Chapter 39

Collision of Two Worlds

Three days, she has been home for three days yet she felt like there's something that she's not satisfied with yet. She doesn't know, she can't explain what is it but she felt so restless. Should she go back to Iris now? The burial service was done, it was finished, can she just go back to Iris now? But wouldn't her parents be disappointed? 

Thoughts. Different thoughts running inside her mind that she felt like she's going crazy and she felt like going back to Iris will be the thing that will make her keep sane. But what about her parents? She wanted to go back to Iris right now, but what about her parents? She promised them to stay until the weekend. She's really going crazy. 

“Taeyeon-ah” She heard her mom's voice on the other side of the door. “Yes?” Taeyeon asked before getting off her bed and walking towards the door and opening it. “Heechul's downstairs” Mrs. Im said and Taeyeon nodded her head. Following her mother, Taeyeon saw Heechul sitting at the couch in the living room. “Visiting me everyday eh?” Taeyeon asked before taking a seat on the couch beside Heechul. 

“I just want to check you out” He said with a smile and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “What is it that you want?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul snickered. “Why are you snappy?” Heechul asked with a frown and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Oppaa” She whined making Heechul chuckle. 

“Let's go out” He said with a smile and Taeyeon raised her brows. “Why?” She asked and Heechul frowned even more. “You don't want to have some ice cream with me?” He asked faking hurt making Taeyeon laugh. “You look like a retard” Taeyeon said in between her laugh causing Heechul to give her an 'I'm serious, don't kid around me' look. 

“Alright, alright. I'm serious now” Taeyeon said trying her best to hold her laughter. 

“Let's go out” Heechul said and Taeyeon sighed. “Alright, I'll just get change. Wait for me” Taeyeon stated and Heechul nodded his head as he watched her go upstairs. 

At the same time.. 

“Why are you so grumpy today?” Sunny asked as soon as she noticed the frown Baekhyun has. She noticed that he's frowning all day and that made her annoyed with him. “Why do you care?” Baekhyun grumbled as he settled himself at the couch inside Leeteuk's office and closed his eyes. 

“Because I'm babysitting you” Sunny said and Baekhyun's eyes immediately opened as he glared at her. “Shut it” He said before closing his eyes again, hearing Sunny snicker, Baekhyun sighed. “Just because Taeyeon isn't here doesn't mean you have to look like your puppy died” Sunny said and Baekhyun growled under his breath. 

“It's not because of her” Baekhyun said and Sunny rolled her eyes. “Where is Leeteuk hyung anyways?” Baekhyun asked, a question he's been wanting to ask right at the moment when he saw Leeteuk's office empty. 

“He's meeting some of his faction members and like pigs have wings and they can fly, better lie to me next time” Sunny said and Baekhyun shook his head not wanting to have a squabble with Sunny. Only Leeteuk will do that and he won't. “I don't want to argue with you anymore” Baekhyun said and Sunny snickered. “Finally admitting that you miss her eh?” Sunny asked but then immediately frowned when she remembered what she's supposed to do. 

Curse you Soonkyu, you should be taking him away from her not getting him closer, she thought. 

“I don't miss Taeyeon” Baekhyun said and Sunny laughed. “I didn't even said it was Taeyeon” Sunny said and Baekhyun mentally scolded himself. “You said 'her'” Baekhyun said trying to save himself from further embarrassment. “What? There are a lot of women out there. Not only Taeyeon, I can refer any woman 'her' you know.. what if it's myself I'm talking about?” Sunny asked and Baekhyun sat up and sighed. 

“I felt like puking Sunny. Trust me” Baekhyun said and Sunny glared at him. 

“Be grateful alright? I'm babysitting you here” Sunny said and Baekhyun shook his head before lying himself down on the couch again. “Screw you” He mumbled but Sunny still managed to hear it. “You forgot that I can hear everything even the slightest noise right? Thank you” Sunny said sarcastically and Baekhyun sighed. 

“Just shut it” He mumbled and Sunny rolled her eyes. 

