Best Friend Time

Catch-Unfaithful-Boyfriend.com

The weekend finally came. Jaekyung wanted to follow L if she could, but she didn't know where he lived and where he was so it wasn't possible, much to Chunji's relief.

She was still sleeping when it was noon and the sun was high up in the sky. Chunji went into her house with the spare keys he had and chuckled when he saw her still sleeping form.

*Why am I not surprised?* he thought amused. He watched her sweet angelic expression and softened. His hand automatically went out to curl a strand of hair behind her ear delicately. *She's still that sweet Jaekyung I've known all these years.*

He decided to give her another five minutes, before...

"LEE JAEKYUNGGGGGGG!!!!" Chunji screamed. "WAKE UP NOW!!"

Jaekyung stirred slightly. If there was any flaws about this top C.U.B. agent, it had to be that she could sleep right through a war.

Chunji shook her hard, but still gentle with his touch. "WAKE UP KYUNGGIE~" he whined. "It's already noon time! It's time to wake up!"

Jaekyung peered at him through half-lidded eyes. "Oh Chunji Oppa." she muttered. "Good morning."

Chunji chuckled and pulled her out of bed. He pushed her into her bathroom forcefully and shut the door. "Wash up andeet me downstairs." he told her.

Jaekyung was soon seen downstairs, looking fresh and sweet in a flowery dress she threw on carelessly. "Why did you wake me up so early Chunji Oppa?" she pouted.

Chunji chuckled and ruffled her hair. "It's best friend time!!" he exclaimed giddily. "I didn't have time for theist two weeks and you slept till late in the afternoon! What a waste of time!"

"It's called catching up with sleep." Jaekyung told him pointedly.

Chunji took her hand and led her out. "So this week, it's called catching up with best friend!" he chuckled.

They took a bus to town, before eating lunch (breakfast for Jaekyung) at their favorite eatery. They had gone to that eatery since they were young orphans and had bridged a food relationship with the Ahjusshi of the store.

"Ahjusshi!" Jaekyung called sweetly. Ahjusshi brightened when he saw both of them. "Jaekyung ah! Chunji ah!" he waved them over.

"Why didn't you two come for the past two weeks? I made kimbap specially for both of you!" he asked.

"Mianhae Ahjusshi, I had work." Chunji rubbed the back of his neck. "And because of that, I wasn't able to wake Kyunggie the pig up and let her sleep till late in the afternoon."

"Hey!" Jaekyung pouted.

Ahjusshi chuckled. "Okay okay. I made ddubokki this time. Sit over there! It's on the house!"

Jaekyung and Chunji chatted easily with the Ahjusshi while they ate, since it was past the lunch hour and there weren't a lot of customers. Ahjusshi was still forever curious about what Jaekyung's job was.

"What job is that exactly?" Ahjusshi pressed on. "Protects the welfare of women, punishes evil men, has a high pay and flexible working time. There isn't any job like that!"

Jaekyung played with her food anxiously and sent a helpless glance at Chunji. Chunji nodded and cleared . "Omo Kyunggie, we're late for the movie! We've got to go now!"

Jaekyung sprang up from her seat. "We'll be going now! See you next week Ahjusshi!"

Ahjusshi sighed and waved. He was concerned about Jaekyung's job, she was like his daughter. But if she didn't want to tell him about it, he didn't have a choice.

"Bye! Come earlier next week and maybe there'll still be kimbap left for you!" he waved.

Jaekyung hopped as she walked longside Chunji. "Thanks for saving me once again Chunji Oppa!" she beamed. "I don't know how many times Ahjusshi has asked about my job. I can't tell him!"

Chunji gave her a serious look. "Then don't be a C.U.B. Agent. Be something else and then you can tell him for real about your job."

Jaekyung pouted. "I don't want to. I like my job!" she protested.

Chunji raised a brow. "You like seducing men?"

Jaekyung threw him an exasperated look. "Not like that!"

Chunji sighed. "Yeah I know Kyunggie." he ruffled his own hair. "But I just don't like your job and you know it. I think I'd celebrate when you quit that job."

Jaekyung hugged Chunji's arm and put on her cutest expression. "Aww come on Chunji Oppa~" she whined. "Weren't we going to watch a movie? Let's go now!"

Chunji cast her a surprised expression. "Yah! I just told Ahjusshi that so he'd get off your back about your job! But I didn't get us tickets for a movie!"

"Then get us some now!" Jaekyung giggled and pushed him towards the cinema. Chunji chuckled at Jaekyung's childish behavior. When she was working, she looked like a seductress, but now, she looked so pure and innocent that he really felt like pinching her cheek.

They strolled into the cinema and were deciding on which movie to watch when Jaekyung suddenly let out a gasp. "Kim Myungsoo!" she pointed.

Chunji raised his brows. "Your new suspect?" he whispered as they hid behind a movie poster.

Jaekyung nodded. "Yeah. He's a tough one." she whispered back. Her eyes narrowed at L who had bought two tickets and returned to a girl waiting for him with a big smile.

*Another one?* she thought as she recognized that the girl was different from the others he met throughout the week.

Once L and the girl went into the theatre, Jaekyung grabbed Chunji and dragged him to the ticket counter. "Two tickets for the movie that guy had bought for!" she ordered.

Chunji frowned. "What? But we were deciding between sci-fi and mystery and horror. You don't even like romance!"

Jaekyung pulled him as they followed after L.

"Yeah I don't but Kim Myungsoo isn't watching those! Let's go! This is a great chance!"

Chunji sighed and followed after her. *Even on our best friend day she's still looking at other guys? I hate her job!*