His confession

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

For the day, Jaekyung kept trying to talk to L but failed terribly.

He seemed to be avoiding where she went, deliberately not meeting eyes with her, not going to lunch with her even though she asked. When they do meet however, L would find some lame reason to get away from her, always saying that he was busy.

She tried asking why he wanted to change departments, and he told her he wanted a change of environments.

Jaekyung couldn't understand any of it. L was working perfectly fine in his old department. He was good in what he was doing, which was planning and overseeing what others were doing. And not manual work of bringing books around and operating the printing machines.

He seemed distant, and always had a pained expression on his face when he saw her. His eyes always seemed confused, as if he was thinking about something puzzling and contemplating what he was to do.

She tired asking what the hell was wrong with him, but she was clearly not going to get an answer. So, she decided to turn to his good friend, and hers as well: Woohyun.

Woohyun lit up when he saw Jaekyung approach him, by the fountain. He was absolutely delighted when she called him up, saying that she had some things to ask him, and he immediately proposed a day out together. His sunny smile fell a little when he saw the worried look on her face. *What's wrong with her?*

"Woohyun Oppa." Jaekyung faked a smile. "I have things to ask you about."

*Is it about L?* Woohyun thought. He knew about it from Sungyeol, who had told Woohyun without L's knowledge. The Choding felt that it was necessary to let Woohyun know that L MIGHT have feelings for Jaekyung, since Woohyun himself was also attracted to the same girl.

Woohyun felt devastated at the news.

1. His buddy fell for the same girl he did.

2. His buddy will be banished if he really did fall for Jaekyung.

He didn't want to lose Jaekyung, and he didn't want to lose L as well. *So it's better if she went with me, isn't it?* he thought.

"Why don't we go have some fun before you ask me the serious things?" Woohyun beamed. "Let's go to the movies!!"

"Woohyun Oppa-" Jaekyung tried saying.

"Then let's go to the arcade after that!" Woohyun pulled Jaekyung along. "Come on! Chop chop! Don't waste any more precious time!" he beamed as he tried to convince her. Jaekyung shook her head in amusement and could only give in to the Namstar's aegyo.




Woohyun laughed. They were watching "The Apple of my Eye", a Taiwanese movie but with Korean subs, and it was indeed a good movie.

(A/N: I'm aware a lot of you aren't Chinese, but if you are, you should TOTALLY watch that show. The guy's really cute too :DD I'm guessing you'll know the show already since it's so popular, but i really really love it!!!)

The girls in the theatre were fawning over the male lead. He was really cute, not his face, just the way he acted as a rebel. It was insanely adorable.

However, much to Woohyun's displeasure, there were many scenes with the guy (*blushes at the memory*) since it was supposed to be funny. The girls started squealing when those scenes came up, and the guys guffawed.

Woohyun's hands immediately shot in front of Jaekyung to cover her eyes from those "dirty" images, when he realised that she wasn't even watching the movie.

Her eyes were downcasted, biting her lips in deep thought. She didn't even realise Woohyun was staring at her in concern, and her hands were fumbling with the handle of her bag. It seems like she was really in deep thought about something.

*Is it still about L?* Woohyun sighed. *Is he that important to her?*

He nudged her gently and her eyes found his. "The movie isn't good?" he asked softly. Jaekyung immediately shook her head. "No it's good. I'm just...tired that's all.." she told him. "From too much thinking." she whispered, but Woohyun caught it.

It hurt him that even when she was on some sort of date with him, she was still thinking about some other guy. And that other guy was his dongsaeng, his buddy.

Did he really stand no chance with her?




The movie ended and Woohyun led them to the water fountain where they arranged to meet in the beginning. Jaekyung looked at him curiously. "I thought you wanted to go to the arcade, Woohyun Oppa?" she asked.

Woohyun smiled softly and shook his head. "I figured some things needed to be cleared up." he bit his lip and held his breath. "I'll answer your questions in a bit but not before you hear what I have to say."

Jaekyung nodded and looked at him intently, trying to guess what it was. She would have never expected what he was going to say next.

"Jaekyung ah." Woohyun looked into Jaekyung's eyes sincerely. His hands found hers and held them tightly, never once breaking his gaze on her. "I know this seems sudden, but I can't keep it to myself anymore. I mean every word I'm about to say, and I hope even if this doesn't turn out as I want to, we'll be friends."

"Oppa?" Jaekyung managed to croak.

"I love you Jaekyung." Woohyun whispered, his eyes searching hers. "I've fallen from you the moment my eyes have found you. I love you."

Jaekyung took a sharp intake of breath as she involuntarily took a step back. "I...I didn't know..." she said softly, riverting her gaze.

Woohyun sighed when he saw her reaction. "Of course I didn't expect you to." he told her. "And I wouldn't be surprised if you don't like me back the way I like you. It's okay, Jaekyung."

Jaekyung's eyes were watery as she looked up at him. "I'm sorry oppa...I don't know what else to say..."

"That we'll still be friends?" Woohyun smiled goofily.

Jaekyung nodded and embraced him. Woohyun wrapped his arms round her and sighed in content. "Friends forever, Woohyun Oppa." she promised.

Woohyun smiled to himself, praising himself for letting his feelings out. First time he officially confessed to a girl and he got rejected, big deal.

Now there was a problem with his dongsaeng he had to deal with.

"And about your question." Woohyun interrupted. "You wanted to ask why L transferred departments right? And why he seems so cold and all."

Jaekyung nodded, curiously looking at him for answers.

Woohyun sighed. "I know why he's doing it but I can't tell you, Jaekyung. Only he can say it for himself." he told her. "But if you want to do something, there is something you can do for him."

Jaekyung perked up. "What is it?"

Woohyun nearly cringed at her enthusiasm to help L.

"If L avoids you, then avoid him." Woohyun told her. "Don't try to meet him. Just let it go."

Jaekyung furrowed his brows, pondering deeply with a pout. *Let it go? ...But I really want to know what's wrong. I guess if Myungsoo Oppa cools down a little, he'll return to the normal Myungsoo Oppa.*

On the other hand, Woohyun was busy studying Jaekyung's face. *Only when it's because of L will she be this worried and affected. It's bad enough that I'm heartbrokened, but when L gets banished or gets married, Jaekyung will get hurt too. Why must this be so complicated?*