Chapter 32

Collision of Two Worlds

“You’re human. You just don’t die”

“Yeah right, a human that’s different from others” Baekhyun answered as he threw his hands up in the air in frustration. “Why does it even have to be me? Why can’t it be someone else?” Baekhyun said before taking a seat on the chair with his back leaning on the wall.

“You know that you’re different from the others right? We both are” Kangta answered and Baekhyun nodded his head. “You know the reason why they made you the leader. You’re different from Sunny, from Sehun and even Leeteuk, you have something that they don’t have” Kangta noted and Baekhyun chuckled.

“Yeah, right, the blood” Baekhyun answered sarcastically and Kangta nodded his head trying to make Baekhyun realize what he’s made for. “Your eyes turn red when you’re angry, they don’t. You’re much more powerful than them, you know that.” Kangta said trying to remind Baekhyun who he is and Baekhyun nodded his head as he let out a deep sigh.

“When are you going to leave hyung?” Baekhyun asked all of a sudden and Kangta raised his brows surprised that Baekhyun brought that up. “You want me to leave already?” Kangta asked and Baekhyun shook his head almost immediately. “I would even do anything to make you stay here, I don’t want to be the leader” Baekhyun answered making Kangta chuckle.

“I will leave as soon as I got the call from the legion in Europe” Kangta answered and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Would you be able to handle them?” Baekhyun asked and Kangta shrugged his shoulders not really knowing what would happen to him there. “The legion there is starting to fall apart when the last leader with the royal blood was decapitated by the enemies” Kangta answered and Baekhyun looked surprised hearing what Kangta had just said.

“He’s decapitated?” Baekhyun asked and Kangta nodded his head. “Who did it?” Baekhyun asked. “Some of the members who turned away from the legion together with some of the enemies” Kangta answered and Baekhyun let out a worried sigh.

“Don’t worry, I told you we have—“

“Yeah, that blood you’re proud of but don’t you remember that one of us died even when he has the royal blood? Our bloodlines’ getting rare already, it’s just what? Three of us living with that blood and now two because he was killed. What do you think will happen to us if one of us gets killed?” Baekhyun asked and Kangta smiled a little before shaking his head.

“You have to live, do everything you can to save the legion. I will try to hunt the ones that killed the leader there too and you have to watch out for everything move first before the enemy does. No human business” Kangta sternly said and Baekhyun immediately remembered Taeyeon.

Maybe it’s a good way for me to avoid her, maybe I should put my attention to this first and not her. He thought.

“I will hyung” Baekhyun answered firmly. “I trust you in this, without us, without the ones with the royal bloods, the legion will fall apart. Get yourself some guards, someone to accompany you, we won’t know when the enemy will attack but one thing’s for sure. They’re planning on taking us down already especially at this time where the legion’s having a problem.” Kangta said with a frown and Baekhyun let out a deep sigh feeling so much weight on his shoulder. “Hyung” Baekhyun called.

“What is it?” Kangta asked.

“You have to keep yourself safe too” Baekhyun said and Kangta smiled as he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair. He would be lying if he says that he’s not afraid but he knows he have responsibilities to do and he trusts Baekhyun too, after all he can see that he’s already well-prepared to be the next leader.

“I will. Oh, and stop destroying things too” Kangta reminded while looking around Baekhyun’s room followed by a chuckle and Baekhyun nodded his head. Watching Kangta walk towards the door, Baekhyun turned and was about reorganize his room when Kangta called him.

“Baekhyun” Kangta called.

“What is it hyung?” Baekhyun asked stopping what he’s about to do.

“Go to Kai and tell him what’s about to happen” Kangta said and Baekhyun nodded his head.

“I will hyung..”

 

White ceiling, a white band wrapped on her aching wrist.

Where am I? Taeyeon thought as she looked around the room. Sitting up, Taeyeon felt a hand on her shoulder and saw her mom looking at her with bloodshot eyes. “Taeyeon-ah, you’re awake” Mrs. Im said as she hugged Taeyeon tightly. “M-Mom” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im pulled away before cupping Taeyeon’s face and caressing her cheeks with her thumbs.

“Taeyeon-ah, what happened to you? Why did you cut your wrist?” Mr. Im asked while looking at Taeyeon with eyes filled with worry. Looking down on her wrist, Taeyeon gulped as she remembered everything she did, from breaking the vase and slashing it her wrist.

Why did I even do that? She asked herself in disbelief.

“I-I’m sorry dad. I was.. I was not on my right mind” Taeyeon answered remorsefully and Mr. Im shook his head as he went on the other side of the bed and gave his daughter a hug. “Don’t try to do that again alright? Didn’t you know how worried we were?” Mr. Im asked and Taeyeon hang her head low feeling so much guilt eating her up.

“I’m sorry” Taeyeon said as she burst into tears and Mrs. Im hugged her daughter while looking at her husband and shaking her head that was above Taeyeon’s shoulder. “It’s alright. Don’t you want to eat something? You look so pale” Mrs. Im said worriedly and Taeyeon wiped her tears away and shook her head.

“I’m not hungry mom” Taeyeon said and Mrs. Im looked at her worriedly. “If this is about—“

“I’m fine mom, and I know Yoona doesn’t like seeing me like this. I will eat but not just now “ Taeyeon weakly and hoarsely said and Mrs. Im can’t do anything but to nod her head. “I know you’re hurt by your sister’s loss but so am I, so as your dad. But don’t you think it would be better if we try to overcome this together? As a family? We’re always here Taeyeon-ah, let’s just go home and try to start anew alright? Let’s help each other” Mrs. Im asked hopefully and Taeyeon pondered about it for a moment.

Would it be easier that way?

Would it be easier if she shares her burden with the other and not just on her own?

Would it be better if she starts anew?

“Yes mom” Taeyeon answered and Mrs. Im smiled before kissing her daughter’s head and giving her a hug again while rubbing Taeyeon’s back soothingly. Taeyeon on the other hand kept thinking about everything her mom just said.

Would it really be better that way? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sometimes I wonder why I love my readers so much T.T

ya'll got what you want *cries a river*

Just kidding, it'll be a few more chapters before the revelation :D