Chapter 16

Collision of Two Worlds

“We can’t be what Sunny?” Taeyeon asked causing Sunny to stand frozen. “No, it’s nothing. Really” Sunny answered and Taeyeon raised her brows unsure if Sunny’s telling the truth. “Okay” Taeyeon answered before nodding her head.

“S-Should we go back to the homeroom now?” Sunny asked and Taeyeon nodded her head, trailing behind Sunny, Taeyeon noticed that the students aren’t outside the gym anymore. Looking around, Taeyeon noticed a familiar figure hiding behind the trees.

Taking a closer look, Taeyeon smiled when the person waved at her. Waving back, Taeyeon gave him a light bow before turning her attention back to Sunny who already entered the school building.

“Sunny’s weird?” Yoona asked after she put the carton of milk down on the kitchen counter. Nodding her head, Taeyeon climbed up above the kitchen counter and sat on it before taking the carton of milk and drinking its remaining contents.

“I think.. she is” Taeyeon answered reluctantly. “Don’t worry. I find her weird too” Yoona said and Taeyeon raised her brows before giving her sister a questioning look. Getting what her sister meant, Yoona chuckled.

“Don’t you notice how she always calls Ms. Kwon her first name? Students don’t do that right? Moreover, she’s a senior there, she should be used to calling her formally not just by her name” Yoona reasoned out and Taeyeon nodded her head fully understanding what her sister meant.

“You’re right. She seems to know the sponsor personally too” Taeyeon said and Yoona raised her brows. “Baekhyun?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “She once told me that if it wasn’t for him, she wouldn’t have the scholarship she has now but earlier, when she talked to him, it seems like she’s personally close to him. She even raised her voice at him, it surprised me” Taeyeon stated and Yoona felt confused.

“Shouldn’t she be talking informally to a school sponsor even when she’s at the same age as him?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “You’re right. But let’s not talk about Sunny now alright? I don’t want talking behind people’s backs” Taeyeon said and Yoona smiled in amusement.

“Alright, how about you and him?” Yoona asked out of nowhere making Taeyeon look at her questioningly. “What?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona stared at her sister teasingly. “You and Mr. Sponsor?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon stuck her tongue out before jumping off the counter.

“I’m tired. I’ll sleep” Taeyeon said and Yoona ran after her. “Hey, I’m not done asking you and you haven’t answered me yet” Yoona said and Taeyeon let out a sigh. “I’m tired” Taeyeon said before pressing her fingers on her ear causing Yoona to roll her eyes in annoyance.

“Denial”

“Boo!”

 

“Yah!”

“Ouch” Baekhyun said painfully while rubbing his forehead. Opening her eyes, Taeyeon saw that the person that surprised her and the person she hit was none other than Baekhyun. “Oh my god, are you alright?” Taeyeon asked while rubbing his forehead.

“Ouch. Stop it, you’re making it worse” Baekhyun said while frowning and Taeyeon retreated her hand back. “I’m sorry” Taeyeon said guiltily and Baekhyun stopped rubbing his forehead before shaking his head. “No, it’s my fault” Baekhyun said as he smiled and Taeyeon frowned.

“Seriously, I’m fine” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed. “What are you doing anyway? Why come out of the dark and jump infront of me? I thought you’re a thief or something” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled.

“I saw you walking down the street so I decided to make fun of you. But I think karma took its revenge fast” Baekhyun said with a chuckle causing Taeyeon to shake her head. “Is it just me or you’re a 12 year old that looks too mature?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun frowned.

“Yah.. I’m old—“

Older than you, Baekhyun continued in his mind. Screw you Baekhyun, he thought again.

“Old? What?” Taeyeon asked. “I’m already old. I’m not 12” He retorted and Taeyeon chuckled. “Really? You sounded and you act like one? Who in their right mind would jump out from the dark and surprise people? Even a 12 year old thinks more mature than you” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun gritted his teeth making Taeyeon laugh.

“See? You look like a baby now” Taeyeon said trying to control her laugh and Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “What are you doing out here anyways? It’s already late” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon stopped laughing. “I can’t sleep” She answered nonchalantly and Baekhuyn raised his brows.

“and you went out? Didn’t you know how dangerous it is to stay out in the streets late night?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. “It’s not like I’m going far. I’m just going there” Taeyeon said while pointing at the nearby convenience store.

“There?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Where do you live?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon raised her brows still looking nonchalant about the worried tone he has. “Two blocks away from here. What about you? Are you a policeman too? What are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun shut his mouth.

“I-I.. live around here” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. “Really? How come I don’t see you?” Taeyeon asked. “It’s because it’s in the area.. where..” Baekhyun trailed still trying to think of the right words to say.

“You live in the the higher class are?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I see” Taeyeon answered. “But what are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun was caught off guard again.

Think Baekhyun, think. Baekhyun thought.

“I was about to go there too” Baekhyun answered while pointing at the convenience store Taeyeon pointed earlier. “Why?” Taeyeon asked. “Is this an interview or something?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled sheepishly.

“No, but why would you go down here if you’re in the higher class? I mean, there could me more fancier places there than here right?” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smiled a little. “Right” Baekhyun answered. “But it doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy life at its simplicity right?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon looked at him incredulously like he said something ridiculous.

“What?” Baekhyun asked. “Nothing. I think you’re hungry, let’s go grab something to eat” Taeyeon said before taking his hand and walking towards the store. “You’re going to eat?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head still not looking at him.

“Yes. I eat ice cream whenever I can’t sleep” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled amused by the new things he found out from her.

“My treat then”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N; Because I love my readers so much, I decided to give BaekYeon another chapter~ 

Fluff eh? 

*evil laugh* keep on guessing