Sightseeing

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

By the time Jaekyung reached the Gwangju factory, L was already almost done with his assessment of the factory. He was only left with the printing department, and had taken a lot of important notes that were to be included in their report later.

"Supervisor Shim! Myungsoo Oppa!" Jaekyung ran to him, her face flushed from running. Supervisor Shim raised his brows interested. "Yesterday you two were biting each other's heads off and today you're already calling him Oppa?" he chuckled. "Should I get your invitation to your wedding tomorrow then?" he joked.

"Supervisor Shim!" Jaekyung pouted. She beamed at L and looked around. "You're already done with your inspection?" she asked as she studied his notes.

L smiled proudly and nodded. "Yeah. We only have the report left to do, and we can have the day free."

Jaekyung let out a small squeal that was not in character with her usual professional self. "Okay! Let's get started now!" she hurried. "I wanna go to Yangdong Market, and World Cup stadium, and the gwangju Museum of Art!"

Both L and Supervisor Shim chuckled. "Have fun looking around today. I'll see you sometime soon when I go to Seoul to present our profit presentation." Supervisor Shim patted L's back. L bowed respectfully and went after Jaekyung, amused.




"YES! We're done!" Jaekyung pumped her fists in the air as she typed the last word. They had finished the report in record breaking time, and L stretched his back as he glanced at his watch.

"It's just lunch time now." he noted. "We can go for lunch and then look around this place." he flashed a smile. Jaekyung nodded excitedly and picked her bag as she hopped out.

They grabbed lunch at the nearby restaurant, with Jaekyung gobbling down everything much to L's amazement. Despite eating at such a fast speed, she still looked exceptionally beautiful and many other men around were looking in her direction.

"Let's go to the Mt. Mudeung first! I wanna see the scenery!" Jaekyung suggested.

L chuckled and went along with her suggestion. He had gone to Gwangju for a few times since the planning of opening the new factory and wasn't really interested in sightseeing anymore. But seeing Jaekyung getting excited like that made him look forward to the things he had seen, too.

They arrived at Mount Mudeung after a two hour ride and Jaekyung hopped out of the truck, her eyes wide as saucers. She took a deep breath and smiled. "This place is so beautiful." she gasped.

And indeed it was.

AG5_20110218132337.jpg

L looked around and began appreciating the scenery, noting how he didn't seem to like it as much when he came the first time. He saw Jaekyung beaming and looking around excitedly like a young child and softened. *It must be because of her enthusiasm that had affected me too.*

Jaekyung began snapping numerous pictures, but none of them featured any person in them. L took the camera from her, making her blink at him. "I'll take you in the pictures, if you want." he offered.

Jaekyung bit her lip. "I...I don't want to." she muttered.

L didn't understand. "But if you look at those pictures, you'll be reminded of this trip to Gwangju. Why not?" Jaekyung twisted her lips. *Because I never take a picture when I'm with one of my suspects. It reminds me of them.* she thought silently.

"I don't look good today." Jaekyung fibbed. She took the camera from his hands. "I'll take the scenery instead."

L shrugged as he walked along with her. He could feel her enthusiasm while snapping the pictures, and he didn't understand if she thought the scene was so pretty, why didn't she want to take a photo with it.

*She would steal all the limelight from the background if she took the picture.* L thought silently. *She would light up the entire background. If she doesn't want to take one, I will.*

He secretly took out his phone and angled it such that it popped out of his pocket discreetly. He snapped numerous pictures of Jaekyung as she stared in awe at the scenery, smiling and laughing. He browsed through the pictures and smiled. *She's cute.*

After two hours of sightseeing, Jaekyung finally grew tired. L offered to buy her a drink and he went to the nearby convenience stall at the foot of the mountain. Jaekyung sat down on a bench and finally extracted her foot from her killer heels.

She couldn't believe that she had gone walking around the mountain in a pair of heels that she had worn to the factory for work. Her ankle felt sore and utterly worn out, and she only realised her pain just then. She had been to immersed with the scenery before to realise anything.

L returned and he saw her massaging her feet. He gasped when he saw her three inch high heels. *She walked around in that and she didn't complain at all?*

Jaekyung blinked when she saw L kneeling in front of her, his back facing. "What are you doing, Myungsoo Oppa?" she asked, puzzled.

"Get on my back, stupid girl." L chuckled. "You can't walk anymore if you wear those heels of yours. I'll carry you back to the truck and we'll get you a new pair of shoes in the Yangdong Market."

Jaekyung bit her lip, hesitant. She wasn't used to receiving help, especially from men. Was there a motive for his actions? Did he really want to help her or did he want something in return?

"Come on," L urged. "We don't have all day. We still have to get back to the hotel before the day ends."

Jaekyung discarded her suspicions and crawled on L's back, noting how broad and muscular it was. L bit back a laugh when he heard her take a sharp intake of breath when he stood up. "Why? Is this height too high for the stupid girl?" he teased.

Jaekyung growled softly. "I was just surprised when you suddenly stood up okay! I'm not much shorter than you!" she defended.

L shook his head in amusement as he carried her back to his truck. He made small talk, and noticed her replies were getting fewer and fewer. Till she didn't reply at all.

"Jaekyung ah?" L turned back when he felt the pressure of her head pressing against the crook of his neck. He smiled softly when he realised that she had already fallen asleep.

They reached the truck and he placed her gently on the passenger seat. L reached out to adjust her bangs gently and fix her seatbelt.

She looked absolutely angelic when she slept, with no hint of any of those doubts and insecurities she had when she was awake. She didn't look like a professional career woman, she didn't look like she could pick a fight with almighty L.

She looked like a child.

"Do all girls turn into angels when they sleep?" L murmured. He softly brushed his hand across her cheek.

"Because I hope my triple powered girl would be half as angelic as when you're sleeping." he whispered.

 

---

Hi my dear readers! I'd like some help. I'm having troubles deciding on who should be in my next fic, so can you guys please answer this poll?

(I didn't include SHINee because they'll be in the fic already. It's confirmed.)

http://micropoll.com/t/KEt4cZF2kt

Thank you :D