Chapter 22

Collision of Two Worlds

“No” Taeyeon said. “She’s not gone mom, she’s not” Taeyeon said with tears falling down her cheeks already. “She didn’t make it” She heard her mom said and Taeyeon grew frustrated. She stopped packing and gripped on her hair tightly with her free hand.

She felt so much pain that she can’t breathe anymore.

“One thing before I leave”

“You sounded like you’re going to be away for a long time”

“I’m serious”

“So, you can have someone to accompany you when I’m gone”

“No!” Taeyeon shouted resenting the fact that her sister didn’t make it, she remembered everything they talked about yesterday, Yooona was just there with her.

Alive.

“Taeyeon-ah” Her mom said with sobs and Taeyeon shook her head. “I’m going to see her, I’m going there” Taeyeon said before hanging up and just like that, she already ran out of the apartment not caring if she’s still in her pajamas. Frantically pressing the button, the lift opened and Taeyeon immediately pressed the close button wanting to leave as fast as she can.

Being inside the lift felt like hours for Taeyeon, her tears didn’t stop falling though, thoughts and worries ran wild inside her mind, what will she do without her sister? She ran, she ran until she bumped into someone she never expected to be there. “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” The person asked with a worried tone.

“I need to go back home, I need to, I need to see my sister” Taeyeon said seemingly out of her normal state anymore. She looked like a mess, she didn’t care about herself anymore, she didn’t care if she’s unprepared, all just wants to do right at that moment is to come and prove that her sister’s still alive.

All she just wants to do is to see Yoona again with the mere of hope of her being alive.

“Y-You know already” He said and Taeyeon looked up with her brows furrowed. “You knew?” She asked and he nodded his head. “I found out last night, it was all over the news. I saw your sister’s name and came here immediately” He said trying to sound as calm as he can but seeing Taeyeon’s state like that made him worry too seeing Taeyeon about to drop on her knees, Baekhyun caught her right on time and held both of her arms trying his best not to let her fall.

“I didn’t know, I didn’t know. You were here since last night?” Taeyeon asked starting to cry again and Baekhyun slowly nodded his head. “I need to see her” Taeyeon said before wiping her tears but before she can even take a step forward, Baekhyun held her wrist. “Let me go, I need to see my sister” Taeyeon said or more like begged weakly causing Baekhyun to shake his head.

“I’m not letting you go alone”

“Calm down, we’re going to get there soon” Baekhyun said seeing Taeyeon fidgeting in her seat. “I..” Taeyeon said not knowing what to say, glancing at her worriedly, Baekhyun sighed. “Calm down” He repeated and Taeyeon nodded before resting her head against the window.

She took a few deep breaths before wiping her tears away.

Why does this have to happen to me? She thought.

“M-Mom” Taeyeon said as soon as she saw her mother sitting at the hospital bench. Running towards the old lady, Taeyeon opened her arms wide and engulfed the woman into a tight hug and soon cried again. Her father on the other hand just stood there, trying his best to control his tears.

“Taeyeon-ah, I’m glad you’re safe” Mrs. Im said while rubbing Taeyeon’s back and Taeyeon shook her head. “I should have come with her. I’m sorry mom, I’m really sorry” Taeyeon said, sobs making it harder for her to speak.

“No, it’s alright. I’m glad that you’re safe” Mrs. Im said before pulling away from Taeyeon’s hug and cupping Taeyeon’s face with both of her hands, Taeyeon noticed the bloodshot eyes and felt more pain. It was too sudden, everything was too sudden that she still finds it hard to grasp everything.

“Y-Yoona, I need to see my sister mom. I need to” Taeyeon said and Mr. Im approached them. “Dad, I need to see my sister. Where is she?” Taeyeon asked desperately and he shook his head not daring to look straight into Taeyeon’s eyes, afraid that he might break down too.

They need him and he knows that, he knows he can’t show them that he’s weak too, not when they need someone to lean on.

“The rescue team said they can’t retrieve the bodies yet, the bus fell in the cliff and onto the sea. They said it will take weeks, but we’re waiting here trying to hope that something might happen eventually” Mr. Im explained and Taeyeon fell on her knees, she covered her face with both of her hands and her sobs became harder.

“Taeyeon-ah” Mr. Im said trying to help her get up but failed when Taeyeon struggled from his grip. “I’m going to find my sister” Taeyeon stated firmly and before her parents can even say anything, Taeyeon ran away.

“Taeyeon-ah!”

Both of her parents called but Taeyeon’s already out of their sight. “I’m going to run after her sir..” Baekhyun said when he noticed that Mr. Im’s going to run after Taeyeon. “Are you sure?” Mr. Im asked and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“Yes” Baekhyun answered before giving Mr. Im a bow and running after Taeyeon.

“Where are you?” Baekhyun muttered under his breath, he looked everywhere outside the hospital already and he has no idea where Taeyeon had gone. It worries him that she might do something, especially in a dazed state. He hated that something like that happened, he hated seeing Taeyeon get hurt because as much as he doesn’t like it, it pains him more to see Taeyeon get hurt than to stand away from her.

Getting on to his car, Baekhyun drove away immediately hoping to see Taeyeon already. He just had one last place on his mind and he’s not going to stop unless he finds her and right now all he wanted for her is to be safe.

“Please be there. Please” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I know, I know *hides behind the table*

Don't be maaaad~