Away on a break

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

Jaekyung followed Woohyun's words.

If L chose to avoid her, then avoid him back. Although it was killing her inside, to want to see him, to want to ask what the hell was wrong, she didn't find him deliberately unless they met on the corridors.

He said little words to her, and she did as well, although her gaze couldn't help but linger on his handsome face longer than necessary.

She understood that if he was going through some troubles that needed to be solves by himself, she would give him the space to do so. Even if it made her feel terrible at the same time.

Unknownst to her, L was the one who couldn't stop himself from seeking her out even though he was supposed to be avoiding her. The day after a long day of manual work found him once again outside Jaekyung's house, watching the exterior.

He wondered how the date with Woohyun had went earlier that day, since Woohyun had been bouncing at breakfast excited about it. He wondered if she was already Woohyun's girlfriend.

He saw her coming back from the nearby supermarket with some groceries, and how her petite form was struggling to hold up all the bags.

He badly wanted to rush over to help her with those, but he couldn't give away his position. It would just evoke more questions to be asked.

He saw her cheeks rosy from the exercise as she pushed through her door and went inside. He guessed that she bought that much food for the New Year celebration that was happening in four days.  L bit his lip. *Would she invite me to the New Year's celebration, I wonder..*

His phone vibrated and his face lit up. It was a message from the girl he was stalking, herself.

To: Myungsoo Oppa

Hey Myungsoo Oppa. We haven't talked much these few days right? :"(

Just kidding. Although I'm rather confused as to why you're behaving like this, I'm sure you have your reasons. I'll wait patiently till you solve your problems and return to me as that adorkable Myungsoo Oppa you once were.

I was just shopping for groceries in preparation for the New Year's Celebration, and I was wondering if you want to come to my house on New Year's Eve?

The rest of Infinite can come too. F(x) and Chunji Oppa will be here. (Tell that to Sungyeol)

I hope you'll be coming. I want to countdown to next year with you. :D

From,
Jaekyung

A soft smile appeared on his face.

*I want to spend New Year's Eve with her too..* he thought tenderly. He nodded as he replied a yes.

He was going to have to disappear for a while before then. A few days to sort out his feelings, if he really did love her or was it only just a crush.

And if he did love her, he would have to decide if he was going to return to her as a man who loved her, or a man who decided to forget about his love for her.




Another shock awaited Jaekyung the next day at work. She was initially rather elated that L had agreed to spend the New Year's Eve with her three days from then, but she soon found out that he had taken the rest of the days that year off.

He was gone without a trace, leaving work like that irresponsible brat he wasn't.

And he didn't even say goodbye. Jaekyung called up all the Infinite members at once, but all of them were as puzzled about it as she was. They weren't lying when they said they didn't know where L was, especially when Sungyeol screamed in horror. That couldn't have been fake.

But Sunggyu assured that L would come back, since he had already promised to spend New Year's Eve with her, he would. She would just have to wait.

But it bothered her. What was it that impacted L so much that he had to make such drastic measures? All s had said the same thing.

He needed to think. It was going to concern the rest of his life so he needed to sort things out.

But what the hell was it about! Jaekyung wanted to know desperately, and she was having a tough time not tearing all her gorgeous hair out.

She was interrupted from her thought when the door to her office burst opened suddenly and a woman strode in rudely. Jaekyung's eyes widened. "Jihyun..."

Jihyun looked around and pursed her lips irritably. "So L oppa really disappeared?" she asked. "Where the hell is he? How can he go without even telling his fiance?"

Jaekyung frowned at the last word. "Well, the rest of the Infinite members don't know as well. I don't think he meant to keep it from you if he didn't tell s as well."

Jihyun huffed in anger. "What can't he tell his future wife!" she snapped. "It's ridiculous! And I asked him over to my place for New Year's countdown, and you know what? He rejected! And to think there's only two weeks to our marriage!"

Jaekyung stiffened.

L had agreed to spend time with her instead of his fiance. Did that mean anything?

A gentle smile appeared on her face. Jihyun unfortunately saw and grew irritated. "And what are you doing!" she hissed. "You're C.U.B's top agent and you can't even keep track of your suspect! You haven't given me any constructive information at all, about L oppa! Evidence that he's cheating or not!"

Jaekyung glared at Jihyun, making the latter take a step back in surprise. "You know very well he isn't cheating." Jaekyung hissed. "And if he is, you should know better why he would do it. Love wasn't present in the first place."

Jihyun frowned. "What are you talking about?" she snapped.

Jaekyung realised she said a little too much. "Nothing." she shook her head. "I'll try to find evidence of L cheating soon. Although I don't really think he is. Have a good day, Jihyun."

Jihyun rolled her eyes and stalked out of the office. Good thing she didn't think what Jaekyung blurted was suspicious or anything.

Jaekyung sighed. *Myungsoo Oppa...where are you?*