Chapter 40

Collision of Two Worlds

“Heechul oppa here talks a lot about you” Hyoyeon said with a smile and Taeyeon raised her brows. “Really?” Taeyeon asked before looking at Heechul with questioning eyes. “Oh, yeah. I've been telling Hyoyeon here about you” Heechul said and Taeyeon nodded her head before taking a seat again. 

“Oh, I see” Taeyeon said before nodding her head. “So, would you like the chef's choice or would you like the menu?” Hyoyeon asked and Heechul glanced at Taeyeon. “You choose” He told her. “The chef's choice” Taeyeon said and Hyoyeon nodded her head before leaving the two again. 

Meanwhile.. 

Baekhyun kept thinking about what had Sunny said. Should he see her? But her father forbid him right? He wanted to see Taeyeon but he wanted to show respect to Taeyeon's father too by doing what he asked him to do. 

What if she won't come back to Iris anymore? A thought suddenly popped inside his mind. 

No, she will come back. Baekhyun mentally said. 

She won't. Alright, enough, he knew it was his inner self talking to him. “She won't” Baekhyun now stated this time, much louder than before and fortunately, his inner self didn't argued with him anymore. Standing up and taking his coat with him, Baekhyun disregarded every hesitance inside his mind and walked out of his house and towards his car. 

I'm going to see her, he thought. 


He saw her with a man, walking down the park with their hands intertwined. Is he late? Baekhyun thought as he watched Taeyeon skip down the grasses with a big smile on her face. She's not like that the last time he saw her, she never smiled so happy like that when her sister died. Who's that man that can make her smile that way? Baekhyun thought.  

Looking closely, Baekhyun furrowed his brows not knowing who the person Taeyeon is with. He felt tired after long hours of driving and now seeing her be with someone else being all happy made him felt tired even more, it dawned to him that maybe, Taeyeon's comfort comes from someone else and not him. Maybe that's the reason why Taeyeon's father asked him not to see her anymore. Maybe because Taeyeon's father knew that Taeyeon has someone and it's not his business to give her the comfort she needs.

Letting out a sigh, Baekhyun shook his head as he turned his back from the tree he's hiding from and clenched his fist. Maybe he's not really her comfort. 

Walking back towards the car, Baekhyun entered and was about to drive away when he saw that Taeyeon took a seat at a bench as the man walked away. Watching her, Baekhyun furrowed his brows as he saw Taeyeon look up at the sky and frowned. It made him frown too.

He knew, right at that moment that he's wrong. 

Taeyeon's comfort isn't from that man because if he was, then even when he's not with Taeyeon, she would be smiling and not frowning like that. He wanted to approach her, he badly does but then he remembered the words Taeyeon's father said. He likes her, he really does but knowing that Taeyeon doesn't share those feelings as him, he knew he doesn't stand a chance at all. 

Because if Taeyeon does, he would have known by now. 

Diverting his gaze at the steering wheel, Baekhyun clenched his hands but then let go of it afraid that he might break it. Staring at the steering wheel, felt so much frustration, frustration that he cannot explain. Hearing a faint knock on the window, Baekhyun's eyes widened when he saw who that person was. 

Immediately going out of his car, Baekhyun found himself speechless as the person smiled at him.

“H-Hey” 

That's all that Baekhyun had managed to tell her. “Hi to you too” She said with a chuckle making Baekhyun's cheeks go red. Scratching his nape, Baekhyun looked away. “By the way, what are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun felt like digging up a hole near him now and disappear in front of her.

“Oh.. that” Baekhyun said still thinking of excuses. No, he doesn't want to tell her that he came there for her. He doesn't want to freak her out. He doesn't want her to run away from him, not when he got the chance to talk to her again. He's not going to waste it.

Seeing her raise her brows, Baekhyun swallowed the invisible lump blocking his throat. “Oh, I met a friend around here” Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon nodded her head believing his lie. “I see, why didn't you approached me?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun raised his brows, surprised by her sudden question.”Nothing” Taeyeon said with a chuckle and Baekhyun smiled sheepishly. 

“Aren't you busy?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head. “No, Heechul oppa and I are just talking a stroll around the park, killing time” Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head. So it's his name, Baekhyun thought. 

“Is something wrong?” Taeyeon asked breaking his thoughts and Baekhyun shook his head. “Why don't you go back to him? Maybe he's looking for you” Baekhyun said with a fake smile even when he doesn't want her to go yet and Taeyeon's eyes widened. “Yeah, I should” Taeyeon said immediately before giving him a small wave and walking away. Baekhyun nodded his head, seeing her leave him just like that, Baekhyun sighed before shaking his head and was about to go inside his car again when he heard hurried footsteps, looking behind his back, Baekhyun was surprised when he saw Taeyeon come back. 

“Do you need something?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head. “Are you free tonight?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun raised his brows. “Me?” He asked, his brain still registering every word Taeyeon had said. “Yes” Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“Alright, see you later. Here at the park” Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head but before he can go inside the car for the second time, he heard Taeyeon calling him. Looking back to her, Baekhyun closed his car door and gave her a questioning look. 

“I'll make it up to you later, don't frown” Taeyeon said followed by a chuckle and for the second time of the day, Baekhyun found himself getting red in embarassment. Wait, did she just said don't frown, did she saw me frown?! Baekhyun thought as his eyes widened. 

Kicking the wheel of his car, Baekhyun grunted. 

“You're a doofus Baekhyun. A doofus” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update T.T