Chapter 31

Collision of Two Worlds

“Taeyeon, where’s my Taeyeon?” Baekhyun heard a voice asking, looking up, Baekhyun saw Taeyeon’s parents and immediately stood up and bowed to them. “She’s getting transferred to the normal ward ma’am” Baekhyun answered and Mrs. Im kept fidgeting not having any idea what really happened to Taeyeon and why is she in the hospital, in the operating room.

“What happened to my daughter?” Mr. Im asked. “She’s suffering from dissociative amnesia sir” Baekhyun answered and Mr. Im furrowed his brows not knowing what Baekhyun’s talking about. “My daughter’s sick?” He asked. “You can say it like that” Baekhyun answered and glanced at Suho asking for his help.

“Excuse me sir.. ma’am” Suho said and both of Taeyeon’s parents turned their attention to him. “What happened to my daughter?” Mr. Im asked again. “Your daughter has dissociative amnesia sir” Suho answered and Mrs. Im looked at him questioningly. “Why would my daughter have amnesia?” Mrs. Im asked. “It happens if the patient undergoes traumatic events making her memories be buried deep inside her mind causing her to forget about it, for Taeyeon’s case it seemed to be her defense mechanism for moving on from her sister’s death” Suho answered calmly and Mrs. Im gasped as she put her hand over preventing herself from crying.

“So my daughter doesn’t remember anything about her sister’s death?” Mr. Im asked and Suho nodded his head. “Would it be permanent?” Mr. Im asked and Suho shook his head. “She will remember it as soon as something will trigger the memories, maybe a word, a thing. We won’t know” Suho answered and Mr. Im took a deep breath.

“Then why is my daughter in the operating room if she just have an amnesia?” Mr. Im asked. “She cut her wrist sir” Baekhyun answered almost immediately and Mr. Im’s eyes widened. “What?” He asked, surprised about what he heard from Baekhyun.

“No, my daughter wouldn’t do that” Mrs. Im stated tears welling up around her eyes. “She did sir” Baekhyun answered. “Why?” Mr. Im asked and Baekhyun swallowed the invisible lump blocking his throat and took a deep breath before lifting his gaze up meeting Mr. Im’s eyes.

“It’s my fault sir” Baekhyun answered and noticed that Mr. Im flexed his jaw. “What did you do to my daughter? Why did she cut her wrist like that?” Mr. Im asked, his voice getting louder. “She asked me to tell what is the reason why she’s in the hospital. She kept asking for her sister, she kept looking for Yoona and I couldn’t lie to her. I was afraid she will hate me if she finds out that I lied to her that’s why I told her everything, she asked me to have some time alone for herself and I never expected her to do something like that. I’m terribly sorry sir, and I regret telling her the truth. Believe me, I feel so much regret for doing that, I should have lied to her. I’m sorry” Baekhyun said and before the three knew it, Baekhyun already dropped on his knees with his head hanging low.

Everyone was taken aback with what he did. Even Suho.

He never does that, Baekhyun never kneels in front of anyone just for forgiveness and Suho can see how much guilt Baekhyun has. He can see how big it is that it even made Baekhyun on his knees.

“If anything happens to my daughter, I don’t know what I will do. We already lost one and we’re not planning to lose another” Mr. Im said and just like that, he grabbed his wife’s wrist and left Baekhyun and Suho behind.

Looking down on Baekhyun’s who still kneeling, Suho placed his hand over his shoulder but before he can say anything, Baekhyun walked away without even looking back at him.

 

Baekhyun screamed, he slammed the table breaking it in half. Not having enough, Baekhyun balled his fist up and slammed it hard against the mirror in front of him. His eyes are red, he doesn’t care, because with those red eyes are tears welling up.

Turning his back from the broken mirror, Baekhyun walked toward the vacant wall inside his room and was about to slam his fist on it when he felt a hand holding his arm. Not caring who it is, Baekhyun yanked the person’s hand away from him, ready to hit the wall against, Baekhyun felt a force making turn around and be pushed against the wall causing the concrete to break behind him and before he can even react, he felt a hand around his neck.

“You’re causing too much noise don’t you think?” The person asked calmly and Baekhyun kept his face impassive not caring about the hand that was around his neck, he knew that the person isn’t going to kill him anyways. “Just let me be hyung” Baekhyun answered the man chuckled, pulling him Baekhyun thought that the person would let him go now only to get pushed Baekhyun back to the wall causing him to grunt and the concrete to break again.

“What’s your problem?” He asked with his hands still around Baekhyun’s neck, Baekhyun on the other hand kept stoic, his hands beside him, not even moving a bit. “Me being like you” Baekhyun answered and the man let go of Baekhyun before dusting his coat.

“You know that you’re born for it” He answered, still calm. “You have the blood already, you’re born with it so why ask me? I hated being like this too you know, but I can’t do anything. We’re the last Baekhyun and we won’t know who the hell will have this kind of blood we have again. If you’re getting upset because they made you their leader then think of why. One of our kind, the one that has our blood died because of enemies, it’s only the two of us now. If you’re upset because you wanted to be human then how about me then? Don’t you think I wanted to live this way too? Being different from the different?” Kangta asked and Baekhyun looked down, his hands clenching into fists again.

“Hyung” Baekhyun called.

“What is it?” Kangta asked.

“Is there a way for me to be a human?” Baekhyun asked and Kangta chuckled before patting Baekhyun’s shoulder.

“You’re human, you just don’t die” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: My head hurts T.T

and I said before that this story's supposed to end in 45 chapters right? I'm thinking of extending it :)