Chapter 45

Collision of Two Worlds

The last three days was like torture to him, he knows Taeyeon asked him to wait but he doesn't think he can do it any longer. Taking his phone with him, Baekhyun went out of his house and since it was a Sunday, people flooded the streets. 

Walking around the neighborhood where Taeyeon lives, Baekhyun kept walking back and forth pass the building checking if Taeyeon already arrived. Growing anxious as each minute passes, Baekhyun can't help but to frown thinking how much he badly wanted to see her.

I don't think I can last a day like this anymore, he thought as he paced back and forth.

“Hey there mister” He heard a familiar voice said, looking behind him, Baekhyun found a smiling Taeyeon standing behind him. “I.. you..” He trailed not really knowing what to say. Did she just found him checking her place? He thought as he mentally scolded himself. I should have hid somewhere, he thought.

“Me.. what?” Taeyeon asked with a teasing tone. “I..” Baekhyun trailed nervously making Taeyeon laugh. “It's alright. No need to be nervous, why are you checking my building anyways?” Taeyeon asked teasingly and Baekhyun swallowed the invisible lump that was blocking his throat. Gaining all the confidence he has, Baekhyun smiled.

“Because I miss you, is it wrong?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon's smile immediately disappeared as her cheeks grew a shade of pink. “Stop teasing me” Taeyeon muttered and Baekhyun raised his brows. “What? I was just stating the truth” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon frowned.

“I'll seriously deduct you points” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled. “So you already gave me point huh?” He asked making Taeyeon's cheeks grew redder. “No” Taeyeon answered trying to keep an impassive tone “Alright, I believe you then” Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon stuck her tongue out. “But you don't seem to be that happy seeing me” Baekhyun suddenly stated when he noticed how Taeyeon was forcing her smile at times. 

“What?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun frowned. “You think I didn't notice? You're not that cheery today” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon looked down avoiding his gaze. “Hey, did something happened?” He asked and Taeyeon looked up before shaking her head. “Nope, nothing happened” Taeyeon said smiling a little making Baekhyun frown again. “Then what happened?” Baekhyun asked. “I'm just a bit sad. That's all” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. “Why?” He asked, determined to make her feel better if he can. 

“It's not a big deal, just missing a friend back home” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun saw the honesty and sincerity in her eyes making him believe. “You came all the way back here alone?” He asked noticing that no one's with her, not even her parents. “Yes, I told mom and dad not to drive me back anymore. I promised them I'll be fine” Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head. Seeing the duffel back she's holding, Baekhyun took it and smiled at her. 

“Let me help you” He said taking the other bag that was hanging on Taeyeon's shoulder too. “I can manage” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head. “It's alright, let me help you” He said and Taeyeon only nodded her head knowing that Baekhyun would not give up.

“You're going to Iris tomorrow right?” Baekhyun asked as soon as he and Taeyeon stopped infront of the door to Taeyeon's apartment. Nodding her head, Taeyeon turned towards the door and unlocked it. “Yes, I will. See you tomorrow” Taeyeon said before taking the bags from him only to stop when Baekhyun held it tighter. “Are you sure you'll be alright?” He asked, afraid that Taeyeon might have some breakdown again as soon as she's left alone. 

Knowing that he's worried, Taeyeon smiled and nodded her head before taking the bag from him. 

“I've dealt with it already, don't worry about me” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head reluctantly. Seeing this, Taeyeon sighed. “Look” She said. “I know you're worried about me but I'm fine. I'll call you if there's something wrong” Taeyeon said with an assuring smile and Baekhyun slowly nodded his head. 

“Really?” He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

“Really” She answered.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Sunny squealed as soon as she saw Taeyeon walking towards the school building, looking to where the voice came from, Taeyeon smiled and welcomed Sunny with her arms open wide. “I missed you!” Sunny said engulfing Taeyeon into a bear hug squishing Taeyeon tightly. 

“S-Sunny.. I.. can.. see.. the.. light” Taeyeon said and Sunny let go of her and smiled sheepishly. “Sorry, I was too happy and excited to see you back” Sunny said and Taeyeon chuckled. “It's alright. I'm glad to see you too” Taeyeon said. “So, how are you you? You're done recovering right?” Sunny asked as they walked towards the hall of the school. 

“Yes, I am. How are the lessons going? I think I need some catching up to do” Taeyeon said making Sunny chuckle. “No, I already filled everything for you” Sunny said taking Taeyeon by surprise. “What?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. “The school works fine, it was all easy that's why I asked the teachers if I could fill in the lessons you've missed so they can give you grades” Sunny coolly said and Taeyeon opened then closed not knowing what to say. “You..” She trailed. 

“You're welcome” Sunny said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “You filled in everything?” Taeyeon asked and Sunny nodded her head. “How did you do that?” Taeyeon asked and Sunny shrugged her shoulders. “I have my ways” She said before smiling. “So don't worry about it” Sunny added. “All you need to do is do the current lessons” Sunny continued. “Thank you Sunny, how I can repay you?” Taeyeon asked and Sunny shook her head. 

“Friends help each other and I'm pretty sure that if I'm gone for a week, you'll do the same for me” Sunny said before laughing causing Taeyeon to shake her head. “Alright, but how about I treat you for lunch today?” Taeyeon asked and Sunny nodded her head. 

“Sounds good” Sunny said and before Taeyeon can say anything, students ran pass them making the two confused. “What's happening?” Sunny asked a random student. 

“Sponsor's here” The student said before dashing away and Taeyeon raised her brows when Sunny shook her head. “Something wrong?” Taeyeon asked not having any idea what's happening and Sunny sighed. 

“Baekhyun's here, that's what's wrong” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *flips everything*