Chapter 80

Collision of Two Worlds

Taeyeon and Yoona appeared a the corner of the room, everyone turned their heads to them. Anger can be seen as soon as they had landed their eyes on Taeyeon. “What are you doing here?” Leeteuk asked, his voice filled with anger. “I'm going to heal him.. if you let me” Taeyeon said and Sehun stepped out and shook his head. “We can't trust you, after all, you're our enemy” Sehun said and Taeyeon sighed before giving Yoona a glance. 

“Taeyeon said she'll help, we have to do this quickly. The warlocks can't know that she's here” Yoona said and everyone in the room gave her a questioning look. “They don't know that you're here?” Sooyoung asked and before Taeyeon can even speak, Tiffany already did. “She's telling the truth” Tiffany said and Seohyun nodded in agreement. 

“You can kill me if you want if I fail to take back the curse and heal him” Taeyeon said and Yoona turned her attention back to her sister. “Taeyeon” she trailed. “You have to trust me” Taeyeon said, her voice almost pleading when she saw Baekhyun's lifeless state. “What guarantee do we have to know if you're really honest here?” Sunny asked.

“Because I love him” Taeyeon answered without any reluctance at all. 

“Let's just let her do what she needs to do, we'll kill her if she fails” Boa said and Yuri nodded her head. Although it pained Taeyeon to hear what they said, she knows that it's the only way to save his life and to stop the war that's about to happen, no, she doesn't want anyone to get killed anymore. She doesn't want anyone innocent to get involved with the fights anymore, she doesn't want to live a life in dark.

“But we're not--” 

“Hyung let's trust Taeyeon.. She loves him, she won't dare to hurt him” Kai said and Chanyeol nodded his head agreeing with Kai's idea. “He's right, just let Taeyeon do what she's going to do” Krystal added and Leeteuk sighed in defeat. 

“Fine” He said and Taeyeon walked towards the couch where Baekhyun was lying, observing him, Taeyeon noticed that he seemed to be catching his breath, his face pale. She can't help but to tear up, she doesn't know what kind of anger had gotten into her to make her do this to him but no matter what it is that took over her, Taeyeon felt nothing but terrible guilt. 

She doesn't want to hurt him after all, but the anger and pain of losing her parents blinded her. 

Taking a deep breath. Taeyeon held his hand and flinched at the coldness of it, closing her eyes, Taeyeon tried her best to heal but when she opened her eyes expecting him to be fully awake, nothing happened. 

“What's happening?” Taeyeon muttered to herself. “Your curse was too dark, full of anger, it made his heart weak” Jessica answered and Taeyeon looked back to Baekhyun and shakily reached out to his hand other and held both. She tried again, but she still failed. 

“What's happening now?” Yoona asked when she saw that nothing changed even when Taeyeon tried again. “I.. I don't know. I.. I don't know how to take it back” Taeyeon said before turning her head to Yoona. “Heal him, try to heal the curse instead of taking it back” Sunny stated and Taeyeon looked back to Baekhyun and nodded her head, letting go of his hand, Taeyeon clasped her hands together and slowly separated it creating a blue globule, separating her hands further the globule grew bigger and bigger as her eyes turned yellow. 

Turning her attention back to Baekhyun, Taeyeon placed the floating globule just above his head and placed her hands above it as she slowly pressed it on his chest, Taeyeon felt herself getting weak, Taeyeon felt herself getting dizzy but she doesn't care of what's happening anymore. All that's in her mind is either to take back the curse she gave him, or heal him. 

She doesn't know what's going to happen after this, she felt her power draining and now it's between completely killing him or healing him.

Pressing it further, the globule disappeared in his chest as it seemingly entered him. 

Having difficulty to pressed her hands further to the globule, Taeyeon felt like everything around her was spinning, it felt like a big part of her was taken when the last part of the globule slowly disappeared onto his chest. With all her might, Taeyeon pressed the globule into his chest and sudden flash of bright light engulfed the whole room making everyone cover their eyes. 

As the light disappeared, Taeyeon disappeared too and everyone in the room heard a loud gasp. Uncovering their eyes, everyone's eyes widened when they saw Baekhyun sitting at the couch, breathing heavily, his eyes flashed blue and it finally turned..