Maybe it's not wrong to help him this time, Sunny thought. 

“If you miss her, then go see her” 


Back on Taeyeon.. 

“Where the hell are we even going?” Taeyeon asked when they passed by the park. “There's a newly opened restaurant here, we'll eat there my treat” Heechul said with a smile while focusing himself on the road. “You're treat? Are you really Heechul? Oh my god, give me my best friend back!” Taeyeon said in panic causing Heechul to sigh upon Taeyeon's sudden crazy outburst. 

The dork's back, he thought. 

“Shut it Kim Taeyeon” Heechul said trying to focus on the road instead of Taeyeon who's getting crazy. “I want my Heechul oppa back, even when he doesn't treat me to restaurants and he's selfish, I still love him. Give him back” Taeyeon said as she faked crying and Heechul rolled his eyes. “Alright, fine. You pay on your own later and don't you dare call me selfish” Heechul said while glaring at Taeyeon and Taeyeon on the other hand chuckled. 

“I was just kidding” Taeyeon said and Heechul frowned before focusing his attention back on the road. 

“We're here” He stated as he stopped the car right in front of a newly opened restaurant. “This looks quite expensive” Taeyeon said mindlessly and Heechul chuckled. “One of my friends owns this so don't worry” Heechul said before getting off the car and so as Taeyeon who was confused by his statement.

“Wow, this place looks so great” Taeyeon stated as soon as she saw the ancient tribal exterior design of the restaurant. Following Heechul inside, Taeyeon was even more in awe when she saw the tribal patterns painted on the walls, looking up, Taeyeon saw different talismans hanging on the ceiling and even some voodoo dolls on the wall. “Cool right?” Heechul asked when he saw Taeyeon looking around. 

“Yes it is.. it's cool” Taeyeon said and Heechul chuckled. “Do you find it creepy?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon shook her head before smiling. “It's not creepy oppa” Taeyeon said and Heechul raised his brows. “Really?” He asked, afraid that Taeyeon might get scared of the random talismans and voodoo dolls that surround them. 

“Really” Taeyeon answered. “I find it cool” Taeyeon answered and Heechul nodded his head. 

“I'm glad you're not scared, I mean when I first saw this I find it kind of scary” Heechul said making Taeyeon laugh. “Really? I thought the owner here is your friend?” Taeyeon asked and Heechul nodded his head. “Yes, but who would have thought she would choose these kind of creepy designs?” Heechul asked and Taeyeon chuckled. Before raising her brows realizing what Heechul said. 

“She?” Taeyeon asked. 

“Yeah.. she” Heechul answered and Taeyeon raised her brows, she knew almost all of Heechul's friends. “No, you don't know her” Heechul said guessing what's on the latter's mind and Taeyeon gave him a questioning look. Seeing someone walking towards them, Heechul smiled. 

“There she is” Heechul said while pointing at Taeyeon's back. Looking behind her, Taeyeon watched as the girl walked towards them and gave them a bow. 

“Goodafternoon to the two of you, sorry it took me long to go out of the kitchen” She apologized with a smile and Taeyeon smiled back before giving her a bow. “It's alright, it's not that we've been here for so long” Heechul said and Taeyeon nodded her head agreeing with him. 

“So you're Kim Taeyeon? Pleasure to meet you” The girl said right after she diverted her attention to Taeyeon and before offering her hand. Hearing the girl's question, Taeyeon nodded her head before accepting the girl's hand and giving her a light bow again. “Pleasure to meet you too. You are?” Taeyeon politely asked and the girl smiled.

“I'm Kim Hyoyeon”

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: More new characters to come and it is mentioned already (who Baekhyun is) but not here in the story :) Someone, I mean some readers got it right. 

and... 

Someone asked me if I can try revising Memories of Yesteryear and publish it. There are two of them, one's a daughter of a man who owns a printing company and one's my friend, they both are and they both saw Memories of Yesteryear and asked me if I will, should I? Should I not? 

and truthfully, they aren't BaekYeon fans but they said they liked it T.T

WHAT SHOULD I DOOO?!!!