Death Anniversary

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

The sky was a clear blue that day. The weather was awesome, autumn was nearing the end and it was slightly cold. The view outside was of trees, that showed their own beauty even when leaf-less.

Chunji was exceptionally silent that day.

Unlike his usual cheerful self, his usual smiling self, his usual happy get-up. Jaekyung noticed the differences, but she didn't probe any further. For she knew the reason for his odd attitude.

It was Chunji's parent's death anniversary.

Every year, she would accompany him to the graveyard to pay respects to his parents. On that day, Chunji would let out his tears that he kept for the past year. Jaekyung would make sure she stood by his side while he reminisced the days when he still wasn't an orphan.

"Kyunggie ah."

Jaekyung jerked out of her thoughts and turned to look at Chunji. He gave her a small smile, rare on such days. "The train's here."

Jaekyung nodded hurriedly and followed him into the cabin. They had brought flowers and fruits like every other year, not to mention his tears. They sat down on two of the seats, and Jaekyung just stared at the view outside, knowing that Chunji would like his peaceful silence.

The two women beside them began talking a little too loudly. "I'm so envious of your power!" one of them said. "Jaejoong was so stunned by your beauty yesterday when you appeared with flowers fluttering around you! If only my power was flower too!"

The other woman giggled. "You're not bad too." she grinned. "Your power of music complements well with your dear boyfriend L.Joe that loves to play the piano. You two are a match."

Chunji glanced over to Jaekyung worriedly.

Even though they always had these talks about her powers, or lack of, Jaekyung would always stiffen uncomfortably when she heard someone talk about this topic. It just reminded her that despite being the top agent of C.U.B., she still had flaws, and flaws that were so severe that if the King were to find out, she would be no more.

This was the Land of Woman, no matter what. Women with no powers would have to be punished severely.

Instead of the insecurity and sorrow he usually saw, Chunji was surprised to find Jaekyung still smiling at the scenery outside. Her eyes twinkled, her lips curled, seemingly recalling something pleasant.

*She got over it?* Chunji thought, surprised. Jaekyung caught Chunji looking and flashed him a smile, which he responded to. He felt comforted that one of her biggest insecurities of herself were overcomed.

*But I wonder how that happened?* Chunji thought curiously as he eyed Jaekyung beside him. She let out a small sigh as she recalled how L comforted her yesterday. *Yes Lee Jaekyung. You're still amazing.* she told herself.




Chunji had been five years old when his parents died.

They were both right-hand men and women to the past King and Queen. Chunji's father had been the King's personal assistant when they sorted out the country's matters. Chunji's mother, was responsible for making sure that the Queen's powers that made sure the country was safe, were working well.

They were important people, high ranked and well-respected.

Until they suddenly died one day.

It was this day sixteen years ago, that they had suddenly died a mysterious death. Many people died that day, it was marked the Black Day in history of the Land of Woman.

The White house where the royals were living in, were in chaos. Chunji remembered bits and pieces of that day, where there were loud bombs and magic in the air. Only women were capable of that.

Only powerful women like the Queen.

She had disappeared after that day, together with her daughter. It wasn't proven that the damage was done by the Queen herself, but there was no question about it. No other woman in the nation could get into the White House, AND had the such powerful powers to destroy as such.

The people had no doubt that she was behind the whole chaos at the White House on the Black Day.

She had killed numerous people, and it was a widely believed fact. Why else would she run away? Guilt and fear of being caught were the only reason.

She was not found there after. Disappeared without a trace. Leaving the country without a Female ruler, until Madam Jung, Jihyun's mother appeared. But that was a different story, she hasn't passed the tests given by the royal board of directors till now.

The past Queen was the one responsible for Chunji's parent's deaths.

And that was the day Chunji first met Jaekyung. She was pushed to him by his parents through the chaos as the White House shook and fire burst out from nowhere due to magic.

She had been two at that time, and utterly lost, but not a tear in sight.

Chunji watched as Jaekyung paid her respects to his parents, setting the flowers in front of their graves gently. His gaze softened as he recalled her face when she was still two. Her eyes were large, deep, endless orbs that bored holes into Chunji's own.

He marveled how she didn't cry even when the Oppa he was, being three years older, felt the urge of bursting into tears at the mess they were in. It was then that he had first fallen in love with Lee Jaekyung.

*You've grown, Kyunggie.* he thought tenderly. *You've grown up well. Umma Appa, I'll done a great job of supporting her along the way haven't I? Look how beautiful she is. I kept my word of protecting that girl you passed to me sixteen years ago, my last promise to the both of you before you left me forever.*

He watched as Jaekyung closed her eyes and prayed to his parents.

"But what would you have said if I told you that I not only protected her," Chunji whispered. "But fell for her as well?"