Yellow. 

“Baekhyun-ah..” Sunny called in surprise when she noticed the change of colors. “What happened?” Baekhyun asked as he immediately stood up. “Where's Taeyeon?” Yoona muttered. 

“Taeyeon?” Baekhyun asked. 

“Your eyes” yuri said diverting Baekhyun's attention. Hearing this, Baekhyun turned towards the window and stumbled back when he saw the color reflection of his eyes, closing it, Baekhyun took a few deep breaths and opened it only to see it back to its normal color. 

“What happened?” He asked. 

“Taeyeon..” Sooyoung trailed. “Where did she go?” She added. 

“Taeyeon.. Taeyeon's here?” Baekhyun asked as he walked towards Sooyoung and grabbed her shoulders and looked straight to her. “Where's Taeyeon?” Baekhyun asked again and Sooyoung shook her head. “I.. don't know.. she..” Sooyoung trailed not knowing what to say. 

“What happened to her?” Baekhyun asked and everyone looked away. “Oh my god” Tiffany said making everyone turn their heads towards her, her corsage was glowing and so as Seohyun. “Unnie” Seohyun trailed. “What's happening?” Baekhyun asked and Tiffany shook her head. 

“Taeyeon..” Tiffany said while looking at her glowing corsage. “What about Taeyeon?” Baekhyun asked, his voice eager and worried. 

“She's.. She's dead” 

“No, this is not happening. She can't be dead!” Baekhyun said as he ran out of the quarter. 

No, she's not dead. She's not dead. 

“Baekhyun” He heard a voice calling him as soon as he jump out of the gates, looking around, his eyes widened when he saw the warlock he tried to kill again. What was his name again? 

Heechul. 

“What are you doing here? Do you know where Taeyeon is?” Baekhyun asked and Heechul frowned, tears b around his eyes. “You're supposed to know where she is right now, didn't you have the angels with you? Heck, even the devils got your back” Heechul said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. 

“I..” He trailed. He doesn't know what to say.

“I lost track of her hex, she's.. gone” Heechul said and Baekhyun opened his mouth trying to say something but it seems like the words were stuck inside of him. He doesn't know what to say, he felt his knees getting weak. 

“and you know what?” Heechul trailed. “Her hex is inside of you now” Heechul said making Baekhyun even more surprised. “What? I don't get it..” He trailed. “Taeyeon gave up her life, her power for you to live. I can feel your power from here, you're partly a warlock now” Heechul said and Baekhyun still doesn't know what to say. 

Everything was a blur to him. Everything. 

Blinking his eyes, Baekhyun came back to reality when he felt something running down his cheeks, wiping it, Baekhyun frowned. 

Tears. 

“I've been watching over Taeyeon, I can always feel her hex even when she's far but when she went to your quarters, it became so powerful but as quick as that, it turned weak too. I don't know what happened, I don't know how she managed to transfer her hex to you but she did. She sacrificed herself for you to be free from the curse she made herself” 

“She.. sacrificed herself for me” Baekhyun trailed, tears flowed out of her eyes. 

He felt his chest aching, no, it wasn't because of the hex, but because Taeyeon sacrificed her life for him. He thought she hated him but no.. how can she do such thing? Didn't they promised eternity to each other? Why did Taeyeon have to be so unfair and leave him first? What is he going to do now? How can he live without her? How can he live without misery when he knows that he took someone's life? Moreover the woman he loves. 

“I..” Baekhuyn trailed, his sobs getting frequent. 

“You” They heard another voice, lifting his head up, Baekhyun furrowed his brows when he saw who the person is. It was the guy Taeyeon's going to marry.. “You” He said again, Baekhyun prepared himself for what Junsu is about to do but then his eyes widened when Junsu stopped and knelt in front of him. 

“What..” Baekhyun trailed in surprise but before he can even react, some people went out of the trees and walked towards him, he thought they will kill him for being the reason why Taeyeon's gone but no, they all knelt in front of him. 

“What's happening?” He heard a voice from behind him asked. Looking back, he saw everyone at the quarters now standing behind him, shock evident in their faces. 

