie."

"Why did you lie?" L asked in puzzlement. He brushed her messy bangs gently, his brows furrowing in concern.

Jaekyung lowered her gaze. "To make myself seem normal." she continued. "I'm an oddball, Myungsoo Oppa. I'm the only woman in this land that doesn't have a power."

L's eyes widened. *Doesn't have a power?*

"I have no idea why it is like this." Jaekyung sobbed. "I hate myself for being like this. I don't mind having lame powers like breeze or dust. But at least I'm not odd like this! I hate lying that I have powers and having to worry about being exposed. Why am I like this!"

"Jaekyung ah." L softened, wiping her tears away with his thumb. "You're not an oddball. You're anything but odd."

Jaekyung shook her head stubbornly. "You have no idea how those kids laughed at me when they found out that I didn't have any powers." she choked. "I don't' even belong here. Why am I the only deficit here?"

L carefully wrapped his arms round her as he brought her head to rest on his chest. "You're not a deficit Jaekyung." he rocked her in a steady comforting rhythm. "You're special. You can glow brighter than the other women with numerous powers, even though you have none. You are even more than what they are, with all their powers added up together. You're Lee Jaekyung for a reason, and you don't need powers to make you what you are."

"Myungsoo Oppa..." Jaekyung sniffled. This has been her emotional barrier from the beginning. No matter what Chunji or the f(x) girls tell her about it, she would feel that sense of inferiority when she sees the f(x) girls play around with their power.

She felt like a deficit toy produced from a factory with numerous wonderful and perfect others.

"You're still amazing Jaekyung." L told her honestly. "Without powers, you're still the Lee Jaekyung that continues to amaze us with your kindness, enthusiasm, ability, and child-like smile. You have so much more to amaze us with Jaekyung, and you don't need powers to do that."

He chuckled as she looked up at him with her red nose and tear stained face, her innocent orbs looking at him curiously. "So don't be sad, because then your smile won't light up the world."

Jaekyung broke into a small smile.

No one has ever been able to break through that emotional barrier till now. With his gentle touch and heart felt words, L was the first to make her feel that it's alright being powerless.

She was Lee Jaekyung. She was amazing no matter she had ten thousand powers or none.

"Thank you Myungsoo Oppa." was the most sincere thanks Jaekyung had ever given anyone.