Chapter 60

Collision of Two Worlds

“W-What?” Baekhyun asked in disbelief, Leeteuk turned his head to look at him before shaking his head. “N-No” Baekhyun said and Leeteuk sighed before shaking his head again, he can't believe the news he got too. But there's nothing impossible, not when their enemies are desperate enough to make a way to rule over everything. 

“They might be fooling us” Sunny stated making the two turn their heads to her. “They might be kidding us” Sunny added not believing what Leeteuk had said, Taeyeon on the other hand kept looking back and forth from Sunny to the two. She doesn't know who are they talking about but seeing the faces like that, she knew immediately that the one they're talking about isn't just somebody. 

It was one of them. 

“The second in command was the one who called, they're asking for help because Kan--” 

“Stop!” Baekhyun shouted startling everyone inside the office, Taeyeon never saw him angry that was, his eyes are flaming red, he's breathing hard and he's clenching his fist too hard that the veins are starting to show. “This is war” Baekhyun said under his breath and before Leeteuk can even react, Baekhyun already jumped out of the window and Taeyeon ran towards it. 

“Baekhyun-ah!” Taeyeon called but he's nowhere to be found. Feeling Sunny pull her away from the window, Taeyeon looked back to the window and to Sunny again. “Look, he's going to be fine. Oppa, can you call Sehun to look after him? He might be in..” Sunny said but then stopped when she remembered that Taeyeon was there. 

“I will” Leeteuk answered knowing what Sunny wanted him to do, fishing his phone out of his pocket, Leeteuk dialed Sehun's number and asked him to go after Baekhyun. He knows how mad Baekhyun is and it won't be impossible for him to go and start a war between them immortals and their enemies. 

“He will be alright, let's go to class shall we?” Sunny asked trying to pull Taeyeon away from the window, seeing that she's not budging from her place, Sunny can't do anything but to pull Taeyeon away and drag her back towards their room. 

“Sunny stop” Taeyeon said when Sunny dragged her out to the hallway. “What is it?” Sunny asked and Taeyeon sighed before taking her phone out of her pocket. “I'll stop him, he'll listen to me” Taeyeon said and Sunny looked at her questioningly. “He never listen to anyone” Sunny said and Taeyeon sighed. “Maybe I can” Taeyeon answered and Sunny nodded her head letting the latter do so. 

Dialing Baekhyun's number, Taeyeon waited for him to pick up and after a few rings, he picked up. “Where are you?” Taeyeon asked, her voice worried and Sunny only watched her with a hint of disbelief. She had really tamed him. 

“I..” Baekhyun trailed not knowing what to answer. “Hey” Taeyeon called noticing the reluctance in his voice. “I won't ask you anymore where you're at. But please? Come back here in Iris? I don't want anything happening to you, you're in danger now right? Can you just go back here? I feel like.. going crazy here without you” Taeyeon said and she heard him sigh. “I'm sorry for scaring you” Baekhyun apologized remorsefully. 

“I wasn't just myself” He added. “I understand, I know how it feel to lose someone. But please, you don't want me to feel that same pain again right? I don't want to lose you too” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed before nodding his head as if the latter can see him. “Alright, I'm on my way back” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon smiled a little. 

“Walk me back home later?” Taeyeon asked. “Sure” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon smiled even more. “I'll wait for you to come back here, if I don't see you I will go out and look for you. Alone” Taeyeon threatened. “No” He abruptly said. “So come back. So that I won't worry” Taeyeon said. “Alright, I will” Baekhyun answered and Taeyeon nodded her head. “See you”

“You really tamed him” Sunny said right after Taeyeon put her phone back in her pocket. “Maybe I did” Taeyeon said with a small smile and Sunny sighed. “Look, I know I'm not in place to tell you this but you deserve to know anyway” Sunny stated making Taeyeon look at her questioningly. “The one that we're talking about back in the office was the former leader, he's the second one with the royal blood with Baekhyun but..” Sunny trailed not knowing how to say it. 

“He's gone” Taeyeon continued and Sunny nodded her head, tears threatening to escape her eyes. “Hey, it's alright. You can cry” Taeyeon said Sunny composed herself before shaking her head and forcing a small smile. “No, it's alright. He's gone, and I'll accept it. It's not like I can't do anything to take him back besides we got the angels on our side. I can always ask them how he's doing” Sunny said with a small yet sad smile and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. 

“You mean Tiffany and Seohyun?” Taeyeon asked and Sunny looked at her with eyes wide. “How did you know?” Sunny asked. “Yoona called them last night” Taeyeon said and Sunny sighed before shaking her head. “But.. why did Baekhyun even reacted that badly if you can check on him from time to time?” Taeyeon asked curiously. “That was because Kangta's like his brother, they practically had been together for all their lives and checking him through the angels wasn't that much of a help for him. Besides, the angels won't always be there to help us, they got their own things and they rarely help us out of the 'controlling the enemies content'” Sunny said and Taeyeon nodded. “Besides, wouldn't it be better to know that the person important to you is alive and can come back anytime rather than being dead and staying in the other world right?” Sunny added and Taeyeon nodded again. 

“I know, I can imagine how painful that is” Taeyeon said and before Sunny can react, a faint sound of footsteps already interrupted them. Looking to where the sound came from, Sunny smiled a little before pointing the way back towards their homeroom. “I'll go back and leave you two first” Sunny said and Taeyeon nodded her head as she watched Sunny walk away. 

“Hey” Taeyeon called as soon as Sunny was out of sight. “Hey” He weakly called and Taeyeon sighed. Walking towards him, Taeyeon opened her arms wide and engulfed him into a tight hug. He buried his face on her shoulder with his arms secured tight on her waist. “Hey, it's alright. It's going to be alright” Taeyeon said and she felt him nod his head. “I know” He answered and Taeyeon kept patting his back gently hoping that it would somehow making him feel better.

“I'm here” Taeyeon said and she felt his hug tightened. “I know” She heard him answer again and Taeyeon smiled a little. “Don't run away just like that, you made me worried” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun lifted his head up from her shoulder but didn't break their hug. “Sorry” He apologized before burying his face on her shoulder again. “Should I buy you ice cream later?” Taeyeon asked trying to make him better and she did, she heard him chuckle. “What am I? A baby?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chuckled before tightening her hold on him. 

“My baby” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *pukes butterflies*