Her real past

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

"M-my m-mother?" Jaekyung stuttered as she took the letter.

Chunji nodded. "I was told by my parents to give you this letter when you're 20 in korean age. It's by your mother." he said. "Read it, Kyunggie. Then you'll understand."

Jaekyung took the envelope from Chunji with trembling hands. L rubbed her arms comfortingly as she took the letter out.

It was a little brown at the edges after sixteen years and Jaekyung opened it carefully. She bit her lips slightly before reading it out loud carefully.


Dear Jaekyung,

I am your mother.

I know it sounds absurd to you, after so many years of living and thinking that you're an orphan, you suddenly receive a letter from your mother.

I wonder if you hate me, as a mother. I haven't been there throughout your childhood, I haven't been there to watch you grow up. I regret it deeply and I spend all my days regreting it.

Yes I am still alive. And so is your father, Jaekyung ah. Read it well, and don't doubt it.

Your father is the King, Lee Il Hyun. I, your mother, is the past Queen, Jung Ji min.

You are of royal blood, Jaekyung. You are the rightful princess of this nation.

This must sound confusing, but please take it seriously. Beware of the woman that is beside the king now. Her name is Jung Ji Hae and she has a daughter named Jung Jihyun that's a year older than you.

They're the reason why I am no longer Queen and you are no longer a princess.

Jung Ji Hae is my sister. They are from the lands outside, the Land of Men. Yes there is a Land of men out there, where men have powers instead of women. Although we are sisters, I was blessed with three powers while Ji Hae doesn't have any.

That's why I'm in the Land of Woman while hse has to be in the Land of Men.

I don't know how she did it, but she managed to acquire this black gem that can the powers out of another. As long as you cast a spell on it, and the other party is blood related to you, you can the power out of her.

And that's what Ji Hae did to you and me.

They took all my powers and yours too. You were special, Jaekyung ah. When you just turned two, we found your powers. Instead of one two or three powers, your power was amazing and never seen before. You have a mixture of all the powers in the world. It was formidable. I still remember the day in your nursery where you managed to make it rain, snow, earthquake, and the metals around shiver all at the same time.

But when they took our powers, your unlimited power can only appear in it's limited form in Jihyun's body, since her body can't take all of it. She ended up with three of your powers only, while the rest of your energy is stuck in her ring.

My sister, Ji Hae took the rest of my powers.

That was the reason why we had to leave. She threatened to tell the King that we were powerless and have us hanged. She set the white house in explosions, saying I was the one who did it. But when I was bringing you out of the white house, she sent killers after us, trying to kill us.

I had no choice but to leave you in the hands of my trusted servants, the Lees, while I distract the rest of the assassins.

I hope you understand, Jaekyung. I hope you grew up well.

I'm telling you this so you won't be too curious about your past. Don't hate the King, he doesn't know anything about this. Don't put yourself against Lady Jung either, because it'll only endanger yourself.

I'm telling you this at this age because I figured you'd be old enough to understand, and I figured you need to know.

Whatever the case, remember. You're of royal blood, Jaekyung. Don't think down on yourself.

And remember, Umma will always love you.

Love,
Jung Ji Min, your Umma.


 

By the time the letter was done, all the girls were crying while the guys had tears in their eyes. Jaekyung looked up at Chunji, sobbing. "You know I was of royal blood, Chunji Oppa?"

Chunji nodded. "My parents were supposed to care for you, but they passed on in the explosions caused by Lady Jung. So I was responsible for you. You're the princess of this land, Kyunggie. Everything Jihyun has now, it's yours."

Jaekyung sobbed into L's chest. L her hair comfortingly, but his face was still shocked. *So my Jaekyung...she's a princess?*

"Myungsoo Oppa.."

"Hmm?" L responded tenderly.

"Help me." Jaekyung looked up at him. "I want to get everything back. I want to get my family back. I want to get my powers back. I want to be able to be with you openly. Help me, Myungsoo Oppa." her hands gripped his shirt tightly.

L nodded firmly. "We'll get them all back, baby. All of them."