“What's happening?” Baekhyun asked Heechul. 

“The heir sacrificed her life for you, her hex has been transferred, it's you who has the power now. You're our leader” Heechul said and Baekhyun tried to say something but failed. Is.. Is the war between the immortals and warlock over now? 

Yoona clenched her fist. 

Is this the plan Taeyeon had in mind? She thought. 

And thinking about it now, it's really the only way. Taeyeon purposely sacrificed her life and transferred her hex to him so he can be the most powerful between the warlocks and immortals. In that way, both will follow him. Both will obey him. 

“Taeyeon..” Yoona trailed, tears already streaming down her face. 

I will end this, Taeyeon's voice rang through her ears. More tears escaped her eyes. 

“I..” Baekyhun trailed. 

“We will follow you from now” Junsu said and Baekhyun shook his head. 

He ran away. 

 

1 year later..

“Baekhyun, aren't you going to go outside and eat?” Sunny asked when she entered Baekhyun's room, she frowned when she noticed him sitting on the floor, his back resting on his bed with his eyes fixed on the view of the sea. He was at his house in the forest, but because the alliance between warlocks and immortals had been established after a year of fixing every mess made and adjusting to the new rules and protocols everyone in the tribe and in the legion decided to throw a feast in the forest, Baekhyun's house to be exact. 

“Just go have some.. fun” He trailed, his voice barely audible at the last word. 

“Hey, I know it's been a year. I know you love her, and I know you hated living now because it reminds you every single second that she sacrificed her life for you to live but hey, don't you think Taeyeon would like it if she knows that the life she sacrificed will only be put into waste? Taeyeon sacrificed her life for things to be better, not for it to be worse” Sunny said and Baekhyun sighed as he ran his hand through his hand and stopped as he gripped on it. He closed his eyes and tears immediately flowed out. 

“I just want her back” Baekhyun said, his voice begging and Sunny sighed. She walked closer to him and felt nothing but pity, it has been like hell for Baekhyun for the past year, he went back to his old self. Much worse. Yet no one can do anything. 

Not even the devils nor the angels. 

“Hey, you've got eternity. I'm sure you'll meet her again” sunny said and Baekhyun shook his head. “I don't be with her for the next life time, I want to be with her now” Baekhyun said and Sunny sighed. “I know it hurts, I miss her too you know. Yoona does, but try to smile, what if Tiffany updates her about you? Would you like her to be sad?” Sunny asked and Baekhyun immediately shook his head. “No” He answered. 

“That's it, so try to fix yourself up and go back out there. Taeyeon would be happy and you will seriously regret it if you won't go out” Sunny said before giving his shoulder a pat and walking out of his room. Wiping the tears that stained his face, Baekhyun sighed and was about to stand up when Tiffany suddenly appeared. 

“Hey” She called. “What.. is it?” Baekhyun asked. 

“Come with me” Tiffany said before holding her hand out. "Are you planning to take me to the feast? I don't want to go, just have some.. fun.. yourselves" Baekhyun said and Tiffany sighed. "Sometimes I wonder what made us friends" Tiffany muttered and fortunately, Baekhyun didn't manage to hear it. "Just come with me, I want to show you something" Tiffany said and reluctantly Baekhyun reached out to her awaiting hand.

“We're here” Tiffany said and Baekhyun found himself standing in a wooden jetty. Looking around, Baekhyun noticed that it's the place Taeyeon loved the most. The place where they spent a time together he loved so much. “Why are we here?” He asked but to no avail, Tiffany already left. 

Letting out a sigh, Baekhyun was about to leave thinking that Tiffany was just trying to make him feel better when he heard a rustle of leaves, lifting his head up, Baekhyun froze when he saw what's in front of him. It was like the first time all over again. 

His heart beat went crazy. He felt his lungs stricken. He found no words to say. 
 
“Are you just going to stand there and not greet me?” The person asked and immediately, he ran towards the person and hugged her tight. “This is not a dream right?” He asked, tears already flowing out of his eyes. If it was a dream, then he doesn't want to wake up ever again, he doesn't want to be away from her, not ever. Not again. 

