Agreeable silence

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

"Humph!" Jaekyung and L eyed each other and turned away immediately.

The other co-workers who were working at the packaging section of the factory looked on amusedly at the limited interaction these two superiors from Seoul had. They had been on their cold war for more than five hours since they've started working, and had not improved from their cold war.

Unknownst to them, Supervisor Shim was looking on like the other co-workers, amused at these two youngsters.

"Don't you think they match each other very well, Supervisor nim?" one of the ahjuma workers asked.

Supervisor Shim chuckled and nodded his head. "They would work very well with each other if not for their stubborn characters." He commented. "I dare say that both their characters would compliment each other really well, though they may not know it."

"If you told them that, they'd throw that whole box of books at you. I swear." The Ahjuma chuckled and went back to work.

Supervisor Shim shook his head and continued with his report to the main office in Seoul. He glanced at the two of them one last time before looking away, amused. *I wonder how long these two would keep it up.*

...

Jaekyung's hands felt like their outer skin were going to crumble to pieces from the constant contact with the pages of paper. She sighed inwardly and cursed L for getting them into such trouble.

*If he hadn't been such an idiot, I wouldn't have gotten angry with him and we wouldn't be in such a mess!* she thought angrily. *This is all that conman's fault!"

"Stupid stupid stupid Kim Myungsoo..." she muttered under her breath.

Unfortunately for her, L heard and he shot her a glare. He found it extremely annoying that this girl that didn't even know him for more than two weeks began assuming that he was a conman and accusing him of cheating girls for money.

However, he couldn't tell her what was the reason for his going on such dates and all. One, it would sound awfully nonsensical. Two, he would be in deep if this somehow leaks to Jihyun.

But he didn't know why he somehow didn't want to bow down to this stubborn woman. Which was strange. L was someone with few words to someone he wasn't close to, yes, and sometimes a little hostile and cold.

But he would naturally give way to someone else, especially if the other party was a girl. He didn't like picking fights and chose to keep quiet about it, since young when he was still being bullied by others for being abandoned by his parents. But when it came to Lee Jaekyung...did he actually enjoy pissing her off?

"Stupid blind girl." L muttered.

Jaekyung heard and shot him a glare. "What did you say?" she seethed.

L looked at her innocently. "Nothing." he shrugged. "Nothing worse than what you said."

Jaekyung growled softly and her hands naturally clenched on the book she was holding on. One of the rough unpolished pages cut into her finger and she flinched. "Owwie!" she yelped softly.

L's gaze immediately snapped towards her in alarm. "What happened?"

Jaekyung hid her finger. "Nothing much. Just a paper cut." she mumbled and resumed working. Her fingers grazed cross the pages and left a line of red blood, staining the pages.

"Oh no!" she yelped as she frowned at the destroyed book. L took the book from her and set it aside. "It's spoilt!" she whined, obviously unsatisfied.

"It's just a book." L told her in an emotionless voice that hinted a tinge of worry. L sat beside her and observed her wound. He frowned. "Aren't you going to heal your wound?" he asked.

Jaekyung blinked. "Eh?"

L looked at her strangely. "You told me your power was healing right? Heal your wound." He urged. "It's got to hurt now."

Jaekyung mentally smacked herself. *How could I have forgotten!* She flustered inside but kept a calm expression. "My healing powers only work towards others and not to myself." she fibbed.

"Oh." L frowned. He looked at her. "Do you have a hanky or something like that?"

Jaekyung puffed her cheeks and nodded, getting her favourite hanky out from her bag. L took it wordlessly and began dabbing at her wound gently. He blew on it softly before wrapping her finger with her hanky.

Jaekyung blinked at how gentle he was, and how he really seemed to care. "That's my favourite hanky." she told him lamely when he finished and their eyes met. She didn't know what else to say. Thank you? She was Lee Jaekyung for god's sake.

L looked at her for a second before chuckling to himself, amused. "Then I'll get you a new one."

Jaekyung looked at her finger that had been delicately wrapped in her hanky, looking ridiculous, but at the same time warmed her heart a little. Jaekyung puffed her cheeks. "I don't need you to buy me anything." she retorted.

L raised his brows at her. She was being stubbornly cute, and the way she insisted on rejecting his help was somehow endearing to him. "And I could've managed my cut just fine too." Jaekyung added after an afterthought.

L chuckled, earning a curious look from Jaekyung. "What are you laughing at?" she narrowed her eyes at him.

"You." L said plainly.

"Me?" Jaekyung frowned. "You're laughing at me? I'm not even done being angry at you for conning girls and you're laughing at me? Are you courting death or something?"

L looked amused. "Do you like me or something then?"

"EHHHH?" Jaekyung choked.

L nodded as he tapped his chin thoughtfully. "You sure look like you like me." he commented. "It's rather smart, I must say. Not using that usual approach of being a fangirl and throwing yourself at me, and instead using the chance to pick a fight with me to get my attention. This is a new idea."

"I didn't-"

"And you were so bothered about me conning other girls." L continued. "Are you jealous or something? I knew it, you're like all the others. You like me don't you." L said plainly.

"I DON'T LIKE YOU KIM MYUNGSOO!!!" Jaekyung screamed, completely loosing her cool of her C.U.B. agent. She didn't lose her cool aften, especially in front of her suspects, but in front of L, it was a completely different matter.

"Oh so you love me?" L asked, completely enjoying her reaction.

"I DON'T LOVE YOU KIM MYUNGSOO!!!!" Jaekyung roared. "Don't think all the girls are your fangirls alright, because this one isn't! After I saw that file, you've just confirmed my theory that besides Chunji Oppa and Ahjussi, all men are scum! And you're the worst of all!"

"Not all men are like that, Jaekyung." L told her. "Besides your whatever oppa and Ahjussi, there are lots of men out there that aren't out for money and , but actually love. Don't let your stupid brain lead you into thinking otherwise."

Jaekyung eyed him. "Why should I trust the worst of all men?"

"I'm not a con man!" L sighed exasperatedly. "How many times must I say that? I didn't meet those girls for their money or their bodies or whatever. I'm not scum!"

"Then why did you meet them when you already have a fiancee?" Jaekyung asked, her curiosity burning.

L bit his lip. "I can't tell you." he whispered. He saw Jaekyung opening to protest and he cut her off. "I know it sounds ridiculous, wanting you to believe me that I'm not a con man, when I won't even explain, but please just believe me. I'm not doing those with ulterior motives, I am a victim myself, but I just can't explain. It's not as easy as you think. This concerns the happiness for the rest of my life."

Jaekyung saw how worry and exasperation flashed in L's eyes and she softened. "Is it that bad?" she whispered.

L raised his gaze to meet hers. "Yea." he nodded. "I'm under time constraint and... everything just ." he sighed.

Jaekyung pondered for a few minutes. "Fine. I believe you." Jaekyung finally blurted. L looked at her surprise, he never expected her to agree.

"I'll believe you for the time being until something else proves me wrong." Jaekyung continued wrapped the books, careful not to put pressure on her wounded finger.

L broke into a smile. "Thanks." he whispered back, continuing with his work as well.

Both of them went on working, but finally, the tension in the air was replaced by something else.

Mutual Understanding. Agreement. And...love?

L shook his head in amusement. *Love? It never hit me when I was with those triple powered women and it comes now? Hell right. What nonsense.*