Chapter 26

Collision of Two Worlds

“Taeyeon”

It was real this time.

But it wasn’t Yoona, it was Sunny standing a few steps away from her. With a worried look on, sensing it, Taeyeon faked a smile and Sunny walked towards her and engulfed her into a tight hug. “I’m sorry about what happened to your sister” Sunny said after pulling away from the hug.

“No, everything happens for a reason right?” Taeyeon feebly said. “I know but I’m always here for you alright? I’m sure no matter where Yoona is right now, she wants you to be nothing but happy” Sunny said in assurance and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head.

“I know” She answered. “I know it’s hard. Trust me, I felt the same when I lost my parents but then I thought that they don’t want me to cry, so why would I cry if I know that it hurts them right? If I’m sad, then they’re sadder; if I’m happy, they’re happier” Sunny said and Taeyeon nodded her head.

“You’re right” Taeyeon answered with a small smile. “Yoona wouldn’t like it if I become someone that she doesn’t want me to be” Taeyeon said but at the back of her mind, she still kept thinking if it was the right choice. Does Yoona really see her even when she’s gone? She doesn’t believe in such things.

“Just try to help yourself” Sunny said and Taeyeon nodded her head.

“I will”

Taeyeon stopped. She looked towards the knob and was about to punch the codes in when she stopped. Should I really go inside? Taeyeon asked herself. She wanted to, but she’s afraid. She took a deep breath, she has to keep going, that’s life.

She punched the numbers in and heard the door clicked. This is it, she thought. She turned the knob and walked inside not forgetting to lightly push the door back so it would close. She looked around, it looked the same, still the same. Nothing changed that it made her think, was it just really a dream?

She stood in the middle of the living room, she looked around and clenched her fist. No, I’m not going to cry, she thought. But then she felt her breath hitched, a silhouette just passed by her and it made its way towards the kitchen.

Following it, Taeyeon stopped moving when she saw Yoona standing by at the kitchen sink, smiling at her. She clenched her fist and shook her head, she kept repeating inside her mind that it was only just her imagination, her mind playing tricks on her. 

She opened her eyes and saw no one, right, just her mind playing tricks on her. She turned back towards the living room, another silhouette going towards Yoona’s bedroom. She walked towards it and opened the door, nothing.

She sighed.

“Taeyeon-ah!” She heard a faint voice, she ly to see Yoona standing by in front of her bedroom door knocking. She closed her eyes and quickly made her way towards the couch, she kept breathing heavily. Voice, Yoona’s voice kept playing inside her mind.

Calling her.

Talking to her.

She opened her eyes, no not again, she thought. She saw her reflection at the television, it wasn’t just her sitting there.

She stared at her sister, Taeyeon reached out but just like that, Yoona’s gone.

“No” Taeyeon said as tears roll down her cheeks. “No!” Taeyeon shouted.

“No!” Taeyeon repeated, her hands covering her ears as the voice inside her mind kept getting louder and louder. “Stop.. please” Taeyeon begged as she fell down from the couch and onto the floor. She crouched, her face buried between her knees, her hands grasping her hair and covering her ears.

“Stop” Taeyeon weakly begged but the voice inside her mind never stopped.

“Stop!” Taeyeon shouted again her eyes shut tight, she’s shaking.

“No.. no.. stop.. please”

 

Where am I? Taeyeon thought as she looked around the big white room, her brows furrowed. What happened to me? She asked herself. She doesn’t remember anything at all, she wanted to but as soon as she tried, her head ached.

Looking towards bedside table, Taeyeon reached out towards her phone and got confused when she saw the date. “It’s Monday, she should be here, did something happen at school?” Taeyeon asked herself.

Hearing the door creak, Taeyeon’s eyes immediately turned towards it and saw Sunny and Baekhyun entering the door. “Glad you’re awake” Sunny said and Taeyeon noticed the relief in Sunny’s voice as soon as she spoke and before she knew it, Sunny already engulfed her into a tight hug.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked while looking at Sunny in confusion causing Sunny to pull away from her and furrow her brows while looking at the latter questioningly. “You don’t know?” Sunny asked and Taeyeon furrowed her brows before shaking her head slowly.

“Where is Yoona anyways? She should be here, did something happen back at school? Why isn’t she here?” Taeyeon bombarded Sunny with questions and Sunny kept herself calm, she already expected this to happen just by seeing how vulnerable Taeyeon is.

“Just let the doctor check you first before I answer you alright? It’s best if you get checked first, stay here” Sunny sternly said and just like a kid, Taeyeon nodded her head still confused why Sunny’s acting that way. Shrugging it off, Taeyeon watched as Sunny dragged the clueless Baekhyun out of the hospital room.

“What did just happen back there?” Baekhyun asked as soon as Sunny closed the door of Taeyeon’s room.

“She lost her memory? Did someone hit her hea—“

“I’m guessing that she has a dissociative amnesia” Sunny calmly said stopping Baekhyun’s rambling. “What?” Baekhyun asked not catching what she meant. “Let’s just wait for the doctor and see if I’m right which I know will be, I’ll let him explain everything to you so you would understand better” Sunny said and Baekhyun can’t do anything but to nod his head.

Seeing the doctor walking towards them, Sunny walked patted Baekhyun’s shoulder and stepped aside before giving the doctor a nod before he can enter Taeyeon’s room. Watching Baekhyun walk towards the nearby bench, Sunny observed as he rested his elbows over his knees and clasped his hands as he stared into nothing.

I should be taking her away from you not like this. Sunny thought.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Tired guessing eh? Where are my readerssss???!!!

Poor Taeyeon T.T

#PARTY WAAAAAHHH