“It's not” She answered and felt a pat on his back. Leaning back, Baekhyun cupped her face and kissed her, it felt like a dream but the second she kissed him back felt real. She's really there, with him. Pulling away, Baekhyun smiled as tears continued to stream down his face. She wiped it away for him. “Hey, don't cry” She said as soft as she can. It made him cry more so he just hugged her, trying to savor everything. 

It felt surreal. 

“Are you going to leave me again?” He asked, his face buried on her shoulder. “No, I'm going to stay here for as long as you want me to” She said and Baekhyun pulled away looking at her in confusion. “What do you mean?” He asked and Taeyeon smiled before kissing his cheek. 

Her eyes flashed yellow.

“No way” He said in disbelief and Taeyeon chuckled. “Yes way” She answered. “The warlocks and immortals worked together and turned me partly into an immortal too. They said that you're still going to be the leader anyway even if I come back, because of your royal blood” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun found himself speechless. “So there's no war that's going to happen” She said in assurance.

“Tiffany broke the rules in up above you know, she said she can't stand seeing you cry everyday. Even the warlocks and immortals said so” Taeyeon added with a smile and Baekhyun chuckled. “I won't ever get tired of crying if you're not by my side” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled. “But thanks to her, you're here. The immortals and warlocks too” Baekhyun said as he hugged her tighter. “I know, I'm glad it only took a year. Thanks for taking care of everything I left, including Yoona's and I's parents” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head. 

“You should thank Heechul for that, he cast a spell on them to forget you” He said and Taeyeon chuckled. “It's alright, I'm glad they don't have to face the pain of losing me. How is Junsu oppa?” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed. “But I did” He said with a frown and Taeyeon hugged him tighter. "He's fine, Boa and him are going along.. pretty well. He told me once.. that.. what he felt for you was just a mere infatuation" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon grinned happy that Junsu found someone else. She can't stand seeing Junsu get hurt because of her neither she can stand leaving Baekhyun for the third time. She just wanted everything to go well again.

“Now you wouldn't. I'll be here for as long as I can and I'm happy that he's found someone else” She said with a smile and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. “Really? I'm happy then.. But.. are you still mad at me?” He asked and Taeyeon smiled before shaking her head. “Really and no, I'm not mad at you, you've done what's right. So don't bother about it, I love you too much to continue hating you” she answered as she chuckled. “But.. is Tiffany the only one who made a way for you to be back?” Baekhyun asked in confirmation, he thought of giving Tiffany a word of thanks later when they meet and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head. 

“Mostly everyone” she answered and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. “So that means I'm the only one who doesn't know about this” Baekhyun muttered and Taeyeon chuckled before pinching both of his cheeks. “They wanted to surprise you today but the great leader doesn't want to come of out his safe haven” Taeyeon said with a chuckle and Baekhyun frowned. "That explains why Sunny said I'll regret not going out to the feast" Baekhyun said then sighed. “What's the use of celebrating without you anyways?” He continued and Taeyeon kissed his cheek. 

“I know.. I'm sorry” she answered, her heart still overwhelmed with happiness. “But from today, I know everything's going to be worth celebrating now that you're back” Baekhyun said with a genuine smile making Taeyeon smile too. "Cheeseball" She said with a genuine smile plastered on her face.  “Then.. you're going to fulfill your promise to me now? Right?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chuckled before nodding her head and kissing him. 

“I'll gladly spend this eternity I have with you” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I never said it would be a sad ending. I guess my readers are just traumatized with Memories of Yesteryear. By the way, the story's finiiiisssssshhheeed! Thank you for the support everyone! To those who upvoted, subscribed and commented. THANK YOU! *bows* I'm really happy hoho

I hope you'll all wait for the next story and won't get tired of reading my fics. T.T I'm getting emotional here but THANKS! I hope to see everyone active again in the next fic so just wait for it :D 

I know the ending is abrupt, but that's what it really is. I hope you all loved this fic. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I won't be able to say thanks to you one by one but stiiiiillll thaaannkkkkssss. 

SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEXT FIC! I'M GOING TO WAIT FOR ALL OF YOU~! *whispers* or else I'll hunt you in your sleep *evil laugh*

THANK YOUUUUU!